[3.14] CoC Ice Nova Build | Assassin | Ultimatum | Path of Exile 3.14

This build is definitely not budget at this point. Crit cinderswallow is like 3.5 ex, transcendent jewel is 10 ex, shavs is 3 ex

Even a normal helm with 40% ice nova is ~ 3 ex

So I'd say to get this build going is probably about 30 ex to get some good ES gear if you dont craft it. Also because things like the mods on the belt are very specific to this build.

And like in the previous posts, it will still die. The point of this build is to hold down cyclone and farm.
Last edited by DVSsapS on Mar 24, 2021, 7:12:15 PM
how is this build doing vs the ultimatum mechanic ?
Hi there, thanks for this guide!
Is there a need for Vaal Ice Nova in Cospris or could it be somewhere else ? tried cold snap in cospris as third skill and it works pretty fine for frenzy charges.
Or do i miss something with Ice Nova in Cospris?

And do you still can use Flesh and Stone or do you use something else?
Thanks!
You want the 2nd ice nova gem in your cospri's because it'll proc off of the frostbolts and provide some extra damage and clear. Never heard of anyone doing cold snap with Cospri's CoC and you don't want frenzy charges anyway, for two reasons. The first being that in an ideal world, you're running a Militant Faith timeless jewel for the Inner Conviction keystone. This effectively nullifies any frenzy charges you'd be generating and just converts them to power charges, which goes along with the main selling point of the jewel, which is 3% MORE spell damage modifier per power charge(Assassin's run 7 power charges before getting a +1 helm, so that's 21% MORE damage.)

Secondly and even more importantly, you need to keep a watchful eye on your cyclone's attacks per second. If you don't have at least 14% cooldown recovery somewhere on your gear, whether it's from a level 3+ Awakened CoC gem or a mod on your belt or boots, you need to keep your cyclone's attack speed BELOW 6.06APS, not 7.1 like I've seen referenced. If you DO have 14% CDR somewhere on your gear, your new aps breakpoint becomes 7.57 Cyclone APS. Most people shoot for that 14% CDR and it's even easier to obtain this league with the veiled mod changes. Frenzy Charges in all likelihood are pushing you past the breakpoint which is bad because it essentially means you're skipping Ice Nova procs on your main CoC damage link. You're attacking faster than Ice Nova can proc, and the result will be a very large reduction in dps.

TLDR: Forget cold snap. Put vaal ice nova in your Cospris as they proc off frostbolts and with frozen trail jewel you're getting more frostbolts and more ice novas procing from them. This gives you far more extra damage than cold snap would and the vaal ice nova is nice to pop for things like legions, etc. Make sure you have 14% CDR on your gear and ensure you're never exceeding 7.57 cyclone attack speed with flasks active(I typically like to sit right around 7.52aps, so just under the BP.) Forget frenzy charges all together.
Last edited by KFieLdGaming on Apr 29, 2021, 12:12:28 AM
"
KFieLdGaming wrote:
You want the 2nd ice nova gem in your cospri's because it'll proc off of the frostbolts and provide some extra damage and clear. Never heard of anyone doing cold snap with Cospri's CoC and you don't want frenzy charges anyway, for two reasons. The first being that in an ideal world, you're running a Militant Faith timeless jewel for the Inner Conviction keystone. This effectively nullifies any frenzy charges you'd be generating and just converts them to power charges, which goes along with the main selling point of the jewel, which is 3% MORE spell damage modifier per power charge(Assassin's run 7 power charges before getting a +1 helm, so that's 21% MORE damage.)

Secondly and even more importantly, you need to keep a watchful eye on your cyclone's attacks per second. If you don't have at least 14% cooldown recovery somewhere on your gear, whether it's from a level 3+ Awakened CoC gem or a mod on your belt or boots, you need to keep your cyclone's attack speed BELOW 6.06APS, not 7.1 like I've seen referenced. If you DO have 14% CDR somewhere on your gear, your new aps breakpoint becomes 7.57 Cyclone APS. Most people shoot for that 14% CDR and it's even easier to obtain this league with the veiled mod changes. Frenzy Charges in all likelihood are pushing you past the breakpoint which is bad because it essentially means you're skipping Ice Nova procs on your main CoC damage link. You're attacking faster than Ice Nova can proc, and the result will be a very large reduction in dps.

TLDR: Forget cold snap. Put vaal ice nova in your Cospris as they proc off frostbolts and with frozen trail jewel you're getting more frostbolts and more ice novas procing from them. This gives you far more extra damage than cold snap would and the vaal ice nova is nice to pop for things like legions, etc. Make sure you have 14% CDR on your gear and ensure you're never exceeding 7.57 cyclone attack speed with flasks active(I typically like to sit right around 7.52aps, so just under the BP.) Forget frenzy charges all together.

This helps a lot, thank you very much sir!
Hi.
I've converted my BB/BF assassin built into yours after selling the some gear.
I feel like the damage is fine since it 1 shots every pack, but I'm dying at least once every map for random stuff in T14+ maps.
https://pastebin.com/GrBP4F3n
If you have the time to give it a quick check, i would appreciate a lot.
You Cylcone has not 100% Hit Chance and not 100% Crit Chance when i look at your PoB

You going to need 100% to have full dps. But anyways its a Melee build with not many Defensives so you going to die often
You coc tick rate is wrong m8.
server tick evry 33ms, thats what u need to calc after.

so if no cdr ur CS on coc is 150ms
so 150/33 =4,55ticks round up to 5.
33*5 is 165MS.
1sec = 1000ms
so 1000/165ms = 6,06 is optimal. not more.

assuming 100% hit and crit rate.

if u get just a tiny bit over its a server tick u need to wait not a full cooldown.
so in worse case, with too much attack speed you lose another 32MS. in

Here is old vidio tehre explain all the math way better.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSpyn9pTRaQ
which rings would be best to replace?

or is awakened CoC better first?
With Awaken Add Cold Damage i have low Crit chance(((

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info