[3.14]Poison Spellslinger Poet's Pen Blade Fall/Blast | Budget league start viable | Fast clear

Started completing my atlas and had the opportunity of doing some retarded corrupted maps with 8 mods.

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVt24Vbzejk&ab_channel=piterisonfire

This one is a T15 Summit map at A9 with "Dodge chance is unlucky", "+62% accuracy rating to monsters", "15% beyond", "monsters have 61% chance to avoid poison" bullshit, alongside sextants, watchstone modifiers and shitty atlas passives further boosting Beyond.

Apart from an unlucky death by a beyond boss because my PC started burning from inside, smooth sailing. Still got a few missing pieces to fit into the build before I go into Maven, but I feel like it's 200% doable.

Biggest piece to upgrade definitely is my PC, as after I bought the second Awakened Spell Cascade, I started having serious frame drops while playing with it. Really, really big visual clutter.

Also did a 4-way synthesis bosses deathless with a few mods. This build shines when you know what to expect from a fight, as you can stand your ground and fire away until the enemy is dead. If you don't know stuff, you'll be tip-toeing around to dodge stuff, not being able to fully blast enemies.

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ti600kk_I74&ab_channel=piterisonfire

"
LowBudget780 wrote:
Just wondering how it can handle juiced t16 Deliriums, like 80-100% on t16 A9s, any issues?

Build handles it just fine. Had a few T16's 100% delirious maps with irrelevant mods, hand-picked to inflate quantity and pack size (shit like crit/crit multi, no leech, curses, point blank, etc) . You'll die exclusively to one-shots (that's why I recommend stacking HP as much as you can).
"
surveillance wrote:
Wow. Great build. I killed Kitava and pretty much jumped into t11 maps.

I eventually want to build this up to farm juiced delirium maps with poison sextant abuse. Any advice on how I can eventually optimize this? Not sure what I could give up to use Golden Rule, or the best way to get poison immunity to farm said maps. Maw of Conquest, maybe?

The investment to do juiced maps are all the awakened gems, rares with close to max life rolls(because we want to hit like 5.5k life in case some random unlucky shit touches us), ideally exploding chest and cdr/tailwind boots

With those, juiced maps are actually decently easy, except that this is a poison build and damage actually takes some time to ramp up when mobs get to a point where they are really tanky

"
leafyr0kr wrote:
Started completing my atlas and had the opportunity of doing some retarded corrupted maps with 8 mods.

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVt24Vbzejk&ab_channel=piterisonfire

This one is a T15 Summit map at A9 with "Dodge chance is unlucky", "+62% accuracy rating to monsters", "15% beyond", "monsters have 61% chance to avoid poison" bullshit, alongside sextants, watchstone modifiers and shitty atlas passives further boosting Beyond.

Apart from an unlucky death by a beyond boss because my PC started burning from inside, smooth sailing. Still got a few missing pieces to fit into the build before I go into Maven, but I feel like it's 200% doable.

Biggest piece to upgrade definitely is my PC, as after I bought the second Awakened Spell Cascade, I started having serious frame drops while playing with it. Really, really big visual clutter.

Also did a 4-way synthesis bosses deathless with a few mods. This build shines when you know what to expect from a fight, as you can stand your ground and fire away until the enemy is dead. If you don't know stuff, you'll be tip-toeing around to dodge stuff, not being able to fully blast enemies.

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ti600kk_I74&ab_channel=piterisonfire

"
LowBudget780 wrote:
Just wondering how it can handle juiced t16 Deliriums, like 80-100% on t16 A9s, any issues?

Build handles it just fine. Had a few T16's 100% delirious maps with irrelevant mods, hand-picked to inflate quantity and pack size (shit like crit/crit multi, no leech, curses, point blank, etc) . You'll die exclusively to one-shots (that's why I recommend stacking HP as much as you can).

Good mtx, i cant stand the base mtx of blade blast with the popping sound after hearing it for the million time in a single map
My Builds/Stream

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2814713
Very thorough and comprehensive build.
I'm fucking enjoying it. I'm particularly interested in DoT builds, especially poison but none had satisfied me. I tried various builds, including Poison Scourge Arrow, Cobra Lash, Venom Gyre... Yet I got bored very quickly.
But this build, man, it fits me so well, I'm a lazy ass player so I prefer a build that doesn't require me to press multiple buttons simultaneously. Poison BF+BB only needs me to press Frenzy and Dash, plus some flasks if necessary.

Anyway, I have one question. You said cluster jewels are no compulsory for this build. But if you have to choose one, what would it be?
"
lucre280893 wrote:
I'm fucking enjoying it. I'm particularly interested in DoT builds, especially poison but none had satisfied me. I tried various builds, including Poison Scourge Arrow, Cobra Lash, Venom Gyre... Yet I got bored very quickly.
But this build, man, it fits me so well, I'm a lazy ass player so I prefer a build that doesn't require me to press multiple buttons simultaneously. Poison BF+BB only needs me to press Frenzy and Dash, plus some flasks if necessary.

Anyway, I have one question. You said cluster jewels are no compulsory for this build. But if you have to choose one, what would it be?

