How We're Developing Our Next Expansion Differently

''there's a boss in Diablo II called Creeping Feature as a nod to this, over 20 years ago''

oh yeah, stony tomb lvl 2, he looks like a zombie
"
DixuMixu wrote:
damage control by the man himself!

"
Atlas expansion

and that's what everyone wants to hear! league mechanics that are not tied to the core gameplay of poe, which is mapping, are awful as history has shown

Delve begs to differ.
I like my loot like my steak - RARE
So if I get this right you found out that the problem in your development cycle was that the team got too distracted, and you're going to experiment with getting distracted less?

check.
Thanks Chris, and GGG, I can understand how hard it is nowadays and I'm glad you're taking responsobility, I was just thinking the exact same thing today.. All I'd want is polished content that's perhaps a little less ambitious.
Much love, stay safe everyone <3
That was painful to read.

if you want to get things done either react quickly to the feedback..

I'm not saying that you don't "listen" but you listen but you keep putting aside older core league issues for the sake of making the current one on the hype train.

It's wrong.

It's making older leagues to be complete obsolete by now, the atlas system has alot of flaws with their map drops that you still havent fixed or wont look into because reddit isnt asking for changes. It's a terrible way to handle it.

You lost balance somewhere during delirum or harvest looks like where you moved all rewards to the current flavour of the month league in order to keep people engaged. Again it's wrong.

Heist has alot of rewarding issues where you can get the same rewards if you played enough and paid enough atention.. this is a design issue.

The pandemic hit the world very hard but this development path is something that you have been doing for years now.
"Parade your victories, hide your defeats. Mortals are so insecure."

Once you break the cycle of fear no angels or demons can whisper you their sweet nothing words.

Retired since crucible.(Not a free tester anymore for a multi billion dollar company).
Last edited by Xystre on Oct 20, 2020, 7:26:38 PM
So you'll actually test it this time? That's a first...
From League Starter to Shaper – Cheap, Tanky, Fast and Fun Physical ST – Very Detailed Guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077519

Gannicus, God of the Arena – Deathless Uber Elder for Everyone
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2627521
"
(Adding to this pressure, our country's borders are closed which means our international hiring is frozen for the foreseeable future).

Remote.Work.

so just a long rant..
Hang in there PoE development crew!! Everyone has their ups and downs and this Covid bullshit has affected LOTs of companies in very negative ways. Just know that we love the game and are behind you every step of the way!! Just take your time, do what you need to make sure content updates are quality over quantity and don't worry!!!
Thanks. Heist really burned me out with the state that it was released in. Very often, it’s the degree of polish rather than the size of the features that makes a league feels good.
IGN: JerleNecroDD/JerleNecroRuthless
Harvest is the BEST league EVER. Deterministic crafting ftw.
How will POE2 and POE coexist?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info