[3.16] g00fy_goober's do it all Arc Trapper (Easily Clear All Content)

Shame there is no pre-cluster tree, is it viable without cluster jewels? I want to play try in SSF.

I made a couple of trees with Devotion and Heart of thunder, or scion wheel, any suggestions? I dropped eldrich battery, and went with quick recovery / heart and soul, but those could be respecced into EB

https://pastebin.com/uBF984yc

hmm I levelled up and I see why EB is needed :D
Last edited by dookleeto on Jan 8, 2022, 2:11:24 PM
This build easily cost 300+ exalts the way you have this in POB. Is there a league starter or a cheap version?
"
toussaint89 wrote:
This build easily cost 300+ exalts the way you have this in POB. Is there a league starter or a cheap version?

1.) You must literally be insane. The cost is nowhere near 300 ex, I even re looked up the pob just to look. Obviously you do not count awakened gems as you just run with regular until you can afford them.... cluster jewels are literally the cheapest of any build. Trap/mine ones are so easy to roll or super cheap to buy for any trap/mine build. And the large one is usually between 1-2 ex.

Most of the gear you wear is prty damn cheap and you obviously don't have to have multimods and such until you get to that point. Getting wands with +1 gems, high crit chance, light dmg to spells, and like 60-80 spell dmg will be less than an exalt.

Most of the rest of your gear (besides amulet) is pretty basic life/res stuff and is super cheap.

After that all you really have is bottled faith and watchers eye which are obvious upgrades once you get money.

Entire build should be able to be done on 10ex or less (minus amulet) and again obviously the POB is going to be the final version of gear that you want. Not some crazy out of hand min/maxed 6 t1 mod pieces, but you obviously don't need to have that stuff at the start.

2.) The build is actually MUCH better to do on LL version: https://pastebin.com/jLcziCBw

Though it is still saved under the name "TEST lightning trap build" but very quickly changed to arc traps over lighting trap because it is better in every way.

3.) Just want to throw out that arc is getting a big buff to damage but supports like cluster traps are getting a HUGE damage reduction penalty so might want to be careful about that.

4.) I am very happy to announce that I will no longer be updating or making any more build guides. So best of luck on w/e you decide to do next league.
1 Wand alone cost 30ex to 50ex to have all the stats in the pob version. Plus the big gem clusters are just as much. I'm only seeing them for 30ex+
"
toussaint89 wrote:
1 Wand alone cost 30ex to 50ex to have all the stats in the pob version. Plus the big gem clusters are just as much. I'm only seeing them for 30ex+

Just because the league is beyond dead and at the very very end of it and only a handful of ppl have things up with complete insane prices on them does not mean that is what something is worth.

As I said in the post you can very easily get +1 gem, 100+ crit, 60-80% spell dmg, and t2 or t1 light dmg to spells for between like .5ex and 2ex. Getting 4 mods is not that hard nor that expensive.

Also as I said before I just did this build (thought the low life conversion part of it) and paid 1 ex each for the large clusters.
"
toussaint89 wrote:

I just levelled to 92 very comfortably in SSF without any great gear or cluster jewels. here is my tree and gear:

https://pastebin.com/wnDDAPae

tinkerskin and unique flasks are by no means mandatory, can use ssf rare gear in any slot.

I personally prefer using grace to wrath, general map clear is great, I am a little squishy to certain boss mechanics, for some things you will want to swap in wrath for bosses.

Works fine as a softcore league starter.
Last edited by dookleeto on Jan 28, 2022, 10:40:48 AM
"
g00fy_goober wrote:

4.) I am very happy to announce that I will no longer be updating or making any more build guides. So best of luck on w/e you decide to do next league.

Very sorry to hear that, thanks for all your hard work, it is much appreciated.
I had fun with this one in the last days of 3.16 I will give it a run as it is just to see how it holds now

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info