[3.16 - RETIRING BUILD] VD Brands: S-Tier Bosser, A-Tier Map! -- MURDERED BY GGG_INTERN SOMEWHERE--

Nah, I had laptop and I had like 15 fps max, this is new laptop, bought this one in 2020 ;/
"
Arfihk wrote:
Nah, I had laptop and I had like 15 fps max, this is new laptop, bought this one in 2020 ;/

Hmm shit dude, try out this thing called undervolting - it helped me a LOT. I'm on a 5-year old laptop too.

These two things did actually:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfIxf73RGEg&t=75s

https://old.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/him2l4/for_those_struggling_with_performance_even_with/
💥💫BB Unloader 1000% AoE 70m DPS🗡️🔪🔫: view-thread/3466787
FlickerCoC Ice Nova / Spear Assassin: view-thread/3225536
🔨⚡CWC Lightning Conduit Mjolner Trickster: view-thread/3300148
VD Arcanist Brand Necro: view-thread/2911667
Thanks
hi,

thanks for this guide and specially the insights on the spectre-corpse-thematics. though playing a different build its really intresting :-)

may i add a few questions regarding this?
- how do u calculate the 380k dmg for Primal Crushclaw? poedb says lvl 82 has 51217 life and 1200% increase. this would be >600k life...?
- what is the chance to get one of these corpses
- is it useful to summon 2 spectres as PC? or just one PC? or the combination from PC with another high health monster like Stoneskin Flayer / Lithomancer mentioned by you? how does this change the chances to gain one of ether corpses?

thanks in advance!
"
dreadking_ wrote:
hi,

thanks for this guide and specially the insights on the spectre-corpse-thematics. though playing a different build its really intresting :-)

may i add a few questions regarding this?
- how do u calculate the 380k dmg for Primal Crushclaw? poedb says lvl 82 has 51217 life and 1200% increase. this would be >600k life...?
- what is the chance to get one of these corpses
- is it useful to summon 2 spectres as PC? or just one PC? or the combination from PC with another high health monster like Stoneskin Flayer / Lithomancer mentioned by you? how does this change the chances to gain one of ether corpses?

thanks in advance!

Hiya!

The math is derived from a bunch of research that I credited the respective authors with in the DPS calc here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1L0wdbBJbg8jaqIPlfZUpEpAEbzpp3aqdnXa-AdVGYbk/

TL:DR You must use mob base corpse life from this spreadsheet:

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/8fqsx1/monster_health_and_other_monster_stats_spreadsheet/

So that's 15149 for a 83 zone (and it goes up in T19, which is why the build continues to crap on T19 Delirium bosses).

15149 * 1400% (Primal Crushclaw) = 212k, then you multiply by Undertaker cluster and Corpse Pact increased maximum life (30% + 50% increased = 1.8 multiplier) = 381k.

You do that again for Stoneskin Flayer, then average the two to get 300k @ T16.

And then ThisisBadger ran his own tests on Desecrate pulling Spectres - we use these values. He also actually documented how much the likelihood goes up wwith additional Spectres: https://youtu.be/hayhnBg6gOk?t=751

^ Thank god for these people or I'd have to find those values myself.

So then you use 1.49 * (average Spectre corpse health) + 7.51 * (regular T16 corpse - average) for the basic 9-explosion VD.

Also, for the same reasons, every VDSSer should be running Raise Spectre. It won't increase their damage as much as it does for this build (because we don't scale Spell / Flat Damage but heavily invest in Crit / Global / Fire damage), but for 1-slot increase you can't ignore it, even as VDSS.

(Shocked that more VDSS guides don't cover this...)
Last edited by primaeva on Jul 24, 2020, 8:36:11 AM
Ehh, I tried to switch Direct 11 to Vulcan and now I can't even launch PoE, instant crash ;'C
"
Arfihk wrote:
Ehh, I tried to switch Direct 11 to Vulcan and now I can't even launch PoE, instant crash ;'C

:O Make sure your current graphic card driver supports Vulkan.

If not, go to production_Config.ini, then find the line renderer_type=Vulkan and change it to renderer_type=DirectX11
I changed it, thanks.
I think I will try again this build xD, and when you will be online in-game? Maybe I will get some questions to you.
"
Arfihk wrote:
I think I will try again this build xD, and when you will be online in-game? Maybe I will get some questions to you.

Ah I'm usually out on the weekends so either here is a great place to ask them (since other players can see them + it's search indexed) or on my Youtube/Reddit threads (because those actually give me push notifications..!)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info