[3.16]Ice Crash-Jugg-2h-AxeVersion- (Melee is dead)

Hey first time playing this build and I'm loving it and I'm up to tier 10 maps, however I'm getting 1 shot by some mobs and the boss, Is there a certain way you use the war cries? or am I missing something in my build? Here is a copy of my POB I was wondering if you could give me some tips?

https://pastebin.com/uebtvjyx
Last edited by LSV96 on Nov 16, 2021, 10:39:33 AM
"
LSV96 wrote:
Hey first time playing this build and I'm loving it and I'm up to tier 10 maps, however I'm getting 1 shot by some mobs and the boss, Is there a certain way you use the war cries? or am I missing something in my build? Here is a copy of my POB I was wondering if you could give me some tips?

https://pastebin.com/uebtvjyx

First thing I would do is to get your life up as much as you can. You have just under 4K which is pretty low. Use your next 5 or so skill points and path up to constitution and pick up a few of the life nodes around it. Once you get Constitution you can get the +50 life mastery. We really want to have above 5K life. You can also swap your 3rd jewel with on with another 7% life on it. What pantheons are you using? Lunaris and grukthul will add another 13% phys damage reduction, so that's an option.
Get a divergent elemental damage support gem. This will free up the skill point you have in life/mana leech node.

Other than that just try and get max life on all gear where you can.

I hope this helps. I too have issues with survivability. Im currently leveling my gems back up to 20 after taking quality to 20%. My next move is to invest in a few pieces of gear to get my life up to at least 5K. Im currently at 4300. My damage feels good as early red maps are no problem. Just need more life.
Last edited by Zuuule on Nov 16, 2021, 3:03:47 PM
Started scourge league with this guide and with some great suggestions from Koolmea was able to take this build pretty far, killing most end game bosses (elder, shaper, A8 Sirus). Having a blast leaping around and killing most T16 bosses in a few hits.

Here's my current POB with 9.6M DPS at lvl 96.
https://pastebin.com/iLe3eCAs

Upgrades are starting to get pretty expensive, but I can definitely push this build even further with more time/investment.
Last edited by BarryBoisen on Nov 16, 2021, 3:36:07 PM
"
BarryBoisen wrote:
Started scourge league with this guide and with some great suggestions from Koolmea was able to take this build pretty far, killing most end game bosses (elder, shaper, A8 Sirus). Having a blast leaping around and killing most T16 bosses in a few hits.

Here's my current POB with 9.6M DPS at lvl 96.
https://pastebin.com/iLe3eCAs

Upgrades are starting to get pretty expensive, but I can definitely push this build even further with more time/investment.

I appreciate you posting and endgame PoB. I've been looking for someone in your position so I can have a list of what gear to go for next.
"
Zuuule wrote:

I appreciate you posting and endgame PoB. I've been looking for someone in your position so I can have a list of what gear to go for next.

No problem, let me know if you have any questions! The build evolved in several stages so if you get stuck anywhere I may have some ideas on where to go next.

Spent a lot of time optimizing the tree. The biggest single DPS gain was from getting a high PDPS weapon (since all our Phys damage is converted to Cold), and then the chest which applies an additional curse allowed me to change my amulet anoint from Whispers of Doom to Feller of Foes. I also personally like the extra padding from prismatic skin but you could scrap those points for more dps.
Last edited by BarryBoisen on Nov 16, 2021, 11:01:02 PM
Hello,

this is my 1st melee build i am trying and i feel i am a bit stuck and i dont know how to improve further (i dont really know what items i should get next) also i am not sure if i am doing anything wrong but i have problems with mana (after using cries i dont have enough mana to use ice crash or i cant spam ice crash)

I am often getting 1-shotted by group of bats in delve and small fire golems

dmg feels fine on yellow, low red maps but but low on bosses

thank you for any advice

PoB: https://pastebin.com/R8g03GwD
Last edited by Sarkx on Nov 17, 2021, 7:20:00 AM
"
BarryBoisen wrote:
"
Zuuule wrote:

No problem, let me know if you have any questions! The build evolved in several stages so if you get stuck anywhere I may have some ideas on where to go next.

Spent a lot of time optimizing the tree. The biggest single DPS gain was from getting a high PDPS weapon (since all our Phys damage is converted to Cold), and then the chest which applies an additional curse allowed me to change my amulet anoint from Whispers of Doom to Feller of Foes. I also personally like the extra padding from prismatic skin but you could scrap those points for more dps.

