[3.16]Ice Crash-Jugg-2h-AxeVersion- (Melee is dead)

"
Vallcrist wrote:
Attempted A8 Sirus for the first time today, but damage was too low to kill it, not feeling great about being able to progress on the gear enough for a comfy endgame. Even though we can theoretically get to 4m DPS, I'm not seeing a clear path towards that at the moment, any tips?

I've already got a pretty good weapon and enough points in the tree that I feel like I should be doing okay in T14+ and endgame bosses :/

I switched from Ice crash to Cyclone i just dont think it suits this league mechanics. But nevertheless i can help you with some advice:

1.Gloves : you can find better gloves as in normal gloves with 40-50% increased attack damage against chilled enemies, you almost always chill them. If not go for Spiked gloves with attack speed - life and resists.
Best in slot are Spiked gloves - +1 frenzy - culling strike - mellee damage - attack speed - life. (Warlord Influence)

2.I would replace Wise Oak Bismuth flask with an Atziri's Promise. That would be like 5% more damage + chaos resists.

3. Now that you have chaos resist you can drop Unrelenting and grab Unbreakable. You only miss 3% Elemental reduction, but gain a shtload of life regeneration.

4. The abyss jewel in your belt could be: chance to gain Unholy might (30% more damage) - %Life regeration while moving - +life.

5. At some point I would drop Kaom's booots for Two-tone boots with +1 endurance or Elusive and Tailwind (double influenced Hunter - Warlord)
6. You are lacking life on some gear, especially ring and amu. You can find better amulets with: Life-melee damage-resists and crit multi.

When you have the exalts craft or buy same base Amulet with Warlord influence for Pride mana reservation - life - resists - intelligence - crit multi - gain phys as cold dmg

7. Find an abyssus with Ice crash enchant. IO would suggest "15% of Ice Crash Physical Damage gained as Extra Cold Damage" is better than "40 increased Ice Crash Damage"

8, Find a chestpiece with Attacks Have +1 %critical strike chance and You can apply and additional curse. That will save you from annointing the amulet. Or if you need a faster mob clearing replace additional curse with killed mobs have a chance to explode.

or just have them all 3 at once.

9. I would replace Fist of War for Anomalous Inspiration support.
Inspiration is a huge boost over Fist of War due to +45 crit chance, mana reduction and 35% increased elemental damage. You need crit for this build.

10. Best belt would be Hunter influenced stygian for %life and +life +resists +daamge
Last edited by Koolmea on Nov 4, 2021, 1:48:16 AM
Looking to run this build once you have have more fleshed out for endgame gear and more dps. Thanks for updating the guide daily!
"
Koolmea wrote:
"
Vallcrist wrote:
Attempted A8 Sirus for the first time today, but damage was too low to kill it, not feeling great about being able to progress on the gear enough for a comfy endgame. Even though we can theoretically get to 4m DPS, I'm not seeing a clear path towards that at the moment, any tips?

I've already got a pretty good weapon and enough points in the tree that I feel like I should be doing okay in T14+ and endgame bosses :/

I switched from Ice crash to Cyclone i just dont think it suits this league mechanics. But nevertheless i can help you with some advice:

1.Gloves : you can find better gloves as in normal gloves with 40-50% increased attack damage against chilled enemies, you almost always chill them. If not go for Spiked gloves with attack speed - life and resists.
Best in slot are Spiked gloves - +1 frenzy - culling strike - mellee damage - attack speed - life. (Warlord Influence)

2.I would replace Wise Oak Bismuth flask with an Atziri's Promise. That would be like 5% more damage + chaos resists.

3. Now that you have chaos resist you can drop Unrelenting and grab Unbreakable. You only miss 3% Elemental reduction, but gain a shtload of life regeneration.

4. The abyss jewel in your belt could be: chance to gain Unholy might (30% more damage) - %Life regeration while moving - +life.

5. At some point I would drop Kaom's booots for Two-tone boots with +1 endurance or Elusive and Tailwind (double influenced Hunter - Warlord)
6. You are lacking life on some gear, especially ring and amu. You can find better amulets with: Life-melee damage-resists and crit multi.

