[3.14]Poison Spellslinger Poet's Pen Blade Fall/Blast | Budget league start viable | Fast clear

Yeah I noticed the ring after i posted. Thanks! I grabbed one of those rings and just picked up Noxious strike.
IGN: Flickinboogers
Super loving this build, wanted to share my SSF gear:
"

Got very lucky with the uber lab ench. Working towards unveiling/finding the better -mana cost on rings, upgrading shield, and getting a 6link. Feels very strong on just 5link for now. Feels like my strongest SSF build ever
This build looks very solid!
Might start this one until the league ends.

My ColdSlinger got kind of abandoned.
Wanna try a build that is more updated to alternate quality gems.
Also I have most of the stuff needed from playing ColdSlinger.
Even a replica mistwall :).

Some leveling is would be appreciated:
1) What are the priority in support gems when leveling Spellslinger.
Since we will need some micromanaging of the mana reservation.
2) Where to go first in the tree. What notables to aim for first.
Last edited by pra-lima87 on Oct 13, 2020, 12:24:46 PM
"
pra-lima87 wrote:
This build looks very solid!
Might start this one until the league ends.

My ColdSlinger got kind of abandoned.
Wanna try a build that is more updated to alternate quality gems.
Also I have most of the stuff needed from playing ColdSlinger.
Even a replica mistwall :).

Some leveling is would be appreciated:
1) What are the priority in support gems when leveling Spellslinger.
Since we will need some micromanaging of the mana reservation.
2) Where to go first in the tree. What notables to aim for first.

The focus while leveling is to ensure that you can poison with the spells. On a base line, you wont be able to poison anything so i will have lesser poison linked to all the triggered spells

I would focus on every single node that gives you chance to poison on hit, poison on spell hits. Need 100% chance to poison asap, thats the first requirement on leveling.
My Builds/Stream

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2814713
"
Astarift wrote:

I would focus on every single node that gives you chance to poison on hit, poison on spell hits. Need 100% chance to poison asap, thats the first requirement on leveling.

Nice, how much dps are we aiming for at lv96?
POB is no showing much.
"
pra-lima87 wrote:
"
Astarift wrote:

Nice, how much dps are we aiming for at lv96?
POB is no showing much.

Dps calculation can be extremely difficult/complicated, because there are too many factors to consider

As long as your blade blast deals around 25-30k poison dps/100-120k combined total poison dmg, you should be able to handle all content with pretty insane dps

Currently my numbers are at 32.6k/169.8k

The numbers shown on pob, is only assuming a single blade blast hit, thats ignoring any sort of overlap/bladefall dmg.
Also, due to noxious strike, we get 5% increased duration on poison for each poison applied within a 4 second window, we probably hit a few hundred times within 4 second constantly, so the poison can last pretty long(which further inflates our dps)

Tldr; just focus on the blade blast damage numbers i have set and try to achieve the minimum value there. A8 sirus should be chicken feet with those numbers. At my dps, i can kill him in last phase within 10 seconds(poison ramp up dmg btw, we dont deal instant dmg)
My Builds/Stream

Sorry for all the questions,

Isn't using frenzy + faster attacks a problem for Spellslinger cooldown sync?
Since a 20 gem gets 0.5 cdr shouldn't we also aim for a 0.5 attack speed?
So it stays in sync with spellslinger?
Last edited by pra-lima87 on Oct 15, 2020, 5:32:52 AM
"
pra-lima87 wrote:
Sorry for all the questions,

Isn't using frenzy + faster attacks a problem for Spellslinger cooldown sync?
Since a 20 gem gets 0.5 cdr shouldn't we also aim for a 0.5 attack speed?
So it stays in sync with spellslinger?

Its a little weird here, but without any cdr, your spellslinger should cool every 0.42 seconds

I wont go into the super detail to min max so u trigger it everytime off trigger, but in this situation, we want to trigger as much blade fall as possible, because casting blade blast at high frequency does not matter as much(we are capped on bladeblast damage based off the number of blades)
You also dont get a lot of time to stand on the spot to hold right click, so you just want an attack speed as fast as possible, just so you are more mobile between hits

Tldr, we dont want sync, because we have to consider poet pen's procc, we want it as much as possible since it gives us more blades within a smaller aoe(its linked to conc effect). Faster trigger rate of bladeblast does not matter since it centers around the blades on the floor
My Builds/Stream

Again man, thanks for the build I am having a lot of fun I wish I had more time to play so I was closer to more max and a lot less min.

Can you link at my gear and gems I am trying to decide on next purchase/2. I am not sure if I should get a 6 link or jewels or upgrade something else first.

I am working on belt upgrade now.

Thanks

IGN: Flickinboogers
Any other source of life gain stead of the rings? Maybe a leech?
Really limits are options regarding res and maxing life.

Also not so related did you ever consider a CI variation?
We get so close go the CI mode.
Last edited by pra-lima87 on Oct 15, 2020, 9:05:07 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info