[3.14]Poison Spellslinger Poet's Pen Blade Fall/Blast | Budget league start viable | Fast clear

"
pra-lima87 wrote:
I'm creating a Cwdt setup, for a bit of survivability while I'm missing some defensive nodes.

What is a good setup?
CWDT+IMMORTAL CALL+WITHER STEP+DURATION
Maybe a Stone golen?

Not a fan of immortal call since the nerf

Stone golem wont be very relevant coz we dont need regen

withering steps seems ok to reset elusive
My Builds/Stream

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2814713
"
Astarift wrote:

I see you are using the Divergent Agony gem. Since it gives 20% change to poison, can it free some passives in the tree?

I'm having a hard time with resistances. Maybe because I'm using a unique helmet. Maybe I'll need to change helmet or boots to something else. Gotta a nice enchanted helmet tought.

Any advice:

Last edited by pra-lima87 on Oct 19, 2020, 6:59:01 AM
I don't know about withering steps, it consumes dash (or flame dash) charges, which are crucial to both zoom zooming and surviving in tight spots.

Right now I'm on cwdt + steelskin (+ increased duration but I think I'm going to give it up to fit wither totem), and vaal grace (just as a panic button). We don't have any other vaal skill so it's pretty efficient.

There's definitely tradeoffs to make between agony crawler, precision, cwdt setup, wither totem and vaal grace, since we can't fit them all, but I think those are the relevant options.

By the way, how good is wither totem? Haven't tried it yet but I'm worried that it would be too clunky and too fragile.
"
pra-lima87 wrote:
"
Astarift wrote:

I see you are using the Divergent Agony gem. Since it gives 20% change to poison, can it free some passives in the tree?

I'm having a hard time with resistances. Maybe because I'm using a unique helmet. Maybe I'll need to change helmet or boots to something else. Gotta a nice enchanted helmet tought.

Any advice:
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable

Alpha howl is pretty much useless in this build, i wouldnt use it. Using too much uniques limits gearing, forces you to spend more on your non unique slots to cap resist. I would drop helm and boots if you are having serious res capping issues

"
Walach_ wrote:
I don't know about withering steps, it consumes dash (or flame dash) charges, which are crucial to both zoom zooming and surviving in tight spots.

Right now I'm on cwdt + steelskin (+ increased duration but I think I'm going to give it up to fit wither totem), and vaal grace (just as a panic button). We don't have any other vaal skill so it's pretty efficient.

There's definitely tradeoffs to make between agony crawler, precision, cwdt setup, wither totem and vaal grace, since we can't fit them all, but I think those are the relevant options.

By the way, how good is wither totem? Haven't tried it yet but I'm worried that it would be too clunky and too fragile.

I use withering steps as a cooldown to instantly stack high wither stacks for damage ramp

Wither totem are a must, because its a huge amount of damage there for bosses

There is no need for cwdt steelskin, because most of the time we dont get hit, even if we do, we recover really fast and we get extra dodge/evasion

As long as you are constantly right clicking, the secondary spellslinger with bladefall should blind everything reducing their hit chance.

The issue with this build is that we build around avoidance and not taking damage. Wind dancer is there to cover up for the weakness to give us some one shot defense mechanics
My Builds/Stream

Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
"
Astarift wrote:

Alpha howl is pretty much useless in this build, i wouldnt use it. Using too much uniques limits gearing, forces you to spend more on your non unique slots to cap resist. I would drop helm and boots if you are having serious res capping issues

Thanks.
Time to drop the helm them.
Them look for new boots too.
Fixing Res will make my life a lot easier finding good rings.

Guess I'll also drop the CWDT.
I just like stuff happening as I move about :)
But 2 more buttons is very manageable even on console.
Last edited by pra-lima87 on Oct 19, 2020, 10:57:27 AM
Why do we try to run herald of agony with no links if we are already at 100% chance to poison?
Thanks for the build!! I will try it :)

Is divergent spellslinger and dendrobate an options?
Last edited by colasozk on Oct 20, 2020, 1:09:31 AM
"
colasozk wrote:

Dendrobate is a total no go, it increases the mana reservation of the bladeblast on your 6 link for not much of a dps boost

Divergent spellslinger is just a flat 40% reduced cooldown rate, not sure why would u want to use it
Poison builds strictly do not scale with spell damage, it scales with flat chaos/phys damage and ailments/chaos dot damage

"
Armedmaniac wrote:
Why do we try to run herald of agony with no links if we are already at 100% chance to poison?

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Herald_of_Agony

2nd line in the skill text, Grants 10% more poison damage
My Builds/Stream

"
Astarift wrote:
"
colasozk wrote:

Dendrobate is a total no go, it increases the mana reservation of the bladeblast on your 6 link for not much of a dps boost

Ok, I understand

"
Astarift wrote:
Divergent spellslinger is just a flat 40% reduced cooldown rate, not sure why would u want to use it
Poison builds strictly do not scale with spell damage, it scales with flat chaos/phys damage and ailments/chaos dot damage

I thought that cooldow recovery rate would works fine with the build.

Thanks for the answers and sorry for my english, I'm from Spain and I still don't understand it very well

Regards
"
Astarift wrote:

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Herald_of_Agony

2nd line in the skill text, Grants 10% more poison damage

Isn't using Agony for only 10% poison a bit much?

A Div vitality gives 20% damage boost on lv1 and 20% quality (full health). Only requiring 25 mana reserved.

Also, Did you ever consider Blood and Rage?
Since we focus a lot on fast attack.
Maybe the degen is too much.

Sorry for all those questions, we must be getting in you nerves :D
Last edited by pra-lima87 on Oct 20, 2020, 7:55:14 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info