[3.12] Cast While Channelling VD/Any Skill Chieftain - Terrific all rounder, easy A8 Sirus

I definitly think the build has huge potential but the guide needs alot more work, like when should we switch over to disintegrator ? Im trying it at level 65 & im having mana sustain issues & barely recovering enough ES to get energy shield back. Im in abit of a stuck place

Leveling guide would be awesome, leveling this character was tough
Hey I've had several requests to do a in-depth levelling guide which is what I'll do but haven't had time ><

For now, run this check list if you are having mana issues:
- Enduring Mana Flask @ 20% Quality (run 2 if you need to)
- Essence Extraction node teched to on passive tree
- Quick Recovery node teched to
- Medium Cluster Jewel /w Special Reserve and Spiked Concoction (drop the large cluster jewel if you have to!)
- Another issue is that you may need to just simply level more, in this case use another glove instead of Voidbringer and test your mileage.
I started leveling this a few days ago, up to level 82 now. My notes from leveling:

* I used melee skills until 38 with vendor recipe weapons. This was somewhat painfully low damage from 20-38 or so; if you're taking this route, definitely diverge from the POB skill tree to pick up some extra damage and respec at 38.
* Use vitality while leveling, it's very helpful.
* Once I hit level 38 and did first lab, Cyclone + CwC + Firestorm felt perfectly fine until 65 with just Tabula and self-found rare stuff
* I tried using 2 Widowmakers, but I found that just using a self-found rare staff with +fire damage to spells was better
* I used a Tabula with +2 to Socketed AoE Gems (it was the same price as an uncorrupted Tabula when I bought it)
* It felt good to buy and use most of the basic gear immediately at 65 (Disintegrator, Scold's, Stampede, Soul Tether, Glorious Vanity, cluster jewels, 5-10c non-cluster jewels, non-unique flasks). This cost ~5ex, most of it in Glorious Vanity and cluster jewels.
* *Voidbringer is the exception to this!* Using Voidbringer right at 65 was way more self-damage than I could handle at that point. You want *at least* merciless lab, and it will feel much more comfortable with a "life gained for each enemy hit by your spells" ring and uber lab.
* You'll want to keep mostly using Firestorm for damage until you do start using Voidbringer to generate enough corpses for lots of VD. Switching to Disintegrator while you're in this state still feels good, the big +Physical Damage is nice.
* Maximum life is a really big deal for feeling comfortable with the self-damage, since the self-damage doesn't scale with max life but leech and recovery mostly do.
* I was initially using a Granite flask in place of the Quicksilver originally recommended by the guide; this was nice for defense but *not recommended* once you start using Voidbringer and VD, it counteracts Voidbringer too strongly to be able to get enough corpses. Maybe this would be more feasible if you got a Voidbringer with a higher mana-cost-of-skills roll (mine was 52).
* I found it easier than I'd expected to deal with dexterity and cold/lightning resistance, but low chaos resistance seems like the biggest con to me so far, that's what a lot of my recent deaths have been to.
* For body armor, I found a Skin of the Lords with Call to Arms on it, which was a *huge* quality of life boost (Enduring Cry on left click, hold it and cyclone on right click at same time). It adds so much QOL that I might consider pathing to there through the Bloodless cluster on the tree to be able to switch to a better body armor (the dream would be an explody chest with some +chaos res)
* Replica Soul Tether is only 5c; you can save a marginal amount of currency by buying it and a cheaper timeless jewel, but I wouldn't recommend it since it'll be much more expensive to get a good corruption on the belt that way.
Last edited by brosmike on Oct 12, 2020, 8:57:39 PM
"
Eathb wrote:
Hey I've had several requests to do a in-depth levelling guide which is what I'll do but haven't had time ><

- Medium Cluster Jewel /w Special Reserve and Spiked Concoction (drop the large cluster jewel if you have to!)
- Another issue is that you may need to just simply level more, in this case use another glove instead of Voidbringer and test your mileage.

hello.. just a litle questions...

Should i use Voidbringuer with no curse effect until i can buy one? or just use any normal rare gloves??

about the belt, do i need that 15% hatred effect? or a all elemental resistances would be better?

and about jewells, just need increase damage on then? plus that damage while leeching?

thx alot
"
andrelb1 wrote:
"
Eathb wrote:

Should i use Voidbringuer with no curse effect until i can buy one? or just use any normal rare gloves??

about the belt, do i need that 15% hatred effect? or a all elemental resistances would be better?

and about jewells, just need increase damage on then? plus that damage while leeching?

thx alot

Curse is just luxury/QoL item. You can use Voidbringer as soon as you can sustain the damage, go with brosmike post above to test whether you can use it or not. If you can't sustain the damage, use any glove you want for the time being.

Hatred is doing nothing in my belt. I'm using it for crit mutli, but again that is just luxury item. If you want to curse you can drop GMP from the Unearth or Storm Brand (link Power Charge on Crit to Wave of Conviction) setups and add it to your CWDT.
Last edited by Eathb on Oct 12, 2020, 10:30:55 PM
"
Eathb wrote:
"
andrelb1 wrote:
"
Eathb wrote:

thx alot

Curse is just luxury/QoL item. You can use Voidbringer as soon as you can sustain the damage, go with brosmike post above to test whether you can use it or not. If you can't sustain the damage, use any glove you want for the time being.

Hatred is doing nothing in my belt. I'm using it for crit mutli, but again that is just luxury item. If you want to curse you can drop GMP from the Unearth or Storm Brand (link Power Charge on Crit to Wave of Conviction) setups and add it to your CWDT.

Thx alot...

im checking your POB gems, and lots of then are low lvl, like 8... 3.. and some at main setup are even lvl 2... is that right? or it should be lvl 20 and was a missclick? (spell cascade and CwC on main link chest are lvl 2).

and i nwhat order you recomend me to pick my ascendance points?
Last edited by andrelb1 on Oct 12, 2020, 11:14:47 PM
"
brosmike wrote:
I started leveling this a few days ago, up to level 82 now. My notes from leveling:

Maybe this would be more feasible if you got a Voidbringer with a higher mana-cost-of-skills roll (mine was 52).

By high roll you mean i need a glove with more mana cost os less mana cost??

thx.
@andreib1: bro, read the gems correctly ;D that are awakended gems, they cannot go higher than lvl6...
"
Wolve666 wrote:
@andreib1: bro, read the gems correctly ;D that are awakended gems, they cannot go higher than lvl6...

oh sorry... im noob, i didnt know about that...
"
andrelb1 wrote:
"
Wolve666 wrote:

oh sorry... im noob, i didnt know about that...

Also, some gems are underleveled so they can be served by a level 1 CWDT. Unearth, Storm Brand, Desecrate and Wave of Conviction are set to that level because then they will be low enough to be procced by CWDT.

Arcane Surge is at 10 because a lower arcane surge triggers on less mana, so it will trigger more often.

Precision is at level 1 because that gives us a bonus to crit chance without much mana investment.

Blade Blast is at level 1 because we are only using it to apply Unnerve to enemies (I think).

The rest are all lower level because they are Awakened gems.

BTW, I am loving this build so far. It absolutely kills. The only thing that really hits me hard is reflect or less recovery rate on maps or heists.
Last edited by Neomeris85 on Oct 13, 2020, 4:05:18 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info