[3.17]Blazer's Flicker God![League Starter as Cyclone-Supreme Tank-35M+ DPS Maxed-Fast]ALL CONTENT

Need an opinion. Anybody know how to calculate DPS difference between 40% flicker damage helm enchant vs 9% damage/frenzy charge?

Is 40% better because it's consistent? At 5+ frenzy charges, you gain more damage with the 2nd option but that's assuming your charges are always 5 or more. So there's more potential for that, especially if you have 6 max frenzy like the minmaxed version, but you also have to consider how fast you lose frenzy charges with a 20/20 (21/23 in my case) flicker strike.

POB if interested: https://pastebin.com/6zgaiZLW
Last edited by Deicidasum on Feb 27, 2021, 9:05:16 AM
@deicidasum: yes, 40% is much much better than x%/frenzy because of exactly what you said: we are rarely attacking with 100% frenzy charges. The frenzy enchant really only helps maybe the first hit and only very very slightly (5% damage is basically nothing).

You can test this out by just staring at your Frenzy charges during mapping and estimate how often you have full frenzy charges. It's not often...

Leveling as a solo player is such a pain in the ass...
Last edited by jsuslak313 on Feb 27, 2021, 9:37:00 AM
For all those complaining about flicker sustain against bosses, I made the same mistake by having very high APS foil and overall attack speed (14-15+/sec) WITHOUT having awakened Multistrike.

I've been farming harbies for a couple days now and finally saved up enough for one and it makes a world of difference. I used to run out of frenzies about 1-2 seconds into boss (if boss was still alive) but I just tried this on all four shaper guardians and was able to sustain flicker no problem. I have 6 max frenzies, 20/20 anomalous flicker for reference.

I tested a potential fix by equipping regular multistrike and swapping my 2+ APS foil for one that had 1.83 APS, and ran another guardian. It was much smoother and I only slowed down slightly once. So if you don't have awakened multistrike and you are upgrading foils, go for the one that has lower APS (assuming same pDPS) and it will help a lot with sustain.

PM me if you have any questions. My gear is nowhere near min maxed but I'm about 125ex deep and it is starting to feel really good.
Have a gear trade off question.

Obtained a HH earlier this league through some luck. Should I sell it for exalts to buy a flicker strike enchant helm, awakened multi strike, a decent foil (not high end) and ryslatha coil? I'm not sure if the trade-off is worth it. Also still relatively new at the game although I'm learning a lot this season!
As per RicePaddyDaddy's remarks but unresolved. I run an Anomalous Flicker Strike 20/20, using a Paradoxica (1.51 aps), have 6 Frenzy charges and I (at times) get the "my spirit is low" line. This happens with mobs as well as bosses.

Considering that I am using a 0.38% of physical leeched as mana and + 2 mana per emeny hit, shouln't I be ok with that issue? Unreserved mana is 81, flicker cost is 34.

PS- Using Awakened MS.

Current Pbin - https://pastebin.com/QZm2csJN
Last edited by NaineNoire on Feb 28, 2021, 9:10:18 AM
Which of the 6l gems are you supposed to switch when it comes to single target damage? I see you mentioning dps with splash and without splash? but a few of the PoB list different things.

Also, are you supposed to tap flicker strike or hold down the button during general mapping? or does it depend on how fast you kill packs?
Last edited by ZombiesSlayer on Feb 28, 2021, 10:40:28 AM
I overcapped my chaos res, will Divine flesh be worth it? I assume this will be really hard to fit in tight tree
Last edited by SirAlexandr on Feb 28, 2021, 10:48:18 AM
"
ZombiesSlayer wrote:
Which of the 6l gems are you supposed to switch when it comes to single target damage? I see you mentioning dps with splash and without splash? but a few of the PoB list different things.

Just swap melee splash to close combat for single target. Or try something like Double Strike - Aw brutality - Aw multistrike - Aw melee phys - impale - Fortify/Ruthless for the big bosses like Maven
Is it true that we should not use Darksteel boots due to "you take 20% of damage from blocked hits" ? Do I get it right that those boots are bad for this build?

SicknatuREE - Ritual
"
DevilwalkHype wrote:
Is it true that we should not use Darksteel boots due to "you take 20% of damage from blocked hits" ? Do I get it right that those boots are bad for this build?

Yes, you shouldn't need them. As gladiator and with our tree you should have maxed out block chance on 100% damage. Using the boots gives you nothing and instead makes you take damage from blocks.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info