[3.16]Ice Crash-Jugg-2h-AxeVersion- (Melee is dead)

Not sure why the negativity, if the builds not for you then pick something else. I've killed everything in game with this build. I've posted videos of me taking some of the biggest hits in super juiced t16s/300+ Delve bosses, all while playing on a cloud gaming service. I've beat the game on ps4 pro with this build as well. This build DOES kill the game. It's not a max block or dodge type character. Leap slam is life. Get better with it and beat anything. Cause it's absolutely viable. We've got many people last season who absolutely flew through the game even better than I can. My current in game character already 1 shots the screen. It is a league starter. Ice Crash is a super easy skill to use making it just that. Perfecting your warcrys and locations of using Ice Crash and leap slam is going to take practice if you're not a Jugg main. When I made my original build. I clearly had a lot of time and tools to test because of harvest. If you're expecting to clear the game the second you hit 90+ off a character you've never touched before, sorry this isnt a face roll easy build in that sense. Go be a summoner. This is an extremely high dps juggernaut build. I've played the game for 3 days total since launch (work full time at a hospital) and my character is smashing screens to dust.
Last edited by HeroEvermore on Feb 3, 2021, 1:13:29 PM
Hi, i cant find a build that i enjoy for this league. I'm considering this one. What would be the entry cost to this build for it to do most of the content ? (not planning on running deliruim ou t19) Thanks!
"
JekoJeko wrote:
"

Always good to see people making it personal in an instant. Especially softcore players who think they've been around for long.
As for my gear and character: I abandoned it after it failed in HC, so yeah it's never gonna be the best.

Your entire post basically sums up my point.

You better have the right mechanics in place and physically dodge everything, or you are toast. Which for a jugg build is different than most people expect. Anything that interrupts leap-slam, like any juiced up t16 with a snare ritual? Oneshot.

Try running a high tier poorjoy's. Oneshot.

As far as "makes the entire game laughable" just not the case.

I challenge you to find your gear on a less than 30ex budget atm. Prob not even 50ex. Not happening.

If by league starter you mean farming low content for hours and hours on end without any tangible progress? Yeah ofc, any build works but it's not by a long shot the definition of a good league starter.

Now tell me none of your other characters did the currency farming and you did in fact run this as your first char this season? Thought so.

This is going to be my last post in this thread regardless, critique is going to be a part of any thread and helps people to make an informed decision. Even if my voice if 1 of minority. There is no need to make it personal in any case.

Have a good one.
Sorry, but as HeroEvermore has pointed out themselves, this build does take some effort to pilot, and if you are having too much trouble league starting with it it is going to be largely down to the player and not the build. If pointing this out is too 'personal' for you, you probably shouldn't be jumping in people's buid guide threads and claiming that their league starter build that they spent a lot of time and effort writing up is 'not viable'.

"
As for my gear and character: I abandoned it after it failed in HC, so yeah it's never gonna be the best.

It seems like you've stopped making your characters publicly visible, but as far as I know your loadout was always listed under a 'ritual' character. If it had failed in hardcore, wouldn't it have moved to standard?

"
You better have the right mechanics in place and physically dodge everything, or you are toast. Which for a jugg build is different than most people expect. Anything that interrupts leap-slam, like any juiced up t16 with a snare ritual? Oneshot.

I just stand still and keep ice crashing and oneshot everything as it spawns. If the ritual is super juicy and has bosses and such to deal with, that is much more of a mechanical challenge, but it would be as challenging for any build with normal defenses for doing endgame content.

"
I challenge you to find your gear on a less than 30ex budget atm. Prob not even 50ex. Not happening

My current gear is over 50ex, for sure, but I cleared the Atlas in the first week of the league with much less investment and have been farming several ex per day with this character comfortably since. Before I got my chest (cost 15ex), weapon (about 18ex from harvest craft buying) boots (about 7ex) and culling strike gloves (another few ex), I had done all watchstones and was comfortably doing maven 10 boss fights. So I would say as long as you can generate between 10-15ex over the course of your initial atlas completion you will scale the build just fine into farming t16s, and that's easy to do if you know how to make money.

