[3.17] One shot Tectonic Slam Chieftain. Great Damage and Survivability. Melting all content.

I was looking in the POB and the config has enemies covered by ash.
I'm trying to look for a source of ash being inflicted in the POBs but can't seem to find one, am I missing something?
I've looked at ascendency (no hinekora allocated), masteries (no 20% chance to cover enemies in ash when hit) and there's no Xoph's amulet.
"
loupseul wrote:
I was looking in the POB and the config has enemies covered by ash.
I'm trying to look for a source of ash being inflicted in the POBs but can't seem to find one, am I missing something?
I've looked at ascendency (no hinekora allocated), masteries (no 20% chance to cover enemies in ash when hit) and there's no Xoph's amulet.

Hi, the infernal cry will taunt the enemy and cover enemy in ash for ~10 seconds with increased duration.
[3.19] Jenno's Staff Crit Lightning Conduit Elementalist - All Rounder Spell Caster Build.
[3.17] Ultimate Self-cast Flameblast Occulist. Pure Damage and Tankiness for End Game.
[3.17] One shot Tectonic Slam Chieftain. Great Damage and Survivability.
Thank you, it's been some time since I've played war cries. Interesting!
whould headhunter work in beyond/double beyond maps or whould the attack speed be bad for us?
"
velyyn wrote:
whould headhunter work in beyond/double beyond maps or whould the attack speed be bad for us?

I don't see why having a headhunter will lead to a lower attack speed. Our build can handle those maps even without headhunter, so having a headhunter can only improve.
[3.19] Jenno's Staff Crit Lightning Conduit Elementalist - All Rounder Spell Caster Build.
[3.17] Ultimate Self-cast Flameblast Occulist. Pure Damage and Tankiness for End Game.
Is there a reason why we are using wyrmscale over a high armor chest?
"
Is there a reason why we are using wyrmscale over a high armor chest?

You mean the armor base in 50c budget gears?

For that budget level all we care about is the 6L and the mods. Otherwise it wouldn't be a 50c build anymore.

But once we progress in higher budget level, we switch to astral plate for its high armor and resistance.
Last edited by JennoJoyce on Dec 2, 2021, 9:16:36 PM
updated the POB for people looking for minmaxed version of the build.
I love the build to bits, but I'm getting increasingly terrified of map mods..

Phys reflect? don't run unless you have sextant
Ele reflect? don't run unless you have sextant
crit? you better not run it if you value your XP bar
added damage of X element? better not run it
multi-projectile? better not run it, it's one of the most devastating mods ever
increased monster speeds? better not run it as your attack speed is bad already, and getting mobbed by spellcasters casting 7+ spells a second is NOT fun
no regen? Better not run it unless you packed a mana potion or fancy hitting mobs with base attack if you ever right click without hitting a mob
lowered block chances? better not run it or you might die
Vulnerability? Better not run it cause armor is the only thing you have
Last two are especially NOPE with 'players have % less armor' mod

I spend a fair amount of currency just rerolling maps to get something that won't get me instakilled since losing XP becomes a BIG problem past lvl 90. I keep getting insane combos on the maps tho (like +monster life, +monster fire res, -monster dmg taken from crits that combined make monsters have like 7x higher effective HP.. or 2-3 rolls of added dmg combined with ~400% increased crit chance, etc)

Now granted, I don't have enough EX to get to the endgame crafting part of the build yet(staff mainly... trying to do the chest currently but I'm having really bad luck with harvests aka tiny HP rolls, tiny crit rolls, both, or no empty prefix). I'm using perfectly rolled Martyr which means most of my dmg is FIRE (thus nodes and gems that affect PHYSICAL damage scaling are worthless as only about 10% of my dmg is physical). That also makes Ngamahu ascendancy just about useless but I'm planning on getting it from the last lab soon since I really need it to at least run phys reflect maps safely. But the staff has fair amount of block, fire penetration, 100% inc fire dmg and comes with Vengeance built in (was fun when leveling after lvl 52 as it one shot whole packs automatically). It also makes Heralds of Ash/Purity useless but that's okay, I reserve like 90% of my mana with Determination, Precision and Blood and Sand anyway..

