Any MMA fans?

Coming back @ Hate's reply:

Even though MMA is based around competition the technieks used are easely translated to a life or dead situation.

For example: BJJ & MMA include a lot of chokes. We as practicionars learn to let go right before, or in the worst case, right after they pass out. Hold the choke for another 30 seconds and your opponent is dead.

I work as a bouncer and I'v found that many of the technieks I'v learned from diffrent MA's trueout the years are easely translated to real life situations. But the technieks that stick with me the most are the technieks I'v used in full contact sparring/competition. Any techniek learned without having practiced it under pressure will most likely not be as effective once you need to use in in real life.

"
Just because you train for sport doesn't make any of the techniques less effective on the streets or a war zone's hand to hand combat. Guess I should say shouldn't since there are a lot of people out there training in some really badly made up stuff.

This is exactly what I'm saying.
Life is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's troublesome.

Hardcore to the bone.
Last edited by Hellskin on Apr 25, 2012, 7:25:41 PM
"
NotSorry wrote:
do 5 finger death punches and hit people across the room with flying balls of chi, while hating on every other MA out there, much like religion.

I am not joking when I say that I met someone who literally claimed to have experienced the flying ball of chi thrown from a monk...

He was dead serious, and I was forced to interact with this individual... He literally believed that it was possible for this person to punch you, from a distance, and knock you cold.

I... just can't help but dismiss a person for believing such a thing.

Also Martial Art literally translates to methods of combat... any method of combat, in any situation. Martial Art refers to the 'art' or technique used or employed. Anything beyond that is a personal connotation.
If you have account problems please [url="http://www.pathofexile.com/support"]Email Support[/url]
"
zeto wrote:

I am not joking when I say that I met someone who literally claimed to have experienced the flying ball of chi thrown from a monk...

He was dead serious, and I was forced to interact with this individual... He literally believed that it was possible for this person to punch you, from a distance, and knock you cold.

Also Martial Art literally translates to methods of combat... any method of combat, in any situation. Martial Art refers to the 'art' or technique used or employed. Anything beyond that is a personal connotation.

LMFAO! Wow! That is just hilarious. Here's my thought Monk went through actions as if to throw said ball of force. As said ball of force flew towards stupid guy, someone B*TCH slapped him back to his moms womb. Yep, only rational explanation.
I love MMA and watching since childhood when there was WWF spreads impact on kids but I am big fan of martial arts and boxing like Bruce lee and rocky. Mike Tyson is my male favorite and gina carano is female favorite professional boxer. Do you think now a day’s fighting association is creating the same impact which was earlier.
-------------------
Professional Fighters
"
zeto wrote:
"
NotSorry wrote:
do 5 finger death punches and hit people across the room with flying balls of chi, while hating on every other MA out there, much like religion.

I'v seen a couple of documantaries about and some of the chi punching without actualy touching a person can work like a hypnose/suggestive thinking.

I'm not saying its nuts to believe in flying balls of chi (because I think it is) but there might be more to the experiance than just being nuts. Being open for suggestive thinking (not sure if this is the correct english translation)

"
zeto wrote:

Thanks, this is what I'v been trying to say.
Life is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's troublesome.

Hardcore to the bone.
"
Oasisbhrnw wrote:
I wanted Jones to lose the other night so bad. He's just so cocky (not that Rashad isn't). Unfortunately he appears to be invincible.

I'm hoping he moves up to HW, and we get treated to a Jonesface.
King of Off Topic
I want George St. Pierre to fight Jon Jones so bad! I think he would kick Jones' ass.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22wYrVmj4Tk

The most BLOODY MMA fight ever!
Back in black
I hit the sack
I've been too long I'm glad to be back
"
Flauros wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22wYrVmj4Tk

The most BLOODY MMA fight ever!

Wow!! Thank you for trolling. This was almost as bad as watching Ken Shamrock vs Dan Severn 2.

"
Thrain wrote:
I want George St. Pierre to fight Jon Jones so bad! I think he would kick Jones' ass.

I love GSP, but this is absurd. GSP would get killed by Jones. First, GSP would have to move up weight. That's a disadvantage for him right off the bat. That's the reason he doesn't want to fight Anderson. Second, Jones is huge! What is GSP gonna do? Jab the air? That is what GSP does. He jabs you and takes you down. He can't do either of those to Jones. He is just to big and strong.
"
Wow!! Thank you for trolling. This was almost as bad as watching Ken Shamrock vs Dan Severn 2.

For more EXCITING action, watch
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xktg1h_hd-pride-23-sakuraba-vs-arsene-the-most-pathetic-combat-of-mma-history_sport
in which Sakuraba demonstrates his true skill against the mighty Arsene, a man of great- nay, even equal talent!

"
I love GSP, but this is absurd. GSP would get killed by Jones. First, GSP would have to move up weight. That's a disadvantage for him right off the bat. That's the reason he doesn't want to fight Anderson. Second, Jones is huge! What is GSP gonna do? Jab the air? That is what GSP does. He jabs you and takes you down. He can't do either of those to Jones. He is just to big and strong.

GSP VS Condit would be more interesting.
Back in black
I hit the sack
I've been too long I'm glad to be back

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info