Today's Hotfix for Heist

great stuff, now maybe remove the alert on killing mobr roll on trinkets? i do have to reroll all mine that i spent 200+c but whatevs, but il wait and se if you wil keep this stat or no beofore i reroll em :-)
"
We killed this. It's not a thing anymore.

That might be a bit much. We just expected it toned down a good bit lol. it WAS totally unreasonable before, and def needed to be tuned.
Last edited by Rakie1337 on Sep 23, 2020, 1:51:03 AM
Why Why Why have you removed all risk from Heist? Is this the gottagofast crowd ruining everything again?
"
urza1234 wrote:
Why Why Why have you removed all risk from Heist? Is this the gottagofast crowd ruining everything again?

Because reddit can't handle any risk to their zooming. The more casual the game become when the D3 crowd moved to PoE. This is the result.
"
Iznuts wrote:
"
Nimaknowsbest wrote:
Please reverse the alert level change, this will kill all the theory crafting for the mechanic. First of all we are crafting gear for our heist members, this is trivialising the game so the crafting on gear is diminished. Please this game shouldn't be catering to instant gratification gambling addicts. This is not a mobile game. You are trivialising the whole heist for people looking for cost/reward theory crafting. GGG, run this one through the design team again, this is absolutely an oversight. No game designer would allow game mechanics to be trivialised in this way on a "hotfix".

oh please stop, theory crafting was done and finished. the optimal was not attacking anything[which basically means block builds will be the meta] while creating a train of mobs and running around in a circle while waiting for the rogue to open a door. completely trivializing any attempt at a mechanic anyways. the game is not and never will be a stealth game. the base core of the game is the complete 100% opposite of dont kill the mobs.

Definitely on-sight would be better than on-kill. You're also completely right this game is not about refusing to kill things.

However, its nice to see mechanics that arent entirely about clear speed, which we seem to have failed to avoid yet again.

Imo start with putting the alert value on-sight, and maybe scale it up for patrols and scale it down for static mobs.

It could also be cool to have the lockdown waves scale to your final alert level, rather than having a simple bar to fill up.

What we definitely do NOT need out of Heist is just the Atlas with extra steps.
Last edited by urza1234 on Sep 23, 2020, 4:02:36 AM
"
Bex_GGG wrote:
Killing Monsters Increasing Your Alert Level
We killed this. It's not a thing anymore.

Path of Exile: Vaults of Atziri

Reddit wins again!
"Path of Exile's engine is currently modern, lean and fast." - Chris Wilson, September 19th, 2019

"It looks like we broke something with 3.10.0. We don't know what it is yet." - Bex, March 16th, 2020
Last edited by girng on Sep 23, 2020, 8:38:49 AM
"
urza1234 wrote:
"
Iznuts wrote:
"
Nimaknowsbest wrote:
Please reverse the alert level change, this will kill all the theory crafting for the mechanic. First of all we are crafting gear for our heist members, this is trivialising the game so the crafting on gear is diminished. Please this game shouldn't be catering to instant gratification gambling addicts. This is not a mobile game. You are trivialising the whole heist for people looking for cost/reward theory crafting. GGG, run this one through the design team again, this is absolutely an oversight. No game designer would allow game mechanics to be trivialised in this way on a "hotfix".

oh please stop, theory crafting was done and finished. the optimal was not attacking anything[which basically means block builds will be the meta] while creating a train of mobs and running around in a circle while waiting for the rogue to open a door. completely trivializing any attempt at a mechanic anyways. the game is not and never will be a stealth game. the base core of the game is the complete 100% opposite of dont kill the mobs.

Definitely on-sight would be better than on-kill. You're also completely right this game is not about refusing to kill things.

However, its nice to see mechanics that arent entirely about clear speed, which we seem to have failed to avoid yet again.

Imo start with putting the alert value on-sight, and maybe scale it up for patrols and scale it down for static mobs.

It could also be cool to have the lockdown waves scale to your final alert level, rather than having a simple bar to fill up.

What we definitely do NOT need out of Heist is just the Atlas with extra steps.

Yeah and summoners should just re-roll because f* them
Heists are boring now without the alert mechanic tied to killing guards. If you also tone down the drops from chests because of this change as well it’s going to be even more meaningless to play them.

My suggestion:
Leave the alert meter tied to chests only, and add “breakpoints” to the alert meter. If you gain enough alert throughout the first phase of the heist to pass a “breakpoint” there are changes to the escape. Easiest way to implement this is for each breakpoint passed, a boss is present during the escape, and if you can fill the alert meter A main boss is present / blocks your escape until killed.

This brings back the risk / reward system of opening a bunch of stuff, which angers the mobs, and causes a retaliation in the form of bosses to make your escape harder.

You already have special guards that could act as the bosses. You could also tie certain drops to the bosses only as another reward for increasing the alert level.

This would be a smooth way to increase the difficulty curve and telegraph to the players the “breakpoints” on their risk / reward.

I enjoy heist and the system, I just think by making alert tied to chests only you have practically removed danger of raising alert, which was a good mechanic to begin with.
If only the changes to enemy NPCs not using all skills at once happened before I found a Tabula Rasa... Then died to two rares and a handful of mobs all sword slashing me after a door opened...
still getting blasted at once in the face at doors while escaping, without any chance, glad im playing sc...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info