[3.16 - RETIRING BUILD] VD Brands: S-Tier Bosser, A-Tier Map! -- MURDERED BY GGG_INTERN SOMEWHERE--

"
Allamokia wrote:
"
Spell_Binding wrote:
The build look interesting, but i have some question about the build

1.How do you guys leveling the character ? are you guys doing it using another skill or just use the arcanist brand+volatile dead as soon as possilbe ?

2.What should i prioritize to buy first, and whats stats to look for ?

3.How is the survivability-wise ? is it often get one-shotted ?

Thanks for answering ! I'm really looking forward to play the build.

1. You need character level 90+ before switching to this build. You could level it as Volatile Dead Spell Slinger Necromancer or some Armageddon/Storm brand.

2. Build centers around Leadership's Price amulet (balance of Str and Int) and honestly requires assembling all the gear pieces before you can swap. I believe awoken spell cascade and level 20 Desecrate are also mandatory.

Items that can wait are Unnatural Instinct (generic +hp/mp/dmg/int) and Watcher's Eye(unlocks boots slot)

3. Survivability: as long as your brands are out and proccing you are almost immortal. Unfortunately when they run out you die fast. Either to ailments still left on you, degens or some random stun.

Two small items:
Pit of Chimera boss is a nightmare - he goes into cloud and you're defenseless trying to find him - since most of defensive power comes from interaction with target (Life on Hit, Sap, Fortify)

It's possible to attach 2 VD or 2 Desecrate Brands to boss with brand recall and die that way.

Ah, I have a huge tip for you for Chimera.

1) He always spawns after killing the last mobs in middle long enough for you to proc a Fortify. Drop your brands, recall twice, corpses will appear, Spin to get Bone Offering up. Now you have 75% attack block and Fortify. He shouldn't be able to kill you through all that mitigation unless you're missing clouds! In fact, I don't even think you need Bone Offering for 70% Attack Block :o
💥💫BB Unloader 1000% AoE 70m DPS🗡️🔪🔫: view-thread/3466787
FlickerCoC Ice Nova / Spear Assassin: view-thread/3225536
🔨⚡CWC Lightning Conduit Mjolner Trickster: view-thread/3300148
VD Arcanist Brand Necro: view-thread/2911667
"
primaeva wrote:
"
Allamokia wrote:
"
Spell_Binding wrote:
The build look interesting, but i have some question about the build

1.How do you guys leveling the character ? are you guys doing it using another skill or just use the arcanist brand+volatile dead as soon as possilbe ?

2.What should i prioritize to buy first, and whats stats to look for ?

3.How is the survivability-wise ? is it often get one-shotted ?

Thanks for answering ! I'm really looking forward to play the build.

1. You need character level 90+ before switching to this build. You could level it as Volatile Dead Spell Slinger Necromancer or some Armageddon/Storm brand.

2. Build centers around Leadership's Price amulet (balance of Str and Int) and honestly requires assembling all the gear pieces before you can swap. I believe awoken spell cascade and level 20 Desecrate are also mandatory.

Items that can wait are Unnatural Instinct (generic +hp/mp/dmg/int) and Watcher's Eye(unlocks boots slot)

3. Survivability: as long as your brands are out and proccing you are almost immortal. Unfortunately when they run out you die fast. Either to ailments still left on you, degens or some random stun.

Two small items:
Pit of Chimera boss is a nightmare - he goes into cloud and you're defenseless trying to find him - since most of defensive power comes from interaction with target (Life on Hit, Sap, Fortify)

It's possible to attach 2 VD or 2 Desecrate Brands to boss with brand recall and die that way.

Ah, I have a huge tip for you for Chimera.

1) He always spawns after killing the last mobs in middle long enough for you to proc a Fortify. Drop your brands, recall twice, corpses will appear, Spin to get Bone Offering up. Now you have 75% attack block and Fortify. He shouldn't be able to kill you through all that mitigation unless you're missing clouds! In fact, I don't even think you need Bone Offering for 70% Attack Block :o

Just reading all the things that you guys said really makes me want to play the build, but the requirement (Lv90++ to play the build and have 2 stat with the same value) makes me think twice to try the build lol.

Thank you so much for the answer tho !
Any guidance on what necro build to level as until 90? I could play minions but I don't want to spend a bunch of money on a build that's only acting as a platform for me to start the next build lol.
"
FlashR7 wrote:
Any guidance on what necro build to level as until 90? I could play minions but I don't want to spend a bunch of money on a build that's only acting as a platform for me to start the next build lol.

If you have capital and are in trade, Armageddon Brand with pretty much the same tree (Cast Speed Nodes + Enigmatic Reach + Staff Nodes + Duskdawn + Claws of the Pride Anoint for levelling speed and DPS) will get you to 80+, then you can start popping the VDs. The corpse damage only really comes online at Desecrate 20. So theoretically, you could start killing stuff as early at 72 with just corpse explosion damage. It's just - you NEED clusters for the brands to not feel crap, hence the level requirement.

"
primaeva wrote:
"
FlashR7 wrote:

If you have capital and are in trade, Armageddon Brand with pretty much the same tree (Cast Speed Nodes + Enigmatic Reach + Staff Nodes + Duskdawn + Claws of the Pride Anoint for levelling speed and DPS) will get you to 80+, then you can start popping the VDs. The corpse damage only really comes online at Desecrate 20. So theoretically, you could start killing stuff as early at 72 with just corpse explosion damage. It's just - you NEED clusters for the brands to not feel crap, hence the level requirement.

Appreciate the ideas. I'll probably grab the items for the build and respec my tree and go for arma brand till around 80-85. I leveled as hollow palm and got to 73 before I got tired of it lol. Thanks
For shields: Light of Lunaris is dirt cheap and offers about a 25% increase in damage over a rare shield. It also offers more block.

The downside is, it doesn't offer ES on Block like a rare shield or aurora would. That said, on the crit version of this build, Light of Lunaris + Doryani's Catalyst is coming in at around 8.5 Million damage.
Last edited by SoulGambit on Aug 29, 2021, 3:46:18 PM
Biggest weakness I find is degens like sirus spinny thing and ground degens. What do you guys think can we do to either add some passive regen or dot defense?
"
Biggest weakness I find is degens like sirus spinny thing and ground degens. What do you guys think can we do to either add some passive regen or dot defense?

Leap slam away with 256++% attack speed, hopefully :o

Bossing vid here includes how to handle all Sirus phases:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWuufXg2Fu8
Last edited by primaeva on Aug 29, 2021, 4:00:45 PM
Ive done al8 a few times because of the raw damage, but it never feels comfortable. Especially the spinning laser does more damage than I'm used to.
"
Ive done al8 a few times because of the raw damage, but it never feels comfortable. Especially the spinning laser does more damage than I'm used to.

Ah, if it's your bane: you can Flame Dash across them, negating damage entirely.

https://youtu.be/Urt2OkuehQo?t=180

The beams always come at the same angle at the clones so position at a 45-deg to them. Then jump across the gaps - Flame Dash gives you 3 goes, so you have spare to dash away from a Sirus Die Beam.
Last edited by primaeva on Aug 29, 2021, 7:37:10 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info