So when I'm looking for a weapon should I completely ignore any added lightning or fire damage mods? My current ax has 533 pdps but 787 total dps due to added fire and cold damage. I got it pretty cheap. If I look for axes with 700+ pdps but no added cold/fire etc they go for 6-10 ex at the low end. Its just odd to me that 2 axes with the same total dps are so different in price.
"
Sarkx wrote:
Hello,

this is my 1st melee build i am trying and i feel i am a bit stuck and i dont know how to improve further (i dont really know what items i should get next) also i am not sure if i am doing anything wrong but i have problems with mana (after using cries i dont have enough mana to use ice crash or i cant spam ice crash)

I am often getting 1-shotted by group of bats in delve and small fire golems

dmg feels fine on yellow, low red maps but but low on bosses

thank you for any advice

PoB: https://pastebin.com/R8g03GwD

Hi Sarkx,

Taking a look, there are a few changes I would make to help with survivability.

Here's your updated tree: https://pastebin.com/rCPLQfQb
Here's mine as a reference of where you can go with this build (9.8M damage at lvl 96): https://pastebin.com/28VGhaJs

The biggest survivability hole in your build is negative Chaos resistance. That's going to really hurt in a lot of situations, so your highest priority is to replace your gear with some that has Chaos res.

There are several adjustments you can make to your tree with some regret orbs that will boost both your life and damage output.

I changed some of your pathing to get several points back from the Butchery area by pathing around the outside from the bottom as well as removing Cleaving and Constitution. You can always spec those points back as you level more. You'll get more damage at this point from upgrading your gear (big pDPS weapon is key) and leveling/upgrading your gems.

I added in 3 Jewel slots which will be HUGE for both HP and damage. Look for Jewels with 6-7% max hp and a couple damage mods for a decent boost.

Fortify is great, but you were only getting 17 stacks of Fortify in your setup, which isn't enough to get the Rampart passive damage bonus. For this reason I switched to the Steadfast fortify node so you can get 21 stacks. You'll have an additional 4% damage reduction from the extra 4 stacks.

You'll want to choose pantheons and unlock all the bonuses for them if you haven't already (wasn't in the POB). I chose Soul of Solaris and Soul of Shakari, but you could also choose Soul of Arakaali for more protection against degens.

Vaal Molten Shell is super helpful as you can cast it's Vaal form in a pinch if you're taking a lot of damage. It's my "oh $#%&" button on my build and has saved my neck a lot.

You'll want to eventually replace the Kaom's Roots for boots with +1 maximum endurance charge which will give you more gem slots and gem flexibility. I liked unwavering stance so I used a point for it on the tree once I replaced the boots.

For gems I recommend adding the Faster Attacks support gem to Leap Slam as Leap is our only mobility and it's important to leap as quickly as we can. I would also consider adding a Phase Run gem to your Cast when Damage Taken gem link as well.

That should give you enough to think about for now :)
Last edited by BarryBoisen on Nov 17, 2021, 9:42:24 AM
"
Zuuule wrote:
So when I'm looking for a weapon should I completely ignore any added lightning or fire damage mods? My current ax has 533 pdps but 787 total dps due to added fire and cold damage. I got it pretty cheap. If I look for axes with 700+ pdps but no added cold/fire etc they go for 6-10 ex at the low end. Its just odd to me that 2 axes with the same total dps are so different in price.

Yeah, you're going to get a lot more damage out of any raw added physical damage than elemental damage (even cold damage). If you want to see for yourself, add one of those 700 pDPS weapons to your POB and check your dps.

That being said, I would not exclude extra cold/fire/lightning damage from your search as you will miss good pDPS axes that happen to have those mods. My 800 pDPS axe has an added Lightning damage mod, I just consider that a dead stat.
"
BarryBoisen wrote:
"
Zuuule wrote:

Yeah, you're going to get a lot more damage out of any raw added physical damage than elemental damage (even cold damage). If you want to see for yourself, add one of those 700 pDPS weapons to your POB and check your dps.

That being said, I would not exclude extra cold/fire/lightning damage from your search as you will miss good pDPS axes that happen to have those mods. My 800 pDPS axe has an added Lightning damage mod, I just consider that a dead stat.

Awesome, thanks! I know life is my big hole at the moment and getting some chaos res. Right now I'm getting my gems back up to 20 after getting them to 20% qual so I'm pretty much just running low tier white/blue maps. If you have a moment could you take a look at my PoB and assist me in what you feel I should do next.

https://pastebin.com/uvfTRhss

I'm pretty casual so getting 10 ex to buy a high end weapon won't happen for a while. I currently have about 3 ex to spend. I was thinking of getting new body armor with a lot more life on it next. Anyway, any more advise you can give would help tremendously.

EDIT

I did some tinkering on my tree and was able to get almost 5K without losing much DPS or investing into any gear just yet by following your PoB. I realized I've had the wrong starting 5 nodes allocated.
Last edited by Zuuule on Nov 17, 2021, 5:00:36 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info