A lot of people uses 1 medium just for overwhelming malice node. Its up 100% of time and gives a nice dps boost.
Hey and thanks for this guide,
Went up to T16 with it but I die way too much on certain maps (I do a lot of misplay but still), dunno if it's due to my negative chaos res or the fact that i have no awakened gems.

Which awakened gems should be the first one to get ?
"
callthecops wrote:
Went up to T16 with it but I die way too much on certain maps (I do a lot of misplay but still), dunno if it's due to my negative chaos res or the fact that i have no awakened gems.

If i were you:
1) Wrong thread of hope, use one with a very large ring, with free points you can take constitution.
2) U can drop some nodes on tree, spent points on taking more life.
3) Make your chaos res at least positive, it helps a lot.
4) Change herald of agony for flesh and stone and run it with sand stance.
5) U can take Call to arms big node on tree and use enduring cry with it. Thats some endurance charges and regen every 6 seconds.
6) I find chest with crusader's explosions very helpfull, at least with mobs like porcupines that can make your map a real hell.
7) Additionally, dont think you need basalt flask, better take jade.
8) Maybe any jewel with corrupted blood cant be inflicted on you will help.
9) CWDT setup with steelskin or immortal cry.
10) Medium cluster with overwhelming malice and despair on hit on gloves or ring will be better than vulnerability as a first curse.

And 1 small question for everyone who can help with better understanding than i have:
Why vulnerability as a second curse is better? Why not a temporal chains? I thought that temporal chains=longer poisons=more damage or im missing something?
Last edited by jPinkmen on Jan 29, 2021, 4:54:28 AM
"
jPinkmen wrote:
"
callthecops wrote:

If i were you:
1) Wrong thread of hope, use one with a very large ring, with free points you can take constitution.
5) U can take Call to arms big node on tree and use enduring cry with it. Thats some endurance charges and regen every 6 seconds.
6) I find chest with crusader's explosions very helpfull, at least with mobs like porcupines that can make your map a real hell.
10) Medium cluster with overwhelming malice and despair on hit on gloves or ring will be better than vulnerability as a first curse.

And 1 small question for everyone who can help with better understanding than i have:
Why vulnerability as a second curse is better? Why not a temporal chains? I thought that temporal chains=longer poisons=more damage or im missing something?

Indeed there's a lot of rooms for improvement, thanks for taking the time to review my character, I appreciate a lot, I got back into the game after 2 years and i'm lost aha
Will try to change all that and yeah for the curse i'm trying to hit the despair on gloves but no chance so far ( corrupted 40+ yet ) so maybe taking it on ring as you advice will be better !
"
jPinkmen wrote:
"
lucre280893 wrote:

A lot of people uses 1 medium just for overwhelming malice node. Its up 100% of time and gives a nice dps boost.

Overwhelming malice is stronger now since they removed the phys as extra chaos from assassin's ascendancy.
Though i dont think clusters are really needed

"
jPinkmen wrote:
"
callthecops wrote:

If i were you:

Temporal chains are usually used to pad numbers for poison builds, but it does not give alot of frontload damage. With this build, poison duration last ridiculously long since we apply alot of poison constantly. Ideally, we dont want to have ramp up too long, but to deal as much frontload damage as possible. We not going to see our ridiculously long lasting poison expire after 4 seconds of attacking(unless boss spends 20 years to phase).

Vulnerability is also really strong because it makes damaging ailments deal damage faster.

Tldr; higher frontload damage, stuff dies faster, everything is safer
My Builds/Stream

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2814713
Last edited by Astarift on Jan 29, 2021, 12:42:11 PM
"
Astarift wrote:
Good mtx, i cant stand the base mtx of blade blast with the popping sound after hearing it for the million time in a single map

I actually switched to the base MTX afterwards, because I was having serious visibility issues with the MTX. It's pretty, but it's also distracting as hell (also had no problems with sounds, as I play with sound effects disabled :p)

#last update on build

Literally everything done with this build. Juiced delirious maps, all bosses, delving down to 350 depth, full clearing legions, snoozing while destroying blighted maps. Big thanks for Astarift for the build, it really shines.

Last upgrades were these two beauties:

I actually managed to break through 6k hp, and with better life rolls on the boots (absolutely doable with harvest) and hunter influence + aug life + decent luck on belt (to grab the #% increased maximum life), I'd could easily get to 6.2k HP. Resists were capped, but having low chaos res kinda made me stick with Atziri's Promise forever.

Maven kill video (not deathless, because the memory game is freaking retarded and you gotta pick a good position for the degen puddles):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElJqL9etDDY&ab_channel=piterisonfire

I was actually surprised that, for the most part, we can simply continue attacking and facetank her hits. You just gotta avoid the big things, like laser beams, huge flameballs being thrown at you, and the degen puddles.

100 to 0 in 12 seconds:

The damage of the build can get quite a bit higher than what I'm showing here. I missed 3 of the damage nodes on the tree (through the Thread of Hope) to get more survivability, so there's that.

To everyone thinking about trying this build: do it. I have 0 complaints about the entire experience.
Last edited by leafyr0kr on Jan 29, 2021, 5:11:12 PM
How the tailwind works with the build, is it worth it?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info