[3.15✔️] SMART SOULWREST with VOLATILE DEAD ✦ league starter ✦ beginner friendly + [VIDEO GUIDE]

"
BloodyChorn wrote:
Pastbin does not work

until they update PoB, you can download pob community fork to make it work. i had to do that today
Yup. Using Community Fork. Sorry, was not thinking that regular PoB do not comprehend it. Would add description to avoid confusion.

So far from my playtesting on other build new Punishment seems to be more defensive curse (-10% damage debuff) than offensive one. So Ele. Wakness and Conductivity most likely only reasonable choice without heavy alteration of the build.
Last edited by Atataforthewin on Sep 20, 2020, 6:47:37 PM
For anyone looking for the pair of Corpsewalkers they are certainly not out yet with all the Heist uniques that are not replicas.

Most likely they would hit the servers with the rest of Heist bosses in this week patches (hopefully).
Last edited by Atataforthewin on Sep 22, 2020, 6:41:10 PM
I do not understand how realize Elemental Equilibrium in this build.I watched the video guide and still did not understand (sorry, I perceive English harder by ear than by eye).

The build is very intresting and very non-standard in comparison with the main meta, which has already bored me in a few patches.
Last edited by IchestaBelatoria on Sep 23, 2020, 6:51:32 AM
No worry English is my second language as well xD

Volatile Dead spell do fire damage from SELF cast.

So when you deal fire damage it would trigger Elemental Equilibrium for -ice and -lighting resistance and +fire resistance accordingly.

Phantasm minions deal lightning and ice damage, so they benefit greatly from Elemental Equilibrium triggered by fire damage.

Bonus P.S.

3.12 introduced new alternative quality for Volatile Dead gem with 20% increased Orb Movement Speed. This is total upgrade for this build in my opinion.

Other notable alt quality is Hypothermia support with Supported Skills have +20% chance to Freeze Enemies which are Chilled.
We already have chill from Skitterbots so it is free 20% extra Freeze and corpse removal. However it IS corpse removal, so we would rely on our SELF corpse generation for VD and Bone Offering a bit more. Definitely depends on personal playstyle if you want to opt for this upgrade.
Last edited by Atataforthewin on Sep 24, 2020, 6:02:42 PM
"
No worry English is my second language as well xD

Volatile Dead spell do fire damage from SELF cast.

So when you deal fire damage it would trigger Elemental Equilibrium for -ice and -lighting resistance and +fire resistance accordingly.

Phantasm minions deal lightning and ice damage, so they benefit greatly from Elemental Equilibrium triggered by fire damage.

Bonus P.S.

3.12 introduced new alternative quality for Volatile Dead gem with 20% increased Orb Movement Speed. This is total upgrade for this build in my opinion.

Other notable alt quality is Hypothermia support with Supported Skills have +20% chance to Freeze Enemies which are Chilled.
We already have chill from Skitterbots so it is free 20% extra Freeze and corpse removal. However it IS corpse removal, so we would rely on our SELF corpse generation for VD and Bone Offering a bit more. Definitely depends on personal playstyle if you want to opt for this upgrade.

Thank you for the answer.

By the way, you've probably already thoroughly tested this build in the current league. Are there any nuances for passing heists?
"

Thank you for the answer.

By the way, you've probably already thoroughly tested this build in the current league. Are there any nuances for passing heists?

Nope I have small vacation in the melee domain and still waiting on new uniques to be released. xD

But from what I see, most likely convocation would be the most used skill and maybe one of the 4 links from spectres (elemental army) would need to be removed to make up space for Second Wind support on Dash.

Faster Projectiles most likely would be essential for the fast kill rate in higher tier heists instead of Hypotermia.

Also depending on how hight level Heist goes with minion hate maybe Blessed Rebirth notable from the cluster jewels could be finally useful outside T19 delirium maps.
Last edited by Atataforthewin on Sep 25, 2020, 4:43:58 PM
Went through alternative gems and pick the ones that are actually useful for this build. Added new section to the guide. Only ones that I am hesitant are Aura alternatives, do not synergize really well with the minions :(

Volatile Dead
20% increased Orb Movement Speed

While default one is great. But build actually capped exactly in the movement speed domain due to speed of VD balls and them lagging behind often. Great upgrade.

Convocation
Unnerve nearby Enemies for 4.0 seconds
40% reduced Cooldown Recovery Rate

Great addition if you can live with 40% longer cooldown. Unnerve is 10% spell damage buff in nearby area (Phantasms deal base physical SPELL damage).

Hypothermia Support
Supported Skills have +20% chance to Freeze Enemies which are Chilled

Straight up upgrade for corpse removal since we already have chill aura from Skitterbots. Does force you into more self corpse generation for your VD and Phantasms.

Bone Offering
40% less Skill Effect Duration
Minions recover 100 Life when they Block

If you are still scared of burst one shots it is great. Effectively extra 50 life on block. You lose some minion DPS for survivability.

Predator Support
Minions from Supported Skills have 30% increased Critical Strike Chance against the Prey
Minions from Supported Skills have +15% to Critical Strike Multiplier against the Prey

Straight up upgrade for single target DPS. Less clear DPS.

Conductivity
Hits against Cursed Enemies have +20% chance to Shock

Straight up upgrade for shock and DPS ramp.
Last edited by Atataforthewin on Sep 28, 2020, 4:32:17 PM
My understanding is that the sniper's mark won't get applied by hextouch support on the gloves because its a mark, not a hex
Thanks for the Guide.

Had an absolute blast levelling it.

https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds?item=Soulwrest

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info