"
Now tell me none of your other characters did the currency farming and you did in fact run this as your first char this season? Thought so.

This is my only character in ritual softcore at the moment. All of my other characters are from previous leagues. I think you're grasping at straws here, mate.

"
critique is going to be a part of any thread and helps people to make an informed decision

Then hopefully you can accept ours. The viability of the build comes down to the person playing and scaling it. If you're not comfortable with leap slam and warcries or making smart investments for a juggernaut that leaps into the fray with every opportunity, this probably isn't a build for you.

I'm in love with this build and I'll stand up for its viability wherever I go.
Last edited by JekoJeko on Feb 5, 2021, 11:36:41 AM
On the subject of swapping out fortify and putting it on leap slam, concentrated effect might be a good shout for bossing with this build. Seems like the highest dps increase you can get, and the aoe loss would be fine vs single target. I would however worry that fortify on leap slam would decrease its uptime during fights where you can have extended periods of having to dodge things without being able to jump onto the boss. The Maven's ice blast attack comes to mind.
I'm really enjoying this build. As a league starter I've had no issues. I've spent 1 exa on a Fleshripper and about 50c spread on a Crown of the Inward Eye (add some hp and dmg), a Pendemonius Beads (more hp and res), and a ring for more hp. I'm still below the 5k hp comfort level, but I'm saving up for a Stygian vice, eyeball, and decent jewels (Some good watchers eyes would absorb my res/life needs and free up rings for more dmg). Ele res's are over cap and chaos res is about 25%. I find Forbidden taste an excellent instant hp draught once chaos res is positive. If I'm lucky and get a harvest craft for re-rolling life mod's, I might risk my armor.

I do get one-shot(It's PoE, it happens), and lag-killed occasionally(10 year old potato), but no game-stoppers. Once I get my hp up, this should become less common.

Thanks for the build. If you see something I've overlooked, or have a suggestion, let me know.
This is probably posted somewhere earlier in the thread but I can't find it for the life of me, so just gonna post a new question. How do you craft a decent fleshripper (assume I'm a total beginner at crafting in this game)?
If you aren't an experienced player and/or don't make at least 20+ex per league, I wouldn't recommend attempting this build. Requires mechanical skills, multiple constant button presses and immense mental fortitude to deal with the constant 1 shots to chaos damage and lack of layered defenses. Yes the damage can end up at the stated amount with massive amounts of investment, but to the average player this build just isn't going to make it through end game bosses, most map corruption modifiers will also pound the unwary player to paste if they don't have very very quick fingers. Tried it out with starter/medium gear and it just doesn't feel comfortable to me. Not meaning to sound negative in any way, just giving my opinion to those who might be considering this build.
Hey all,

im quite new to this build but its really fun so far.
i have a question what to maybe upgrade next, i feel like im lacking crit chance a lot.

Also another question is about movespeed, could i run 1 movespeed flask or maybe rare boots with movespeed?

And leveling CWDT would be also a big thing in terms of survivability, right?
"
Razor656 wrote:
Hey all,

Also another question is about movespeed, could i run 1 movespeed flask or maybe rare boots with movespeed?

And leveling CWDT would be also a big thing in terms of survivability, right?

Two tone boots might help with some move speed and make it easier to balance resists. You just need some way to avoid stuns if you do that. Or you could replace your life flask with a Quicksilver and just rely on Enduring Cry to heal yourself.

A +Crit check should help a lot, and you can get and you could get a good one for a few exalts.

I run two CWDT setups, one high level one for defense (immortal call and molten shell), and a low level one for frostbite/frostbomb, which you could also slot blood rage into.
Last edited by workmabt on Feb 8, 2021, 12:29:03 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info