[3.13] MOM & POP Skeletons - Strong at Bosses & Heists

Took alot of doing but I finally rolled a Elegant Hubris with 4x *Minions have 80% increased maximum life nodes* on it, so with 320% more life these things are mini nukes, Then picked up a vitality / clarity watchers eye.

Unsure next upgrade to hunt for but I'm enjoying the build, tyvm!

"
Benihimee wrote:
Took alot of doing but I finally rolled a Elegant Hubris with 4x *Minions have 80% increased maximum life nodes* on it, so with 320% more life these things are mini nukes, Then picked up a vitality / clarity watchers eye.

Any tips on getting that elegant hubris and where is the best place to socket it?
Thanks in advance!
Btw, very nice gear!
gz
I'm following your guide because gearing is straightforward and you gave enough detail in simple enough terms for me to understand the ins and outs of your choices. So I wanted to start by saying thanks for that.

The last time I tried a popcorn skele build I used From Dust and I'm struggling a bit with the cadence of not using it. It seems like in an ideal situation you can stand still and shotgun skeles by holding down the skill - but I'm not sure all packs are blowing up this way so my adjustment is 3 pause/move 3 pause/move. If I pause at all between casts I feel it's impossible for all skeles to appear because of how fast they pop which means any time I cast less than 3 without pausing or moving then not using From Dust is a dps loss. SO because standing still is dangerous or even because only 1 group is needed to kill before moving I feel like I am wasting clicks and/or losing DPS more often than not.

Since more people don't mention this and there's nothing about it in the guide I'm assuming there's a flaw in my understanding.
"
phelipebra wrote:
"
Benihimee wrote:

Any tips on getting that elegant hubris and where is the best place to socket it?
Thanks in advance!
Btw, very nice gear!
gz

The best place is the jewel node to the left of discipline and training imo, as for finding one, this was the first I made you can keep an eye on trade for specific numbers ( number seems to dictate the seed)
I can see how this can be an amazing bosser, but how is performance on map clearing/Blight Maps?
TBH I'm taking this league pretty slowly, been spending more time on Hades lol

Got a couple extra budget/early tips:

1. With Tukohama's Vanguard Spectres, you can just 4-link them to FFrenzy, Cumbustin, and Multtotem, letting you 5-link Bloodbond with Cold Snap/Hextouch/Flamm/Desecrate/FastCast, which also links to Blood Ritual. Spent like 6c on a perfect Bloodbond + Jewtouch
2. A Talisman with Gravepact anoint is a great starter, I got one with 27% mana impl + good life & resists for 5c, dunno if I'll ever replace

Also there's probably nothing wrong with putting a couple good Jewels instead of Fettle clusters in your Mediums' sockets, at least for a while

"
phelipebra wrote:
One more thing!
i'm using gloves with elemental weakness on hit for the animated guardian + boots with +1 curse so we can stack 2 curses on bosses/strong elites.

Works like a charm, if u feeling not so tanky you can use enfeeble gloves instead for extra safety!
Only caveat is that when you reapply CoH, if you don't have +1 curse you'll remove AG's - but he'll add it back on his next hit. I think I overestimated the impact of that earlier.

"
Zonraz wrote:
Put about 2ex into the build thus far and stomping content. Getting into maps now, but can't wait to see how it performs. Easiest lvling experience I've had
I don't know when it gets hard!

"
Benihimee wrote:

That is fucking awesome. ATM my knowledge of this option is that 59,680 coins is one of the good numbers to roll. I will have to figure this out for the guide eventually.

About all that's next for your gear is a 35% boots, finding jewelry with ~30% minion dmg, and gloves with minion life.

One thing I noticed is your Watcher's Eyes adds another 10% to MoM, meaning your optimal life/mana ratio now is at least 2/3. If you have 5k health, for example, up to 3333 mana will max out your EHP. Prefer to go a little higher to afford spells and regen.

You're fuckin killin it, man!

"
Yseviel wrote:
I'm following your guide because gearing is straightforward and you gave enough detail in simple enough terms for me to understand the ins and outs of your choices. So I wanted to start by saying thanks for that.

