How We're Developing Our Next Expansion Differently

Keep the flame going GGG. We all fall down so we can learn to get back up.
"I've played a lot of videogames. It's my primary recreational activity. Best games ever: Elden Ring and Diablo 4."
~Elon Musk, 2023
i don't get it, you guys are one of the three quintessential ARPGs on the market today

why limit yourselves to a 3 month development and league timeframe?

you can literally go from 3 to 4 or 6 month leagues and probably? be perfectly fine
Yeah i really love this game.
But god you guys are making it hard on us.

It has been A LONG time without a league worth playing.
The game is not in a good state GGG... im sorry.

There is too much everywhere you look in this game.
Too much mtx, too much stash tabs, too much gems, too much uniques, too much leagues that went core even tho it hinders the game more than it helps...
Feels like you guys are just throwing stuff at the wall and seeing what sticks. And not a lot of those are sticking but even still they are core because you guys spent money developing those and you not gonna let them outside of the game right?

Harverst league going core so there will be another stash tab to buy, another system to learn... Why not simply add the harvest crafts you guys want to be in the game as a bestiary revamp or something?

If i dont wanna delve for some reason, i have to because i neeed the crafts...
If i dont wanna run sindicates for some reason, i have to because i need the crafts...
And it is like that for those core leagues...

Please when this @*&# show of a league (heist) goes core make sure it doesnt gate ANYTHING.

I really loved the new npcs, the voicelines and all that but you know the entire system is so bad...

Why allow players to leave without completing the heist?
Why making the blue prints currency mod IMPLICT to allow duping?
You can see there was ZERO @&¨# given. Zero testing done.

Also who though it would be a good idea to RUN HEISTS?

After all the storyline, being exiled, killing GODS, exploring the atlas discovering the dream world and all of those outstanding things i would spare time to RUN HEIST CONTRACTS? For random people? yeah i will just set aside time to run this contract to mr idk who, to get his meh item and get some coins that only have value inside this one place that is not important to anything in the world while Sirus is burning Oriath... I mean c'mon...

I love this game i hope you guys in GGG will find a way to get it to where it should be. It is one of my favorite games but it NEEDS to trim some fat you know? Stop stuffing everything into core please <3

This is a cool post to read as a "new player". I've played poe on and off for many years now, but never really sat down with a league as much as I have with heist. The amount of leagues in the game right now has honestly felt annoying to me, as I feel I want to spend my time learning more useful things then how the 10th specific league I'm being introduced to in a row in the last 10 levels works. I'd rather figure out the core mechanics of my skills work and spend time thinking about skill tree pathing. Not if I should be executing everyone for syndicate, or what towers are worth using for blight, or what the benefit of incursion is, or why breach is barely giving me anything, or what the point of legion even is, or hearing that delve has bosses, then trying to figure out how to do said bosses, you get the idea. that list could be much longer, and it's felt stressful as a curious new player to have that list of things I need to learn later grow so long. it doesnt feel like the game has endless wonders to explore, it feels more like a grocery list of things I need to figure out before I can feel good about farming everything efficiently.

All in all, I guess what I'm trying to say is I think it would be more fun if there was less content, if it means that content is both more polished and rewarding. 10 sources of content that are thoroughly fun and rewarding is way better to me then 50 sources of content that are mediocre and barely rewarding.
I think this is not just a good change, but a highly necessary one. Quality over quantity any day.

The core of PoE is so good, we just need an excuse to come back every 3 months. If the game doesn't work well at release, that actually discourages returning players.
Last edited by Shin_Gojira on Oct 20, 2020, 7:56:47 PM
"
All in all, I guess what I'm trying to say is I think it would be more fun if there was less content, if it means that content is both more polished and rewarding. 10 sources of content that are thoroughly fun and rewarding is way better to me then 50 sources of content that are mediocre and barely rewarding.

+1
Thanks for the effort, at least you guys became aware that this cycle with way too many distractions/content isn't working and are trying to change that. I hope it works and the game became cleaner, not only in content but in tabs/itens that doesnt have a meaningful impact on the game.
Póggu
"
Smaggles wrote:

+1
Hi Chris. and all the programmers. I have been playing for 4 years now. This is really the best game I have ever played, and I have played over 300 different games. I did waste one year playing wow, that is the very very worst rip off game ever made. I like heist, bugs really should not put anyone off of playing ggg, as we just all take it for granted, that there will be bugs and patches. Sounds really good on the 3.13 upcoming expansion.
Really looking forward to poe2. Hope the lockdown ends soon out there in new zeland. Up here in Canada it is not so bad. Had to buy a new mouse the other day,
the old one gave up on me after constant pounding, and the ocasional wicked slam on the mouse pad. Well, enough of my babbaling, have a really nice christmas and new year.
I Will Create A Character Soon To Do Endgame.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info