[3.13] Contagious Burning Discharge - Chieftain/Jugg | Budget to wild - League start friendly

I'm really enjoying this build. I tried out TrollErgoSum's walking simulator build and stashed the equip away as soon as I saw a video of my current build xD.

The walking simulator build is pretty much a punching bag and really laggy. But it's still a fun build that can clear T16 easy. https://youtu.be/B14rJW-GqoY

What I like about my current build, is how I just one shot mobs. Boss damage isn't as really high and I use CWDT on my chest, for extra damage on boss, after finding out that, it's better to wait for the charges/discharge while you're mobile and automatically casting with CWDT (in boss fights).

POB Community: https://pastebin.com/y3A1V6Nh
Last edited by Apical_DPS on Dec 8, 2020, 5:29:54 AM
"
raxitron wrote:
Hi Bodhe thanks for the great guide. I'd like to try this build for the SSF Endless Delve week.

It looks like we can get by with mostly rares with this build which I really like. Also the shield listed here:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2998539

will be a starter gear and sounds perfect for early game Chieftain.

Question: Which of the starter weapons do you think is best for this build? Blood of Summer seems like the better choice but you already generate Frenzy charges through Blood Rage so would Fragment of Eternity be more DPS?

I think I'm going to give it a go on endless delve as well. Both will be ok for the build. Since we wont have realmshaper/ender to convert the frenzy damage to fire we will miss some burning damage unless we run cold to fire support.

Ashes of the sun will be good starting out for the chance to ignite. The ignite duration wont be super useful because mobs outside of the darkness do not take damage, so we cant discharge and run and expect them all to die behind us.

Will have to run a max block version to make the shield our charge generator. Since there are no major bosses for the majority of delve we should be ok dropping some damage to obtain max block.

My current plan is to start with dual Ashes of sun for 60% chance to ignite, 50% burn damage and probably run fireball. With its built in chance to ignite we will be at 80% with nothing on the tree. 90% at gem level 11. Once I'm able to get some block chance and chance to ignite on the tree I'll drop fireball for discharge and use the shield. If I haven't crafted/found a better weapon by then I will probably switch to Blood of Summer and run AoF and cold to fire.

Delve was so fun when it came out I'm stoked to play the race.
Delve PoB - https://pastebin.com/YN38kkGV - GB max block

Above is the Delve PoB for the 1 week race, all gear is basic 2/3 mod gear which should be able to be found easy enough, or alt/chaos spammed if you have to. I included a Pyre ring, which is common enough with the amount of jewelry fractured walls spam that it shouldn't be to hard to obtain. Not needed for anything by the corpse deletion in higher delves.

Still using starter weapons we can reach 1M dps ignites and max block/spell block

Once you get 100% ignite chance, and a pyre, drop mace for sword. The ignite duration isn't that beneficial and the AoE/MS and +1 frenzy charge will be nice. Until max block is obtainable I will probably run dual sword or dual mace and generate charges solely from enduring cry.

Since we do not need to worry about boss DPS, we can even drop some fire/dps nodes for more life or passive resist if needed to stay tanky. 1M dps for trash mobs is overkill until you get really really deep in the delve. At that point we don't have CI so the build will be fishing delves anyway.

Our massive regen will help with darkness, focus on darkness res, flairs, and dynamite. Keep cart light radius close to your AoE radius so it isn't wasted. Ignore sulphite capacity obviously. My plan is to get to ilvl 83 mobs asap, then go sideways while perfecting gear and bolstering darkness res, then once max chaos res going for a dive again.
"
bodhe wrote:
Delve PoB - https://pastebin.com/YN38kkGV - GB max block

Awesome follow up. I will probably only have the weekend to play due to work schedule so this will really help me to not waste time on skill tree and POB. Thanks!

Looking at the tree I think the only clear substitution is to take out Cruel Preparation (6 points back). You can get more life from the Constitution circle and more resist left of Warriors Blood. But that takes away the option of going to Breath of Flames.
Last edited by raxitron on Dec 8, 2020, 2:48:31 PM
"
bodhe wrote:

Once you get 100% ignite chance, and a pyre, drop mace for sword. The ignite duration isn't that beneficial and the AoE/MS and +1 frenzy charge will be nice. Until max block is obtainable I will probably run dual sword or dual mace and generate charges solely from enduring cry.

I dont get it what we do with frenzy charges ? whats important about them ?

Just because %4 more damage per charge ?
can u explain how u planing to get charges aswell ?
Last edited by lossforce on Dec 8, 2020, 7:44:46 PM
One more thing actualy can we make a rig fire build + disscharge ?
"
lossforce wrote:

I dont get it what we do with frenzy charges ? whats important about them ?

Just because %4 more damage per charge ?
can u explain how u planing to get charges aswell ?

The starter sword gives MS per frenzy and frenzy charge on kill. With AoF and a pyre ring we convert 90% cold to fire so its still a dps gain and helps with charge generation on top of blood rage.

Dual wielding the swords to start will give 66% chance for frenzy on kill, +2 max charges and 40% AoE. Plus 10% MS at 5 charges.

The only benefit on the maces is the chance to ignite in the early game and a bit of burn damage.
You think Jugg is a good choice for Delve as well with unflinching for ez charge generation and how would you build the skill tree different as a Jugg?
So far the build feels very good to delve through with, even without Pyre. Is fractured wall spamming in the dark at 11-21 the best way to go? Also one thing you should mention is to target all the Redblade "fire" camps. First one I got dropped the Redblade Banner. Its CDR and infinite power makes endu generation feel so much better.
Last edited by Sennacherib on Dec 11, 2020, 10:20:25 PM
"
Sennacherib wrote:
So far the build feels very good to delve through with, even without Pyre. Is fractured wall spamming in the dark at 11-21 the best way to go? Also one thing you should mention is to target all the Redblade "fire" camps. First one I got dropped the Redblade Banner. Its CDR and infinite power makes endu generation feel so much better.

Yeah that shield is great. Just dinged 80 and haven't seen a fire camp yet. Delve is so random. Haven't had any issue with charges though. The 5% EC on kill node, plus the sword/shield and valako all together keep it pretty smooth. Still rocking a 4L so the tanky delve only rares can be annoying if they have regen. The 30% spell block on the starter shield makes it hard to pass on.

I just dove strait down to about mlvl 60, was a bit under leveled at that point, went sideways until I caught up then back down. Took a detour around 70 again to catch up. Now I'm 80 and at mlvl 78. Haven't really bothered with many walls unless I ran in to them by accident.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info