[3.16 - RETIRING BUILD] VD Brands: S-Tier Bosser, A-Tier Map! -- MURDERED BY GGG_INTERN SOMEWHERE--

"
gibtuck wrote:
I've got this slowly up and running with the below setup-- transferred over from SSF to finish challenges so my crafting bench is all sorts of fucked, but I was able to turn on Leadership's price with the below gear:

I've got the dual cluster setup going, 2x Threads, my only gripe at the moment is the mana seems completely unsustainable without multiple pieces of gear that have flat mana gained on hit, leech doesn't seem it would be fast enough without rate. I can't see where we'd have the budget for that roll on the gear as is though, how are you guys dealing with that? Each VD cast is 50 mana with my gear and desecrate is a little under 30. Ignore the Channeling mana skills craft on the ring, that was from the previous summoner build I was running for a CWC Desecrate setup. Even with 2x -Cost for Non Channeling Skills, I think we'd still be at ~35 mana per cast on VD.

Build is definitely strong and tanky, just mechanically it feels like there's gotta be something I'm missing here.

Do you have essence glutton ascendancy? with essence glutton and one -7 elreon ring I sustain 6 link w/out flask.
"
gibtuck wrote:
I've got this slowly up and running with the below setup-- transferred over from SSF to finish challenges so my crafting bench is all sorts of fucked, but I was able to turn on Leadership's price with the below gear:

I've got the dual cluster setup going, 2x Threads, my only gripe at the moment is the mana seems completely unsustainable without multiple pieces of gear that have flat mana gained on hit, leech doesn't seem it would be fast enough without rate. I can't see where we'd have the budget for that roll on the gear as is though, how are you guys dealing with that? Each VD cast is 50 mana with my gear and desecrate is a little under 30. Ignore the Channeling mana skills craft on the ring, that was from the previous summoner build I was running for a CWC Desecrate setup. Even with 2x -Cost for Non Channeling Skills, I think we'd still be at ~35 mana per cast on VD.

Build is definitely strong and tanky, just mechanically it feels like there's gotta be something I'm missing here.

Drop Awakened Fire Pen, go with Inspiration (Divergent Inspiration even) and watch your 50 mana cost become 18 or something.

The minor damage increase from Awakened Fire pen is NOT WORTH the damage drop from losing suffixes to not having Commander of Darkness, plus the Inspiration crit chance actually helps out your corpse explosions a fair bit.

(Also, spend 30c to get the -8 mana cost craft!!)
💥💫BB Unloader 1000% AoE 70m DPS🗡️🔪🔫: view-thread/3466787
FlickerCoC Ice Nova / Spear Assassin: view-thread/3225536
🔨⚡CWC Lightning Conduit Mjolner Trickster: view-thread/3300148
VD Arcanist Brand Necro: view-thread/2911667
Last edited by primaeva on Aug 30, 2021, 8:35:31 PM
"
Camatoo wrote:
I suck at crafting, i got this
by spamming some chaos on it, out of sheer boredom. I wonder, since i used 10+ horrors on it and never got lucky with conc effect mod. Would this suffice? Do we even need hypothermia?

Im not looking for a perfect mirror tier helmet, but just one who is good enough for "normal" endgame like A8 Sirus and uber bosses.

I want to emphasize that the base crit chance from a perfectly crafted dual influenced helm isn’t really needed like it used to be. The corpse explosions get 15% base crit chance from brittle, which is absolutely massive, so the +3% crit chance from the helm is a luxury.

30% more elements damage from essence of horror is not trivial and you really should have it on your helm. You can search trade for helms with hypothermia and conc effect to see if it’s something that you can sell.
"
Camatoo wrote:
I suck at crafting, i got this
by spamming some chaos on it, out of sheer boredom. I wonder, since i used 10+ horrors on it and never got lucky with conc effect mod. Would this suffice? Do we even need hypothermia?

Im not looking for a perfect mirror tier helmet, but just one who is good enough for "normal" endgame like A8 Sirus and uber bosses.

This would suffice, just that your clear would be slightly weaker since Hypothermia is a 'conditional' - mobs will only be hit by a 6L VD Ball if your skitterbots have rushed to them ahead of time.

If clear is no issue, then you have a functioning 6L against Sirus 8, etc, and should have an easy time doing all bosses. :)

Ultimate-Chad Leo just slammed conc effect into my last open slot XD
thanks, mapping feels smooth, just the single target seems to be lacking a bit. Could just be the mechanic behin arcanist brand.

Sometimes i produce corpes and use the other arcanist setup, but it doesnt spawn orbs for some reason. It happends rarley, but still.
"
Camatoo wrote:
thanks, mapping feels smooth, just the single target seems to be lacking a bit. Could just be the mechanic behin arcanist brand.

Sometimes i produce corpes and use the other arcanist setup, but it doesnt spawn orbs for some reason. It happends rarley, but still.

Ah yes, I am finishing the tutorial video today, but in the meantime you can watch the Bosskill showcase on page 1 to see how to handle bosses. Just place 2 brands and chill, no need for 4. If you place 4, you may not get the right combination of 2.

(helm has anamolous VD and awakened Cascade on it, they are being leveled in my elehit atm)

Finally made the item that I want, how should I "finish" it. Should I risk it and try to slam life and craft more area of effect, or block life and just roll an exalt from bestiary. In my point of view, for this build, this helm does not need crit mod. (but crit mod adds such an high value on the helm if you wanna sell it for some reason)

The build has so high damage and very tanky! But I didn't like map clearing with it. So slow for my taste. I am using my elehit for the clear and do the hard contents with this one.

I should mention that I don't have an explody chest. I have tried it with an explody chest, it didn't improve much for me. The packs did die in nearly exactly same time.

Big thanks @primaeva for sharing such a build!
Last edited by arda820 on Aug 31, 2021, 3:24:00 AM
"
arda820 wrote:

(helm has anamolous VD and awakened Cascade on it, they are being leveled in my elehit atm)

Finally made the item that I want, how should I "finish" it. Should I risk it and try to slam life and craft more area of effect, or block life and just roll an exalt from bestiary. In my point of view, for this build, this helm does not need crit mod. (but crit mod adds such an high value on the helm if you wanna sell it for some reason)

The build has so high damage and very tanky! But I didn't like map clearing with it. So slow for my taste. I am using my elehit for the clear and do the hard contents with this one.

I should mention that I don't have an explody chest. I have tried it with an explody chest, it didn't improve much for me. The packs did die in nearly exactly same time.

Big thanks @primaeva for sharing such a build!

Holy crap, that Strength roll is INSANE D: Super high value. It definitely does not need crit mod, ahaha, not with Brittle.

Ah, I think explodey chests only really make a difference once you start really juicing stuff (multiple Sextants, 100% Deli, 40% pack size etc) because then the stuff can really chain. Helps a lot in Logbooks too! :D

I'm glad you enjoyed it! Hopefully we see some buffs to this 0.0% skill in 3.16 and beyond.
(I couldn't manage to "quote" you Hehe)

I did %100 deli fully juiced map. It was not deathless tho but it was smooth. Very smooth. I am %100 sure it would be way better with explody chest.

OK, New project for me:
Explody + frenzy on hit + 80+life + open prefix
+ high dex(or high single resistance)

I could even go elevated explode
Last edited by arda820 on Aug 31, 2021, 4:32:44 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info