[3.17] One shot Tectonic Slam Chieftain. Great Damage and Survivability. Melting all content.

Hey my dude,

I am trying your build atm and I am a little confused. In your 15ex Budget tree you do not have the timeless jewel in. Is this jewel still necessary for the build?
Hey OP, quick question, is staff is the mandatory weapon or anything "BIG" like, I'm possibly going to switch from what I'm playing atm to this build and remake a char and I got this to use atm.

"
thomashays167 wrote:
Been trying this build out and its seems okay. Definitely a slow to medium map clear. My biggest gripes are with Legion Monoliths and blight maps, just seems so slow, obviously i'm not geared that well but still struggles since you have those small breaks in damage.

You desperately need to upgrade your axe, I checked its damage against my own axe (which is only 1-2% stronger than the axe listed in the budget non-crit build) and your axe is 38.5% weaker as a replacement assuming the best case scenario of all buffs and warcries up. I think this build is just average at cracking open Legion Monoliths but I can't think of a reason it'd be particularly bad at Blight.
Hey im loving this build so far. I always loved tectonic slam but never found a good build for my style.

ATM i have some problems upgrading from no-crit to mid-budget crit
i managed to get all the equipment including clusters but my damage in POB it's only 10M at max hit...im working on the craft for my staff and helmet enchant too, so it's not fully upgraded yet

i need to change something? i don't think this staff it's the definitve,im planning on getting something better.
"
J0zefk0 wrote:
Hey, so i had a pause with this build for 3 days so didnt progress much.. I just bought some cheap items and I am finally one shotting even t16 bosses but now i have a new problem and that is even white monster can almost insta kill me and have no idea why...Also how can i prevent that monsters cant cancel my tectonic slam??posting here poe profile cause pob is not showing all my items..will add it when it will work. Thx for answer https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/j0zefk0/characters

I just took a look at your gears and I see a numerous problems:

1. Given that you have gathered all cluster jewels, there's no reason to run 5L for tectonic slam. You won't have enough damage, and most importantly, you don't have fortify buff, therefore, making you more squishy.

2. Your staff damage is not good, please refer bases I recommend in the weapon section. Also, you have less block too using that staff.

3. I can't see much life overall in your gear, I don't know what's your current HP pool, but I'm guessing less or equal than 5k. To improve, get some good gears with high life on it.

4. Your CWDT level is too low, this also played a role to your being one-shotted. Because your CWDT will keep getting triggered, draining your endurance charge. No endurance charge means less damage, less AOE, less phys reduction, and more likely to be one-shotted.

5. You don't have a curse immune flask, that's yet another factor which makes you squishy.

6. No need to use life flask, use enduring cry to recover life instead. That will give you another flask spot to improve moving speed. If you need bleed immunity, get a corrupted blood immune jewel .

7. use Brine King as your pantheon, as suggested in Pantheon section, this will prevent you from being stun-locked to death

8. Use stone golem to help you split damage, refer to Q&A about why using stone golem

9. Start to use phase run in dangerous places, for example, if a big dangerous mob is rushing your way, you can activate phase run then you will be safe.

Overall speaking, just use similar item, same skill, same tree, same flask as POB should solve majority of the problems.

[3.19] Jenno's Staff Crit Lightning Conduit Elementalist - All Rounder Spell Caster Build.
[3.17] Ultimate Self-cast Flameblast Occulist. Pure Damage and Tankiness for End Game.
[3.17] One shot Tectonic Slam Chieftain. Great Damage and Survivability.
"
Wedz wrote:
I used to play the build from the mid version of the haste, everything was fine with my dps and survivability. Now I changed the build to a new one from the ritual and ... I just do what I die.
Survival rate is zero, I can't even kill a chimera ... Tell me please, what could be the problem in my build?
https://pastebin.com/Fancs9kk

From your POB, your life is only at 4.5K which is clearly too little.

On top of that, the pantheon should be brine king instead of Arakaali, to prevent being stun locked

Also you skill tree isn't the same as the mid-budget POB, seems like you are trying to collect accuracy to replace "hits can't be evaded" craft. As I said, it's not worth it, because you will need to sacrifice lots of damage and survivability to get those accuracy.

After fixing your gears and skills, please check the "how to be tanky" question in Q&A.

At last, specifically about chimera fight, you need to make sure 2 things:

1. use the correct pantheon(as said, brine king), so you won't be stun to death during smoke phase
2. save the flask for smoke phase, pop all flasks up and quickly dash through every smoke.
[3.19] Jenno's Staff Crit Lightning Conduit Elementalist - All Rounder Spell Caster Build.
[3.17] Ultimate Self-cast Flameblast Occulist. Pure Damage and Tankiness for End Game.
"
Shatiya wrote:

I have the same problem too, even after crit transistion. Damage is really good, but you can't run rare red tier maps with any malus (vulnerability, -res ...), because even small mobgroups will slay you in almost one-hit if you don't dash constantly (and even then). And thats with endurance charges and flasks up. I'm super curious about a solution because atm it is just simply not fun dying so much :(

Mind sending your POB? I can help you take a look.
"
Schahar wrote:
Hi,

I have a question about my gloves. Until now I always had some with increased melee damage, now I wanted to replace them with some with exerted attacks ... But POB shows me that the damage is less (even with 50% exerted attacks) and the explicits are equal (add phys on new is better) ...

this is what i own:

this is what i want to equip, i dont know how to link so the copy from trade:

Rarity: Rare
Entropy Caress
Debilitation Gauntlets
--------
Armour: 269 (augmented)
--------
Requirements:
Level: 70
Str: 101
--------
Sockets: B
--------
Item Level: 70
--------
Exerted Attacks deal 50% increased Damage (implicit)
Warcry Skills have +2 seconds to Cooldown (implicit)
--------
+36 to Strength
+40 to Dexterity
Adds 6 to 10 Physical Damage to Attacks
+87 to maximum Life
Regenerate 9.1 Life per second

--------

i'm confused, any hints, or is increased Melee damage the better stat?

I used my budget build POB and tried both gloves you listed.

Replacing the 24% increased melee damage mod with Exerted Attacks deal 50% increased Damage can give you 3.6% increase in combined damage.

Therefore, new glove's implicit wins
"
malilibu wrote:
Hey

is this staff good or should i look for another one?

that staff is pretty good to use in mid-budget gear
"
thomashays167 wrote:
Been trying this build out and its seems okay. Definitely a slow to medium map clear. My biggest gripes are with Legion Monoliths and blight maps, just seems so slow, obviously i'm not geared that well but still struggles since you have those small breaks in damage.

I think your gears need some upgrade, check our the 2ex build.

Also, there's a big mistake, you shouldn't use fortify in your link, use combustion instead. Check out Q&A for explanation.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info