Today's Hotfix for Heist

People like easy.It is not easy now.Thank you GGG for making it easy for them.

Hope you do not tone down the chest rewards, because that would be the logical way to balance the mechanic.No matter what you do, crybabies are forever.

Have a good day!

Removing alerts for killing guards? Really? Sadge
Killing Monsters Increasing Your Alert Level
We killed this. It's not a thing anymore.

still waiting...
"
Andrei8306 wrote:
People like easy.It is not easy now.Thank you GGG for making it easy for them.

Hope you do not tone down the chest rewards, because that would be the logical way to balance the mechanic.No matter what you do, crybabies are forever.

Have a good day!

Its broken. Not easy.

Firstly AI: I cant tell you how many times now I've sat and waited for a rogue to open a door. Both breaking in and out of the Heist. Do you know how annoying it is to kill guards for literally 10 minutes while trying to reset your Rogue into whatever position they feel like they can complete a task in?

Or how about when there are no mobs around and then your rogue decides that right when you command it to open a door it runs to a mob nearly off screen to attack and pulls a group?

Secondly, Evasion builds need room to move. yaknow those porcupine guys who explode into a nova of deathly goodness? Or tittybitches in act 3? Those mobs destroy Evasion builds. Utterly wreck them. We work around that by using movement skills. Having 45 of that style mob waiting on the other side of a door with a tiny hole to move through makes it extremely difficult to move out of the way, especially when the room you're opening from is tiny as hell.

Its easy if you have 600 minions, or in your case you're strictly a melee HP stacked build.

Thirdly, the meta currently is to not kill anything and just run around since its so damn broken. killing one pack is worth 2 chests. So why kill them? Movement skill all the way through.

Its not like the mobs have too much HP. I can DPS them down ezpz on the escape. Whats impossible is moving away from their attacks.

Lastly, Grand Heists... I've now lost 35,000 marks because of how broken grand heists are. I've had some where I enter and there are no wings to enter. Ive had one where the portal to get to the heist is in the way of the entrance which made me click the portal... closing the heist without even touching a thing. And I had one grand heist where i went to use the designated safe escape and it put me in town instead of the prep area. Lastly I had a grand heist where I was able to loot the things i wanted and the moment I left my game crashed dropping all of the loot i worked for AND closing the heist. - I also had this happen on a rogue quest.

I am disappointed in GGG. This is an amazing mechanic. I love heist's idea. Its is horribly executed. -- I mean-- look at how bad getting to the stash was in Rogue Harbour. That was a massive oversight that should have been spotted before release. How could None of these glitches have been found in testing? Was there even testing? Or if they did are the testers scared to mention things that may seem like an "inconvenience" on a small scale? A tester should easily be able to notice things that will become larger issues.

I've been a player since Closed Beta. I trust GGG to make it a better experience. I'm looking forward to balance changes.

Losing an exalted orb due to a glitch is a major motivation killer. But you're still stuck in the low 70s, so I dont expect you to see how broken this is until you actually start hitting them hard.
Last edited by juicyxxfart on Sep 22, 2020, 6:55:10 PM
So many crashes while exiting the heist.
You should work on making the league playable first and then on the mechanics.

Edit: Aaaand the final door at the grand heist was bugged and wouldn't open.
What a waste of time and coins,only to be looking at the alternate wuality gems from outside.
Great job testing,as always.
Last edited by PsOfOs on Sep 22, 2020, 8:50:15 PM
what did i even make an near unkillable char for now ^^
kiting a train of mobs screaming intruder on your max block gladiator so you skip mechanics which were obviously bad is the *big brain* move, while killing said mobs is the *braindead* option.

Its like running down a busy street with a train of cop cars with sirens blaring and lights flashing on your ass is the *silent* stealthy *big brain* move. leaving the witnesses dead in a side room and then procceding down the same street with zero cops chasing and causing no scene is the *braindead* way to do this...

kiting mobs screaming intruder should have maxed out your alert 10 times faster then killing them.
FIRST WEEK OF BETA TESTING LEAGUE IS OVER

GG GGG
"Killing Monsters Increasing Your Alert Level
We killed this. It's not a thing anymore."

Why?? Now it's harvest league all over again... It's like giving free loot for everyone. Please keep the guard alert on...
Choke Points in Heists
We are reducing the number of rare guards that can gather in formation behind Heist doors. This change should be out today. We're also planning to make it so that some monsters will release their skills in a staggered way so that you are not being hit by many skills simultaneously. Fewer monsters in these choke points will have their abilities ready to go as soon as the door opens. This should make these encounters more manageable and less about being blasted in the face with damage.

Calling TOTAL BS on this. Not only did they not reduce it, they increased it. It's a total cluster F***. Not only that but they just keep streaming in from all sides until the screen is full of them. They still hit harder and soak way to much damage.
Last edited by Nightmare123 on Sep 22, 2020, 8:45:15 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info