[3.13] Contagious Burning Discharge - Chieftain/Jugg | Budget to wild - League start friendly

"
bodhe wrote:
Yeah that shield is great. Just dinged 80 and haven't seen a fire camp yet. Delve is so random. Haven't had any issue with charges though. The 5% EC on kill node, plus the sword/shield and valako all together keep it pretty smooth. Still rocking a 4L so the tanky delve only rares can be annoying if they have regen. The 30% spell block on the starter shield makes it hard to pass on.

I just dove strait down to about mlvl 60, was a bit under leveled at that point, went sideways until I caught up then back down. Took a detour around 70 again to catch up. Now I'm 80 and at mlvl 78. Haven't really bothered with many walls unless I ran in to them by accident.

Ive done the same. This was my first time to play discharge, and it has been pretty fun. I managed to get lvl89 and depth 200 on just a 4-link and dual wield. Im looking forward to how this scales up when I start adding more defenses.
About to start endless delve with this, what have you guys done to level with prior to using discharge? At what point did you swap over?
"
dperls wrote:
About to start endless delve with this, what have you guys done to level with prior to using discharge? At what point did you swap over?

Melee, I used cleave a bit, then earth shatter. First 28 levels go by pretty fast in delve so you aren't on it for long. Ran on it on a 3L for a few levels before getting the right colors on a 4l.

Discharge - Combustion - Ele prolif(ignite prolif at lvl 38) - then add in burning damage on a 4L
yo been using the build for endless delve
could make it together around level 70 or so but leveling it is a pain
after that things become very smooth

i believe that the sword is only better against the bosses, the ignite duration makes less stresfull
Where are you getting Elemental Equilibrium. You haven't got the passive in the tree for the chieftain version
Wouldn't mind your thoughts on Blackflame in the new patch. Very interesting ring.

Imp: chaos res

8% to fire damage over time multiplier
50% reduced ignite duration on enemies
14% chance to ignite
Enemies ignited by you take chaos damage instead of fire damage from ignite
Withered does not expire on enemies ignited by you
23% fire/Chaos Res
Last edited by 666gene666 on Jan 7, 2021, 11:24:30 PM
"
666gene666 wrote:
Wouldn't mind your thoughts on Blackflame in the new patch. Very interesting ring.

14% chance to ignite
23% fire/Chaos Res

I seen that as well, without knowing other changes it's hard to speculate at this point. But mara is far away from most chaos/generic Dot nodes. Witch/assassin could put something together for it. It would be built similar to the old consuming dark fire>chaos flameblast builds. Also, it takes an endurance charge away.

I could see an elementalist version being very strong this league, with Heart of Destruction for 30% more boss dps, 60% AoE otherwise, and shaper of flames for 100% ignite, 25% more damage. Chieftain will need some buffs to compete in damage. With Heist going core we should have easy access to rep ambu's for easy charge gen so chieftain loses some utility benefit in the endgame.

3.13 will be interesting. I think for the league content this build will do really well, the ignite prolif should help the waves of mobs at the altars just melt on spawn. I see it going similarly to delve nodes, where we just stand and discharge and watch everything melt as it spawns around us.

I do fear for the expansion portion, this build struggles with instant deletion of endgame bosses. With 10x map bosses at once it could be a tough go. Hoping we see a buff on the skill or ascendency to get either some extra unique mob damage or faster burn damage. Otherwise I think it will be a map/league content build and a separate "boss killer" build would be used for the 10x spawns. While doable they will be slow and we lose the main perk of being able to stand out of the way while things burn. It's a small arena with 10 bosses, area denial will be intense and I think DPS will be the best defense in that case.

Regardless, unless one of the new skills is just too fun to pass up, I plan on league starting with this and will update the guide when we have more information. If Chieftain does not get any buffs to make it comparable with elementalist I could see switching/starting that route as well. 100% ignite at normal lab would make gearing and pathing much more flexible for the early game. Next two labs are pure damage/AoE, final lab probably Bastion of elements for reflect immunity and a decent shield.

"
bodhe wrote:
"
666gene666 wrote:

14% chance to ignite
23% fire/Chaos Res

I seen that as well, without knowing other changes it's hard to speculate at this point. But mara is far away from most chaos/generic Dot nodes. Witch/assassin could put something together for it. It would be built similar to the old consuming dark fire>chaos flameblast builds. Also, it takes an endurance charge away.