I guess I'm just ranting at this point. The thing bugging me the most is that my HP is just 4460 and that's just TOO DAMN LOW to run maps past tier 10 safely. I have no idea how ppl get 6-8k HP, I have relatively high HP rolls on every piece of gear (sans staff), took all the HP nodes according to PoB tree... the only thing that I could still do is investing into HP masteries for the next 2 levelups (+50HP, +10% HP) - but that won't do enough either.. and I'm at that point when upgrading any of my gear pieces costs several EX. I gotta get some invested into the crafted staff to finally get rid of accuracy first though, it really hampers the whole build.
Last edited by Peregrine1 on Dec 7, 2021, 3:04:20 PM
"
Peregrine1 wrote:
I love the build to bits, but I'm getting increasingly terrified of map mods..

Phys reflect? don't run unless you have sextant
Ele reflect? don't run unless you have sextant
crit? you better not run it if you value your XP bar
added damage of X element? better not run it
multi-projectile? better not run it, it's one of the most devastating mods ever
increased monster speeds? better not run it as your attack speed is bad already, and getting mobbed by spellcasters casting 7+ spells a second is NOT fun
no regen? Better not run it unless you packed a mana potion or fancy hitting mobs with base attack if you ever right click without hitting a mob
lowered block chances? better not run it or you might die
Vulnerability? Better not run it cause armor is the only thing you have
Last two are especially NOPE with 'players have % less armor' mod

I spend a fair amount of currency just rerolling maps to get something that won't get me instakilled since losing XP becomes a BIG problem past lvl 90. I keep getting insane combos on the maps tho (like +monster life, +monster fire res, -monster dmg taken from crits that combined make monsters have like 7x higher effective HP.. or 2-3 rolls of added dmg combined with ~400% increased crit chance, etc)

Now granted, I don't have enough EX to get to the endgame crafting part of the build yet(staff mainly... trying to do the chest currently but I'm having really bad luck with harvests aka tiny HP rolls, tiny crit rolls, both, or no empty prefix). I'm using perfectly rolled Martyr which means most of my dmg is FIRE (thus nodes and gems that affect PHYSICAL damage scaling are worthless as only about 10% of my dmg is physical). That also makes Ngamahu ascendancy just about useless but I'm planning on getting it from the last lab soon since I really need it to at least run phys reflect maps safely. But the staff has fair amount of block, fire penetration, 100% inc fire dmg and comes with Vengeance built in (was fun when leveling after lvl 52 as it one shot whole packs automatically). It also makes Heralds of Ash/Purity useless but that's okay, I reserve like 90% of my mana with Determination, Precision and Blood and Sand anyway..

I guess I'm just ranting at this point. The thing bugging me the most is that my HP is just 4460 and that's just TOO DAMN LOW to run maps past tier 10 safely. I have no idea how ppl get 6-8k HP, I have relatively high HP rolls on every piece of gear (sans staff), took all the HP nodes according to PoB tree... the only thing that I could still do is investing into HP masteries for the next 2 levelups (+50HP, +10% HP) - but that won't do enough either.. and I'm at that point when upgrading any of my gear pieces costs several EX. I gotta get some invested into the crafted staff to finally get rid of accuracy first though, it really hampers the whole build.

I took a look at your character, and found some alarming issues. Remember, the build requires some must-have mechanisms and it's really easy to make it unplayable when not following the POB. Here are some of the obvious things I noticed:

1. Seems like you are going for early crit build's tree. That build's hit chance heavily rely on accuracy. Otherwise the hit chance is pretty miserable which affects the damage a lot.

2. Following up 1, the early crit build's damage requires weapon with good physical damage to scale it properly. Your current weapon only has 50~174 phys damage, and very slow attack speed. This means you are dealing around 1/3 of the damage that the build should have. Even assuming a 100% hit chance.

3. Unwavering Stance is missing. This directly relates to your map mod comments. If the attack speed is slow, then you will consistently be interrupted in map and stun-lock to death.

4. Many other smaller mistakes. For example, flask not correct, skills not right. These smaller things can add up to affect your game play significantly.

Overall, my suggestion is: if you have like 3ex of currency, then get the same gear as the one I posted in early-crit gear section. The most expensive item in early crit build is body armor, but it only costs ~1.5ex now if you are going with divination card. Until then, to have a functioning build that can farm currency, you need to follow the 50c build EXACTLY.

At last, regarding map mods, I only reroll 2 mods:
1. reflect (phys reflect or ele reflect). In end-game I run them anyway because of reflected immunity granted by awakened gem.
2. no regen: I recommend avoid it before end-game gear.

The rest of map mods won't do harm to us once the build is set up correctly.
Last edited by JennoJoyce on Dec 8, 2021, 10:26:55 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info