[3.17] One shot Tectonic Slam Chieftain. Great Damage and Survivability. Melting all content.

I already have a hunter chest I'm working on (though I dunno if ilvl 83 is enough, or if I should look for ilvl 86+ instead), but so far all my harvest crafts were REALLY poor (and it's actually a pain in the butt to find harvest AND for that harvest to have Attack options).

I actually had the stun immunity keystone in the past, I think I respecced out of it when I got boots with 80% stun avoidance enchant, but... seeing as I don't level up at all if I'm dying, I'm gonna respec those points leading to Serpent Stance into Unwavering stance and life masteries to boost up my survivability at least temporarily. I'd be happy enough if I managed to get this character to lvl 95 this league, and learn from my mistakes for the next one I guess.

For flasks.. well, they somewhat work for me.. I mean, I'm using Rumi to cap spell block since I don't have the proper chest with block chance on it, and with the instill setup I have, the flasks are pretty much automatically up all the time - so long as I don't stop moving for too long. With flasks and Ancient Protector up I swing 1.6 attacks per second.

I ran the last lab last night to get the Ngamahu node so I can now run phys reflect maps at least without issues, even if the dps boost was rather small since the only phys dmg on my gear is the tiny bit from the staff.

But yeah, I got greedy and didn't complete a build step before continuing to another step because I was gifted the Martyr staff (tho at the time it was 5l, 6red sockets with bad rolls, I managed to reroll using my 5 divines at the time and 6link it by tainted fusing) that radically changed the build, and I was stupid enough to think I'd be able to compensate for it. Like using both totems so I get 1 protector and 2 warchiefs up - to get both buffs in combat - while running around clearing, I'm using just protector to keep my attack speed up) - which also caused me not to have enough space for Rallying Cry on my bar.

I also have no idea how accuracy works for AoE attacks. I got 84% accuracy but Tectonic Slam seems to always hit all enemies... but maybe it just looks like that and it's actually Infernal Cry's Combusts that finishes clearing the stragglers that manage to evade the slam. Idk.

Tho, any advice where can I get more Life without it costing several ex? Cause I seem to be at that point where higher HP rolls on gear without drastically lowering all other rolls inflates prices from 20-50c to 2-30ex.
"
Peregrine1 wrote:
I already have a hunter chest I'm working on (though I dunno if ilvl 83 is enough, or if I should look for ilvl 86+ instead), but so far all my harvest crafts were REALLY poor (and it's actually a pain in the butt to find harvest AND for that harvest to have Attack options).

I actually had the stun immunity keystone in the past, I think I respecced out of it when I got boots with 80% stun avoidance enchant, but... seeing as I don't level up at all if I'm dying, I'm gonna respec those points leading to Serpent Stance into Unwavering stance and life masteries to boost up my survivability at least temporarily. I'd be happy enough if I managed to get this character to lvl 95 this league, and learn from my mistakes for the next one I guess.

For flasks.. well, they somewhat work for me.. I mean, I'm using Rumi to cap spell block since I don't have the proper chest with block chance on it, and with the instill setup I have, the flasks are pretty much automatically up all the time - so long as I don't stop moving for too long. With flasks and Ancient Protector up I swing 1.6 attacks per second.

I ran the last lab last night to get the Ngamahu node so I can now run phys reflect maps at least without issues, even if the dps boost was rather small since the only phys dmg on my gear is the tiny bit from the staff.

But yeah, I got greedy and didn't complete a build step before continuing to another step because I was gifted the Martyr staff (tho at the time it was 5l, 6red sockets with bad rolls, I managed to reroll using my 5 divines at the time and 6link it by tainted fusing) that radically changed the build, and I was stupid enough to think I'd be able to compensate for it. Like using both totems so I get 1 protector and 2 warchiefs up - to get both buffs in combat - while running around clearing, I'm using just protector to keep my attack speed up) - which also caused me not to have enough space for Rallying Cry on my bar.

I also have no idea how accuracy works for AoE attacks. I got 84% accuracy but Tectonic Slam seems to always hit all enemies... but maybe it just looks like that and it's actually Infernal Cry's Combusts that finishes clearing the stragglers that manage to evade the slam. Idk.

Tho, any advice where can I get more Life without it costing several ex? Cause I seem to be at that point where higher HP rolls on gear without drastically lowering all other rolls inflates prices from 20-50c to 2-30ex.

The item level of the hunter chest you have isn't enough. As the guide says, it needs ilvl86+. The T1 crit chance mod only appears i84 or higher. Therefore it's impossible to get a T1 attack option on the hunter chest you have. Some life mods we look for in end-game require i86 too.

The 80% stun enchant isn't really stable, because recently only refers to 4 seconds. If you are not clearing map at good speed then it's hard to maintain it.

Getting a proper chest with open prefix to craft block chance costs like 10c now. So there's no need to go with rumi just for something that can be achieved by 10c. Because there's a bigger damage loss you'll be missing out.

About the weapon, prioritizing 6L over a good damage weapon is a big mistake. Switching to a 5L disintegrator will give you 3 times of your current damage.

To find how accuracy works, I suggest using POB and play with the accuracy stats to see how your hit chance is changed.

Regarding advice to get more life, I suggest first follow the guide more closely. It becomes hard to suggest improvements when people start going on their own way to do changes against what the build is intended to do.

