3.13 Bladeblast Chieftain. GG HC build. high dmg/clear/surv. Blasting awakener! Strong as ever!

Some very noob questions.

1. How do you get the blade blast gem as a marauder? Do the gem vendors in the epilogue sell it (I haven't played in a while)?

2. Should I switch over to blade blast when I meet the level requirement? Or should I really just wait until starting maps? I guess this is preference.
Is there a leveling tree for SSF?
The leveling tree posted requires way too many regret orbs for so early in the game.

Also what are some good skills for leveling? I plan to play this in The Gauntlet.
The Warcry has 8 seconds cooldown and seems ridiculous to play with. I'd rather Leapslam to trigger the Eartshatter.
I'm asking some questions when I look high level builds on POE.Ninja :

- How do you generate endurance charges... Only with Valako or there are other mechanisms?

- How do you augment chance to block attack or spell to a decent rate? Nobody has jewel or things with this stats?

(For levelling I used Purifiying flame and flame totem and I switched at act 6... But I think I'm too bad to give good advices!)
with enduring cry and the accendency.

rest of your questions i dont get. read the guide word by word. 99% of written is 100% accurate still
is this a good boss killer?

and also is 150 ex a good budget to do all content + bosses?
I just hit level 100 with this build.

I mapped up to 98 and Chayula'd the last 2 to 100.

I spent less than 25 ex on equipment, and about double that on Chayula breachstones.

Most expensive Item was the body armour at 7.5ex, then the helmet at 3.5ex. A lot of the stuff was cheap because I bought it for less than an ex and then added a single harvest craft to make a much more valuable item.

None of my equipment is best in slot, proving that top equipment is not necessary for this build at all. It killed Sirius 9, and Pure Chayula without deaths.

I never switched skitterbots on as I don't have any reduced mana reserved. Never got concentrated effect on helmet.

8396hps+2746es = 11142 Ehp.

Path of Building: https://pastebin.com/8hk2m8Uc
Last edited by Caithster on Mar 7, 2021, 8:15:14 AM
*Insane build, I totally recommend it! I have mained this build the whole league and I absolutely love it.

*Things I have done with ease:
- Farmed Uber Elder/Sirus 9 deathless.
- Done Maven with no issues.
- The Feared and all other messed up invitations without ever being in danger.
- Simulacrum is a joke.
- I am about to hit 100 by just mapping/farming Alva for profit. Never actually "trying" not to die by dumbing down map mods because it is very hard to die anyways, if you pay attention to your surroundings (I do, however, not recommend "-max res" on maps because that is nasty)

*Basically, with quite a bit of investment, this build wrecks the endgame.

*My gear:

Spoiler

*My PoB: https://pastebin.com/wEjhwr8H

*Notes:
- My chest piece can still have more life, will be perfecting it.
- My Glorious vanity has some chaos res and damage mostly.
- Swap out cold snap in the sceptre for frost bomb during Maven witnessed Uber Elder/Cortex/Shaper.
- TLDR, if you skip checking PoB: 48 mil DPS and 8.8k life (soon 9k)
Last edited by vyrosie on Mar 8, 2021, 3:51:24 PM
"
vyrosie wrote:
*Insane build, I totally recommend it! I have mained this build the whole league and I absolutely love it.

- Simulacrum is a joke.
- I am about to hit 100 by just mapping/farming Alva for profit. Never actually "trying" not to die by dumbing down map mods because it is very hard to die anyways, if you pay attention to your surroundings (I do, however, not recommend "-max res" on maps because that is nasty)

*My gear:

Spoiler

*Notes:
- Swap out cold snap in the sceptre for frost bomb during Maven witnessed Uber Elder/Cortex/Shaper.

awesome looking build!

I noticed you stayed with Divine flesh (and invested in 5% to the cap to keep the cap at 85% like the old days) instead of moving to the Immortal Ambition/Soul Corruption combo the build guide recommends.

Did you find the Divine Flesh version stronger for your build?
"
"
vyrosie wrote:

- Simulacrum is a joke.

*My gear:

Spoiler

*Notes:

awesome looking build!

I noticed you stayed with Divine flesh (and invested in 5% to the cap to keep the cap at 85% like the old days) instead of moving to the Immortal Ambition/Soul Corruption combo the build guide recommends.

Did you find the Divine Flesh version stronger for your build?

Personally, I do prefer the version I am playing mostly because I cba to change his setup. At one point, my char could literally just farm the endgame bosses with no problems, never being in danger of death even if I had a few hickups here and there due to severe ADD, so I just rolled with it, lmao. I challenged this dude the whole league. From doing 100% juiced as hell deli maps (t16), to farming Cortex/UE/Simulacrum repeatedly and he just seemed to not want to die.
Last edited by vyrosie on Mar 12, 2021, 12:12:51 AM
"
vyrosie wrote:

Personally, I do prefer the version I am playing mostly because I cba to change his setup. At one point, my char could literally just farm the endgame bosses with no problems, never being in danger of death even if I had a few hickups here and there due to severe ADD, so I just rolled with it, lmao. I challenged this dude the whole league. From doing 100% juiced as hell deli maps (t16), to farming Cortex/UE/Simulacrum repeatedly and he just seemed to not want to die.

fabulous!

I struggled with Vigilant Strike when I played this build. I found it too slow to use to keep Fortify procced. I tried to switch to Shield Charge with Fortify but that movement skill is so much worse than Flame Dash.

I am thinking of playing this build again next league if there are no nerfs and I might try another way to get Fortify.

This build blocks constantly. I think I may use a technique I have used in other similar max block builds and that is to use Reckoning. Reckoning will trigger constantly since we are always blocking.

Reckoning does not allow the Fortify Support gem to be used but there is a cluster jewel node called Overlord which grants Fortify on hit with a scepter (which is what will happen when Reckoning goes off). Since reckoning always triggers and always hitting, Fortify is up almost always when fighting.

The downside here is that we have to give up a jewel slot to squeeze in the Megalomaniac and the Overlord node is VERY popular so it can be expensive. Some leagues that one node can be 8ex, some leagues as little as 3ex.

The QOL though to never have to worry about fortify being up may be worth it. This will also leave an open gem socket which can be experimented with since we can remove Vigilant Strike and Ancestral Call. Linking Blind Support with Reckoning is a nice cheap way to sneak evasion into the build.

Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Mar 12, 2021, 1:27:55 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info