I could see an elementalist version being very strong this league, with Heart of Destruction for 30% more boss dps, 60% AoE otherwise, and shaper of flames for 100% ignite, 25% more damage. Chieftain will need some buffs to compete in damage. With Heist going core we should have easy access to rep ambu's for easy charge gen so chieftain loses some utility benefit in the endgame.

3.13 will be interesting. I think for the league content this build will do really well, the ignite prolif should help the waves of mobs at the altars just melt on spawn. I see it going similarly to delve nodes, where we just stand and discharge and watch everything melt as it spawns around us.

I do fear for the expansion portion, this build struggles with instant deletion of endgame bosses. With 10x map bosses at once it could be a tough go. Hoping we see a buff on the skill or ascendency to get either some extra unique mob damage or faster burn damage. Otherwise I think it will be a map/league content build and a separate "boss killer" build would be used for the 10x spawns. While doable they will be slow and we lose the main perk of being able to stand out of the way while things burn. It's a small arena with 10 bosses, area denial will be intense and I think DPS will be the best defense in that case.

Regardless, unless one of the new skills is just too fun to pass up, I plan on league starting with this and will update the guide when we have more information. If Chieftain does not get any buffs to make it comparable with elementalist I could see switching/starting that route as well. 100% ignite at normal lab would make gearing and pathing much more flexible for the early game. Next two labs are pure damage/AoE, final lab probably Bastion of elements for reflect immunity and a decent shield.

From what im reading. It's still doing Fire Damage, it's just checking the Chaos defense modifiers instead. Meaning fire resistance is completely irrelevant for scaling Blackflame ignites. No need for flammability curse and and Wave of Conviction. Feel free to look at this recent post on reddit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/kst7si/a_request_for_info_on_blackflame/

look forward to working on some theory crafting! again i really like this build and want to try make it work as best at killing bosses aswell :D
"
666gene666 wrote:

From what im reading. It's still doing Fire Damage, it's just checking the Chaos defense modifiers instead. Meaning fire resistance is completely irrelevant for scaling Blackflame ignites. No need for flammability curse and and Wave of Conviction. Feel free to look at this recent post on reddit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/kst7si/a_request_for_info_on_blackflame/

look forward to working on some theory crafting! again i really like this build and want to try make it work as best at killing bosses aswell :D

That interesting, I assumed it was a conversion. If that is the case it could work, being able to stack perm wither stacks on bosses would help the boss DPS. Would have to work out the sockets. We could run a witchfire brew for curse, drop curse, drop WoC. Drop cwdt firestorm, with 10 bosses on screen we wont need it for full charge regen with ambu's and EoI

Orb of Storms (20) - crit strikes (20) - cwdt (1) - molten/steelskin

cast speed gloves - wither - spell totem - multi totem - duration?

Final socket on wither totem is interesting, duration is standard but useless with perm stacks. Pre cast speed gloves faster casting could go there, we also really wont need withering active after the first ~5-6 seconds, could pop in a despair, and once at full stacks switch to curse totem to either replace witchfire brew or just help with cursing between flask charges.

Can swap flamedash to withering step as well.

"
bodhe wrote:
"
666gene666 wrote:

That interesting, I assumed it was a conversion. If that is the case it could work, being able to stack perm wither stacks on bosses would help the boss DPS. Would have to work out the sockets. We could run a witchfire brew for curse, drop curse, drop WoC. Drop cwdt firestorm, with 10 bosses on screen we wont need it for full charge regen with ambu's and EoI

Orb of Storms (20) - crit strikes (20) - cwdt (1) - molten/steelskin

cast speed gloves - wither - spell totem - multi totem - duration?

Final socket on wither totem is interesting, duration is standard but useless with perm stacks. Pre cast speed gloves faster casting could go there, we also really wont need withering active after the first ~5-6 seconds, could pop in a despair, and once at full stacks switch to curse totem to either replace witchfire brew or just help with cursing between flask charges.

Can swap flamedash to withering step as well.

Didn't even think of witchfire brew. I was trying to work in wither - spell totem as a 2 link in the 6 socket chest since no need for duration as stacks dont expire. along with withering step for 6 stacks of wither when entering screen, CWDT with MS, and bloodrage. Arcane Capacitor node for arcane surge cast speed.

using witchfire brew is HUGE i love that idea. Frees up 3 sockets for me.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info