I made a POB of your current level, you can start by following this tree. https://pastebin.com/rn31FxrG
[3.19] Jenno's Staff Crit Lightning Conduit Elementalist - All Rounder Spell Caster Build.
[3.17] Ultimate Self-cast Flameblast Occulist. Pure Damage and Tankiness for End Game.
[3.17] One shot Tectonic Slam Chieftain. Great Damage and Survivability.
"
JennoJoyce wrote:
"
Peregrine1 wrote:

The item level of the hunter chest you have isn't enough. As the guide says, it needs ilvl86+. The T1 crit chance mod only appears i84 or higher. Therefore it's impossible to get a T1 attack option on the hunter chest you have. Some life mods we look for in end-game require i86 too.

The 80% stun enchant isn't really stable, because recently only refers to 4 seconds. If you are not clearing map at good speed then it's hard to maintain it.

Getting a proper chest with open prefix to craft block chance costs like 10c now. So there's no need to go with rumi just for something that can be achieved by 10c. Because there's a bigger damage loss you'll be missing out.

About the weapon, prioritizing 6L over a good damage weapon is a big mistake. Switching to a 5L disintegrator will give you 3 times of your current damage.

To find how accuracy works, I suggest using POB and play with the accuracy stats to see how your hit chance is changed.

Regarding advice to get more life, I suggest first follow the guide more closely. It becomes hard to suggest improvements when people start going on their own way to do changes against what the build is intended to do.

I made a POB of your current level, you can start by following this tree. https://pastebin.com/rn31FxrG

To supplement on this, i have also veered a little off this build because im using Earthquake instead of tectonic slam, but at its core it's the same build with one or two changes.

so i used PoB to grab your current setup and heres what i see

1. You have overlord on your cluster jewel therefore fortify on your 6 link is a waste, so you can either get a cheaper 5 link with more damage, or replace it entirely on a 6 link. i recommend melee phys damage support

2. Survivability is a problem because your damage is low. Rumi's is not helping much with the 6% missing for spell block, you dont kill things fast enough to mitigate the damage they can send at you. Im using an eventuality rod and have to use glancing blows and my survivability is still decent.

2.1 need a higher DPS staff, start with disintegrator
2.2 Flasks, Lion's roar and a cinderswallow are relatively cheap and will
help.
2.3 Flammibility if you lack the cash to get it on a ring, then a setup i
recommend is what i use Flammability-infernal cry-hextouch-combustion

3. Intimidating cry. get it, if you have to drop something to fit it in, i suggest Rallying cry. Rallying cry is good, but its a nice to have, intimidating is a must imho. it doubles dmg of exerted attacks.

4. Accuracy and Dex. The dex is so you can increase the level of precision which will in turn increase your accuracy. Long term dex wont be the goal as the idea is to get a staff with hit's can't be evaded

5. Phase Run - survivability and damage

by doing the above, it increased the Full Dps by nearly quadruple.

those are the main points i think are easy for you to change, for further improvements to aim for once you have the currency
get

1. additional curse chest + assasins mark ring.
2. awakened versions of your tectonic slam support gem's
3. bottled faith
Minmaxed gear section update finished. This should wrap up all major updates needed for this build in Scourge league, and hopefully the league after it.
[3.19] Jenno's Staff Crit Lightning Conduit Elementalist - All Rounder Spell Caster Build.
[3.17] Ultimate Self-cast Flameblast Occulist. Pure Damage and Tankiness for End Game.
Last edited by JennoJoyce on Dec 10, 2021, 11:06:55 PM
Hello! Thank you for the wonderful guide and im really enjoying it.

May i ask for Early Crit Build:
Why did you add Rampart and its sub nodes? Where are the fortification charges coming from?

Thanks(:
"
happiefruit wrote:

Why did you add Rampart and its sub nodes? Where are the fortification charges coming from?

Thanks(:

Hi, in early crit build, fortification comes from having fortify support in tectonic slam.

Since our slam deals tons of damage at once, it can guarantee 20 stacks of fortify all the time. So we can benefit from the Rampart node (40% increased damage while having 20 stacks of fortify) a lot.
"
JennoJoyce wrote:
"
happiefruit wrote:

Thanks(:

Hi, in early crit build, fortification comes from having fortify support in tectonic slam.

Since our slam deals tons of damage at once, it can guarantee 20 stacks of fortify all the time. So we can benefit from the Rampart node (40% increased damage while having 20 stacks of fortify) a lot.

Ah.. im following the gems from your midbudget pob but following the skill tree from early crit. Thanks and sorry!!
Hi, I am new to the game. And still not so sure with the crafting, do you have a guide on how to craft the staff? Thank you.

Edit: I just saw it. Sorry and thank you for the guide
Last edited by tehkesih on Dec 13, 2021, 3:17:57 AM
"
happiefruit wrote:

Ah.. im following the gems from your midbudget pob but following the skill tree from early crit. Thanks and sorry!!

No worries! By the way, the midbuget pob gain fortify by using overlord cluster notable.
"
tehkesih wrote:
Hi, I am new to the game. And still not so sure with the crafting, do you have a guide on how to craft the staff? Thank you.

Edit: I just saw it. Sorry and thank you for the guide

Glad you found it! let me know if there's anything unclear

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info