How We're Developing Our Next Expansion Differently

More bs excuses trying to save face after the crap league you delivered.

1h , i repeat ONE HOUR if you would have played the game before the league release doing some heists you would have seen how bugged it was. But you just think you can have your players test it for you. You're so good at nerfing the fun out of the game with every league but on top of that you also deliver a bugged mess. You should spend less time thinking about what to nerf and more time on testing and fixing bugs. You got your priorities wrong, there's nothing wrong with having a little less balance and more fun in the game but there's something very wrong when you deliver
a 25% completed(only) ,as in working properly, league.

You're at the top of my list with the worst game companies.
Last edited by voronius on Oct 20, 2020, 5:39:16 PM
"
cgexile wrote:
Anyone that's been around for a long time knew this type of post from Chris was going to drop.

^^^ 100%

there was no choice. this league was such dog shit, the captain at the helm had to make a statement otherwise that morale and ship gonna sink.

words are cheap, let's see it in action. business loses out on bottom line, they get bad PR, it's only natural response to scrounge for that lost lunch money.
† You were a good man in a bad situation, Fairgraves. †
See what I am currently after here: 1767138
Thanks Chris! 2797098

good luck sir!

3.13 is gonna be awesome
In my opinion i think you guys are going above and beyond especially in the current epidemic that we are facing please keep up the great work.
Also another thing you guys do a wonderful job of letting everyone know what is happening from patches to future updates, i for one appreciate all the extra effort that we don't see in many games today.
Once again thanks.
We've heard something similar quite a few times. All these 'we love you Chris' remarks, are cringe. This is the same company that does all the dodgy stuff with stash tabs, selling more and more when just a handful of well designed tabs can store everything. As someone said above, had they played this game for just a few hours before releasing heist, they'd have seen these bugs. There is literally zero testing going on, and that's not an exaggeration.

Love the game, but tired of the bs. Talk is cheap, a good, non tedious league next please. And stop releasing 3848283 mtxs each week please, its in bad taste when the league is so borked.
I doubt Chris actually reads these, but if someone GGG reads this, and feels it's worth it please pass it up the line.

I think it's a *really* good idea to tighten down like this, and it should have fantastic results for you, and for the community.

However, I want to suggest the schedule on of the league launches each year to be a "cleanup/rebalance" league. One where the devs can get in those features they've wanted to add, and the team can spend time working on tweaks and such.

Obviously there an still be a league mechanic, but it can be something fast and simple.
This is good news. Polished quality content >>> massive amount of new stuff with plethora of bugs.
I honestly think this is a great idea. I'd personally rather have 25%, 50% less content each leage and have the remaining content be rock solid than have a feature rich league where it isn't polished and mechanics are over-complicated or just don't work properly. I believe Blizzard is suffering from a similar issue and I hope they get it sorted out as well.

Thanks GGG!
As another software guy, it is sad; realizations like this happens only where some huge issues exist.
You need way better designing and testing via a decent and robust continuous integration system.
Heist clearly showed that design, implementation and testing were totally failed without a doubt.
Oh and estimations shall always be based on past experiences; how could the 19th go this bad.
Problem is, I heard similar things too many times from too many company; not a good future.
All-time non-streamer luckless dropless rewardless tons-of-time-playing non-TFT-er 100% solo player.
So, it just turns out, we were lied to for years with the promises of a two-storied one PoE 4.0.
All these worse and worse beta leagues, all these braindead changes, all lead to this.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info