Path of Exile: Heist Balance Manifesto

"

It is barely half a step away from those mobile slot machine games.

Amen. Can't argue with that.
TLDR

Hi Mathil.
Last edited by DemiSandal on Sep 14, 2020, 7:34:29 PM
now that was quite a read!
“What kind of f*cking neighborhood is this!?”
“People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.”
Great manifesto!
This will help balance the game, now to return to theorycrafting until the full notes arrives.

Thank you again for such a great game, finaly a game with a proper challenge!
Great talk overall here guys, a lot of constructive criticism and zero crybabies.

Sometimes i wonder how in spite of the great community we actually have and even better communication from GGG, the comments here and in reddit are as useless and inmature as always.

We should be thankful that GGG has the patience they have with all this toxic people.
Came back after 8 months of break and had huge fun with VD spellslinger necro. I started playing the league 3.5 weeks before it ended, but still managed to craft a ton of op items. Thanks for the fun GGG. I understand the nerfs, this build is crazy. While fighting Sirus sometimes i didn't see the exit during meteor maze phase (vd spam much lol)and survived the boop. :) Got freakin' conjuctivitis during the last week, maybe i should have gotten myself a welding helmet... :)
Last edited by JohnMcclane911 on Sep 14, 2020, 7:25:11 PM
"
I am not sure why you bother keeping any minion based assets in the game considering what kind of zealous focus you have in ensuring they are not a viable option for play. What other play style has its components nerfed almost every league and has items straight up removed from the game sometimes.

If this is an issue that stems from the horrid bot problem you have why not actively handle that instead of killing the play style. Or you know the more obvious reason being some streamer showcasing a multi-mirror minion build that no one except him and potentially people in the single digits will ever be able to replicate.

Can you stop overreacting to your content creators? Do you know the rest of the people never have access to the resources to make the builds they showcase and that the changes you are making will hit them the hardest?

you sir, deserve a medal. Alot of new players will have a awful time playing the game right now, and people with less time to play during the day because of class/work, will not have as much fun as before.
"
Quintessence wrote:
Minion builds on suicide watch... Custer jewels will hurt a lot.

Did you play the game before cluster jewels were added? They have only been around for 2 leagues. Minion builds were destroying the game before them, they'll still be just fine with minor nerfs to passives that are completely optional and you don't have to build around. Stop over reacting, this mentality that the builds are dead because of minor nerfs is flat out wrong and the negativity is harmful to the community.

Minion builds will still dumpster the game, they'll still be powerful, they'll still require minimal effort to clear most content. If you like playing them you'll be perfectly fine, you just might have to invest in defensives a little more, maybe, but you already have a shit ton of minions soaking damage for you that other players don't have.
"
Bruzur wrote:
Despite being relatively "new" to this game, these upcoming patch notes don't inspire much hope for a future that doesn't involve "nerfing" overall build synergy.

Na it is all good in the end. It is just a cycle of life and death. The manifestos are always a huge nerf hammer all around, but given that it i always posted before we get a real understanding of the new power it always looks bad.

I mean for example look at all the "nerfs" to necro. You would think it is a big deal, but it isnt. Like a) we dont even know if a new spectre from heist mobs wont be the new shit anyways and you can go very far down the "tierlist" for spectres and just shit on the game. The nerfs to cluster jewels for mions only affect the highest tier when you actually start to crit scale with minions and honestl that whole endevour is rather pointles if we are honest. Like going over 100mio dps with minions aint doint you many benefits compared to 20 mio because the defenses of those builds were always mediocre at best.

There are some things to be a bit...questionmark on (the cd on enduring cry when they want to reintroduce discharge as a selfcast build) seems very odly times and even if it would be a problem, nerfing it after 1 league is rather silly, even tho not the end of the world.

Not finally nerfing the way overtuned recovery on block mods and nerfing glancing blows seems just odd aswell. CB was just a nice defensive tool that was far from making u unkillable, but Gladiator with recovery shield still is allowed to ignore 99% of the content...aint looking like we are done nerfing block things when we dont kill the biggest offender. You could literally fix Glancing blow by slightly changing its position, because the acces to it via Thread of hope was rather silly and allowed it to be taken with not the approiate amount of points spend from builds thata re mostly on the topside of the tree. There were clearly smarter options to adress this whole thing.

Like nerfing 5% crit multi on 2 assin small nodes really wont change the big pocture^^
less nerfs than i expected, not bad

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info