When you have the exalts craft or buy same base Amulet with Warlord influence for Pride mana reservation - life - resists - intelligence - crit multi - gain phys as cold dmg

7. Find an abyssus with Ice crash enchant. IO would suggest "15% of Ice Crash Physical Damage gained as Extra Cold Damage" is better than "40 increased Ice Crash Damage"

8, Find a chestpiece with Attacks Have +1 %critical strike chance and You can apply and additional curse. That will save you from annointing the amulet. Or if you need a faster mob clearing replace additional curse with killed mobs have a chance to explode.

or just have them all 3 at once.

9. I would replace Fist of War for Anomalous Inspiration support.
Inspiration is a huge boost over Fist of War due to +45 crit chance, mana reduction and 35% increased elemental damage. You need crit for this build.

10. Best belt would be Hunter influenced stygian for %life and +life +resists +daamge

Thanks for the pretty detailed tips!
Gonna look into some of these and see if I can power through with this build. :)
Been having a ton of fun using ice crash this league. I know I have a long ways to go, but can someone looks at my gear and tell me the main few things I need to be looking into upgrading? My damage feels pretty good for where I'm at in the game right now (Im around lvl 80 just running maps atm, but hoping to do end game stuff eventually when I level), but I still get rekt sometimes. I'm pretty poor, but I imagine there is some good budget gear I might be able to upgrade to?

My current gear:

Thanks
Last edited by Straafe on Nov 5, 2021, 2:37:52 PM
I've been playing and following this guide for couple of weeks now. Got all the stones and running red maps etc., performing fine.

I just have quite mixed feelings when in comes to what type of gear and weapon should I focus on(What influence and/or mods and DPS to aim for for the weapon) and in what would be the order of acquisition? What items will I be better off crafting? When should I start wearing Abyssus? Do I always need to wear Kaoms Roots (Will it work if i put one point in unwavering stance and ditch Kaoms)? Is double curse A MUST have for bursting down bosses?
Would be nice to have an updated gear section in the guide with some explanation/theory. Skill- and support gems section would also be nice.

Right now, i'm hesitating to invest currency on gear that i'm not sure will it be good in the end.

And speaking of investing, what type of budget should one prepared to invest to get good dps on this build?

IGN: Unray
"
Unrayy wrote:
I've been playing and following this guide for couple of weeks now. Got all the stones and running red maps etc., performing fine.

I just have quite mixed feelings when in comes to what type of gear and weapon should I focus on(What influence and/or mods and DPS to aim for for the weapon) and in what would be the order of acquisition? What items will I be better off crafting? When should I start wearing Abyssus? Do I always need to wear Kaoms Roots (Will it work if i put one point in unwavering stance and ditch Kaoms)? Is double curse A MUST have for bursting down bosses?
Would be nice to have an updated gear section in the guide with some explanation/theory. Skill- and support gems section would also be nice.

Right now, i'm hesitating to invest currency on gear that i'm not sure will it be good in the end.

And speaking of investing, what type of budget should one prepared to invest to get good dps on this build?

Just finished the acts at lvl 70, and I too am in the same situation. A gear guide would be great!
i am on console so cant link gear but i think ure dps is a bit of , but i am soldiering on with this , i was wondering y use cold pen would hypothermia not be more beneficial , i am going to alter some things but you havent mentioned enlighten as mana is a serious issue or am i mistaken and you dont use it for reasons i havent noticed thanks
Hi liking build so far. I'm only low level still. Just wondering should I run Herald of Ice for Acts or just use Harald of Purity throughout everything?
"
Cruikas1 wrote:
Hi liking build so far. I'm only low level still. Just wondering should I run Herald of Ice for Acts or just use Harald of Purity throughout everything?

i used herald of ice mate but entirely up to you
I do not get how to struggle with being chill and frozen without unstopable. The jugg ice crasher on poe ninja does not even have "immune to chill/frozen" mod on flask. Even with the mod i am geeting wrecked by some freezing elites or getting smash by packs if freeze immune flask is not available. Did not play poe for 2 years. May be there are some modern ways to deal with it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info