[3.13] Contagious Burning Discharge - Chieftain/Jugg | Budget to wild - League start friendly

"
Ballistic213 wrote:
EE is usually great with ignite. More dmg when you need it, doesnt make a diff on normal mobs.

anyone thinking of trying this:

[img]https://i.imgur.com/H5XiUEI.png
My thoughts that this ring is pretty useless, because ur ignite duration becomes less then 2 sec, so overall u cant uptime ur ignite 100% on bosses (cas we normally talk about sirus and uber elder as a prime dps check). - So less duration - less damage cas bosses are not dummies. In my thoughts optimal ignite time should be between 4 and 5 sec. - So u can try various combinations between items and duration stats on ignite, but keep in mind - you should max ur ignite duration on high bosses for free time to dodge their abilities without dps loss.
Last edited by Askandor on Oct 2, 2020, 5:04:46 PM
"
Askandor wrote:
"
Ballistic213 wrote:
EE is usually great with ignite. More dmg when you need it, doesnt make a diff on normal mobs.

anyone thinking of trying this:

[img]https://i.imgur.com/H5XiUEI.png
My thoughts that this ring is pretty useless, because ur ignite duration becomes less then 2 sec, so overall u cant uptime ur ignite 100% on bosses (cas we normally talk about sirus and uber elder as a prime dps check). - So less duration - less damage cas bosses are not dummies. In my thoughts optimal ignite time should be between 4 and 5 sec. - So u can try various combinations between items and duration stats on ignite, but keep in mind - you should max ur ignite duration on high bosses for free time to dodge their abilities without dps loss.
the OP talked about it and recommended it earlier. You can get the ignite time to about 2.16s with turbulent catalysts and a max % faster on the ring. Personally I love it, I hardly if ever run below max endurance charges even after using discharge. So the 2s on discharge to re apply the ignite is pretty easy and nice on bossing imo. Only bosses that I might consider not running it are ones that you have run around during crazy "Contra" like situation; even then with discharges massive AOE it's pretty easy to constantly reapply it wherever your positioning is. Just my 2c
I'm feeling a little squishy here when i discharge with endurance charges down. Any suggestions on this? Basically if there is no endurance charge I have only elemental defense and that is only going so far.

Thanks for any help.
After some playing around, there are some good ways to increase duration.

2x cluster jewels with circling oblivion 25% dot dmg 25% dot duration = 50%

Alt quality Burning dmg = 20% duration

Alt Deadly ailments = 20% duration

Unbound ailments = 10%

Blowback on both jewels = 30% quicker.

Ignite duration on PoB = 4.24s.

Seems reasonable. adds about 400k dps for me vs just going two Koams ways with blowback and burning bright.
Last edited by Ballistic213 on Oct 2, 2020, 10:31:45 PM
"
Ballistic213 wrote:
After some playing around, there are some good ways to increase duration.

2x cluster jewels with circling oblivion 25% dot dmg 25% dot duration = 50%

Alt quality Burning dmg = 20% duration

Alt Deadly ailments = 20% duration

Unbound ailments = 10%

Blowback on both jewels = 30% quicker.

Ignite duration on PoB = 4.24s.

Seems reasonable. adds about 400k dps for me vs just going two Koams ways with blowback and burning bright.

So you are suggesting to wear which rings instead of the 2 Kaom's Ways?
Anyone else find that their PoB DPS went way down with the latest fork update? I lost ~1 million ignite DPS and I don't understand what changed. Was there a bug or miscalculation before?
Last edited by sk_rypta on Oct 3, 2020, 2:06:57 PM
"
sk_rypta wrote:
Anyone else find that their PoB DPS went way down with the latest fork update? I lost ~1 million ignite DPS and I don't understand what changed. Was there a bug or miscalculation before?

Probably something wrong with ur pob configuration settings?
Check For effective dps column and make sure that Ignore skill hit damage and Enemy was hit with light or cold damage (if u use EE) checkboxes is turned on.
May be u just need to reimport ur build.
"
Askandor wrote:
"
sk_rypta wrote:

Check For effective dps column and make sure that Ignore skill hit damage and Enemy was hit with light or cold damage (if u use EE) checkboxes is turned on.

I don't use EE. The update changed none of my config settings. I tried reimporting and the numbers are the same as they were right after I updated.
"
sk_rypta wrote:
"
Askandor wrote:
"
sk_rypta wrote:

I don't use EE. The update changed none of my config settings. I tried reimporting and the numbers are the same as they were right after I updated.

can you post ur pob?
Retracted statement.
Last edited by PonyGoddess on Oct 3, 2020, 4:47:00 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info