The last time I tried a popcorn skele build I used From Dust and I'm struggling a bit with the cadence of not using it. It seems like in an ideal situation you can stand still and shotgun skeles by holding down the skill - but I'm not sure all packs are blowing up this way so my adjustment is 3 pause/move 3 pause/move. If I pause at all between casts I feel it's impossible for all skeles to appear because of how fast they pop which means any time I cast less than 3 without pausing or moving then not using From Dust is a dps loss. SO because standing still is dangerous or even because only 1 group is needed to kill before moving I feel like I am wasting clicks and/or losing DPS more often than not.

Since more people don't mention this and there's nothing about it in the guide I'm assuming there's a flaw in my understanding.
After getting a feel for the cast time you can just drag your mouse across mobs for 2-3 casts. Replica Siegebreaker helps a lot here because it triggers on despawns, extending your damage and giving visual cue.

"
frajaq wrote:
I can see how this can be an amazing bosser, but how is performance on map clearing/Blight Maps?
Blight maps are a dream, I crushed a few dozen Blighted Summits with XP anoints getting to 97.

It's not the best clearer, if bossing and survivability are 5/5 I'd put the clear at 4/5. It's a big part of why I love Replica Siegebreaker.
"

ATM my knowledge of this option is that 59,680 coins is one of the good numbers to roll. I will have to figure this out for the guide eventually.

About all that's next for your gear is a 35% boots, finding jewelry with ~30% minion dmg, and gloves with minion life.

One thing I noticed is your Watcher's Eyes adds another 10% to MoM, meaning your optimal life/mana ratio now is at least 2/3. If you have 5k health, for example, up to 3333 mana will max out your EHP. Prefer to go a little higher to afford spells and regen.

You're fuckin killin it, man!

59680 (320% Minion Life)
36340 (240% Minion life and 80% damage)
98080 (320% Minion Damage , 80% life and a easy 37% chaos res)

Those were the ones i saw
Last edited by Benihimee on Jan 20, 2021, 9:48:14 PM
Hydrosphere is a really good way to apply EE for fire summoners. It only applies it on the first hit because we cant make it pulse but its fast to cast, has a good radius and it will hit any enemy in its path when you move it.
I feel like i got to a point that I can just farm till t16. This build feels REALLY GOOD :) I just got my last ascendancy yesterday (coz b4 I didn't notice it gives 30% area and didn't even need other stats from it lol)
My next to buy list is:
better lvls/quality on gems - any suggestions to order?
helmet - daaaamn it's expensive!
better large jewel +2nd medium+2nd small
better amu, gloves and ring

Do you guys see anything I could improve on a budget (to save for helmet) while on way to t16?
Last edited by kobielak13 on Jan 21, 2021, 12:34:43 PM
"
Benihimee wrote:
59680 (320% Minion Life)
36340 (240% Minion life and 80% damage)
98080 (320% Minion Damage , 80% life and a easy 37% chaos res)

Those were the ones i saw
Appreciate the documentation!

"
Zerber wrote:
Hydrosphere is a really good way to apply EE for fire summoners. It only applies it on the first hit because we cant make it pulse but its fast to cast, has a good radius and it will hit any enemy in its path when you move it.
I gave it a quick try and I think that's totally right! Compared to Cold Snap, it casts faster and with no cooldown. Maybe a Spectre could get it pulsing lol

"
kobielak13 wrote:
I feel like i got to a point that I can just farm till t16. This build feels REALLY GOOD :) I just got my last ascendancy yesterday (coz b4 I didn't notice it gives 30% area and didn't even need other stats from it lol)
My next to buy list is:
better lvls/quality on gems - any suggestions to order?
helmet - daaaamn it's expensive!
better large jewel +2nd medium+2nd small
better amu, gloves and ring

Do you guys see anything I could improve on a budget (to save for helmet) while on way to t16?
You could drop Vitality until you get a Watcher's Eye for it
In fact, even when you get the Watcher's Eye, you don't need it above lv1. Vitality reserves mana we need and heals Skeles.

For gems, level > quality, except for Anom Infernal Legion. A 21/20 gem will always be better than 20/23 and the difference from 20% to 23% quality is very small.

I think you bought those boots from me!! They look very familiar to ones I sold a day or two ago.

Along with the Watcher's Eye you can squeeze in an Animated Guardian, there's a lot of good options to build him. Check through the thread for AG discussions.

Beyond that I would just plan out what an ideal, expensive item for each slot would be, and upgrade one at a time while shopping patiently.
Last edited by therealtoothman on Jan 22, 2021, 11:58:59 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info