[1.0.1b] Summoner Guide / Minion Guide

Question about making rare (yellow) mobs spectres. Do your minions benefit from their auras? Or is there a list what mods can work on them?
"
DutchRudder wrote:
Question about making rare (yellow) mobs spectres. Do your minions benefit from their auras? Or is there a list what mods can work on them?

Blue or yellow mobs lose any modifiers they might have, and just become a normal version of their enemy type when you raise them as a spectre
hmmmm, I dont think carrion queens are that great - they sometimes amble about not shooting at all, and since they cast from quite 'high' their fireballs will hit the ground instead of any targets behind where they aimed, quite annoying and leads to alot of wasted damage.
"
xSJx wrote:
"
DutchRudder wrote:

Blue or yellow mobs lose any modifiers they might have, and just become a normal version of their enemy type when you raise them as a spectre

But they do get the level bonus, so a magic/blue npc is +1 level and a rare npc turned into a spectre is +2 lvls higher than the area your in....
"
HaleBopp wrote:
to the burning miscreation they are very weak , since they are meelee and die so fast that they are nearly not usefull

Now they patched them to lvl 68 they seem prettty usefull in close maps .

i came up with some therory craft for them for bett survivability

-burned miscr
2 Minion life
3 Life Leech
4 Multi strike

the first 3 are for more life and life leech. they hit hard and get alot hp due to this.
i dont know what to put in in the second 2. they make huge dmg with their "fire aura" but as mentioned die too fast.
thinking of only "tank" support gems like Minion Resi / Minion Dmg / life gain on hit as well as life leech? both inside?

the other question / one time observation - got 2 different LVL burning miscreation and it seems the spell "STACK" !!!! mobs have 2 red fire bubbles over their head. only watched it at fellshrine 2 month ago , and grabbed a fire miscr from lunaris lvl 1 , and lvl 3,

test - decoy totem ,
test - knockback tentacle -faster atks , faster proj , gmp , firepren
test
2gmp
3faster atjk
4Knockback/fasterproj/firepen
5lifeleech/kockback/ChaosDmg

In case this isn't known yet, the only gems that affect BM's obscene burn DOT are +burn damage, +minion life, and +AOE (supported with curses + EE). It doesn't 'hit' so LL, LGOH, all the other +dmg and +pen gems and culling strikes are all worthless, among others. If I were running a miscreation my 6L would look like

1. Spectre
2. Minion Life
3. +AOE
4. +Burn dmg
5. Minion ele resists
6. ?????? (honestly no clue)

And I would be running every possible defensive aura and possibly even necro aegis to give the guy a fighting chance in melee range. I seriously might put a springleaf on him just to keep from having to micro his health totals so much with animation potions, even at the cost of Minion Instability.

But ultimately, he is probably not worth it outside of docks runs. Unbelievable damage, but just a painful amount of maintenance. I really wish his Unrighteous Fire would stay turned on between area transitions, too.
melee minions are equally viable dudes, especialy flicker strike or bear mobs!

Its also much less painful to play with because you dont have to babysit your minions as much. Its not a big loss when spectres die, as any melee mob will do the job.

ill leave a link to my summoners thread if you guy interested. It contains links to a few youtube solo map runs.

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/426693/page/1

One thing springs to mind in all of these talks about spectres. It doesn´t seem like anyone is talking about the lack of upscaling of spectres. If you go to a lvl 61 area to pick up those big mammas, they stay a lvl 61 even though you bring them in to lunaris lvl 3, which is ofc 68.
Are you picking up your spectres from maps, or how does that work?
Sorry if this has already been posted, but is Vitality aura really that good?

Lets say the mob has 13,000 health. With 1% heal pr. second that only 130 health a second. Cant see this saving the mob much, life leech/pots will keep it topped up anyway..
"
Archie_McFap wrote:

Are you picking up your spectres from maps, or how does that work?

Picking initial in Lunaris (Sentinels -if starting in open area maps) or in Docks (Voidbeares if runing dungeon type maps) then never bother and pick whatever is around in maps i clear. Also i've specific way to handle maps - always storing maps below map lvl i'm currently runing. It goes like this:
1) Runing higher lvl maps i store lvl 66-67 maps and then use transmutation/ augmentation/ alteration orbs on them and simply spam run them, ocasionally returning to docks (fastest spectres) if my underlings were unlucky to die without any semi-viable spectres around. I'm not bothering to clear dungeon type maps - find boss, kill, go next. For outdoor just run a circle.
2) Next pack are lvl 68-70 maps - alcheming them. Here i sometimes bother with Flame sentinels becouse they increase clear time quite signigicantly.
3) Lvl 71+ maps i prefer to run with spectres from those maps becouse of them being of adequate lvl to map monsters.
4) Lvl 74+ maps - runed lots and think it's better to sell them - they cost fine and it's hard to sustain this map range solo or with +1 teammate. Really need full group IIQ to have enough drops to run them a lot.

If i get high lvl spectre i never go to lower map bracket unless i absolutly have too, becouse i think they don't upgrade back after being downgraded.

Gem wise i switch only between chain/lmp/gmp. Switching faster casting and faster attack isn't viable becouse of different socket colour.

P.S. Also GMP archers (especially statue once) do fine aoe dmg, often worth to pick them instead of spending time in search for better spectres.
Hey guys !

Great topic, very useful information on this topic :)

I got a summon/arc build (arc is only used as a debuff, not really as a dmg source), I kinda followed VoidMoon's build

1) I wonder which aura is the best for minion survivability: determination or vitality ? Since I also run purity, I cannot run both, so I have to make a choice.

2) Gear dilemma:

A friend of mine got Queen's decree and Matua Tupana.

I wonder which one I should use (if I should use it at all).

Queen's decree :
pro: +1 spectre !!, +% minion life, +% minion dmg
con : 2h (no shield = no es/armor, res, life bonus, no wand = no +% spell dmg for arc)

Matua Tupana :
pro : 10% increased Effect of Auras on Minions. I plan to run purity + determination(or vitality, not sure yet which one's the best) + discipline + wrath + clarity once I've taken EB
con : +2 minion gem quite useless (3 link max), low es

3) If I take EB, does discipline still gives ES to my minions ?

4) Since I have some spare points and I pass near the leadership (+30% increased radius of aura) nod, I intend to take it. I'm not sure its worth it however.

thx for your help !
Last edited by Golgho on Jul 9, 2013, 7:56:58 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info