[3.11] Cold BV PF Indigon ft. RF | All content done in HC! | Fast mapper, safe boss-killer

Can someone explain how you actually play this build, I do 0 dmg with 100ex in this build ?
"
Ladoona wrote:
Can someone explain how you actually play this build, I do 0 dmg with 100ex in this build ?

I going to assume that you have no issues mapping, since you have an explody chest and the necessary hatred aura stacking. If you're talking about boss DPS, your main source of dps comes from your Indigon. You get most of your damage by ramping up your mana usage through repeatedly spamming blade vortex at the boss, which in turn gives you more spell damage. So your dps is always going to be limited by how much mana you can regen/recovery, which is why most people now run double clusters to maximize the Liquid Inspiration notables.

Indigon only takes into account the mana you've spent in the last 4 seconds, and since the maximum bonus you gain is 2000% spell damage, you can achieve that by spending 16,000 maximum mana spent over 4 seconds. There are other factors that you would need to take into account to reach these numbers (like your mana pool cast rate, etc.). So, the faster you can recover your mana, the faster you can spam your BV and ramp your damage up.

For now though, all you need to know is that to maximum your dps, you need to spam your BV and don't move too much under the boss.
Last edited by sabermetrics on Feb 26, 2021, 5:06:28 PM
I've been playing around with Hand of the Fervent and it was ~40% more damage with unoptimized mana recovery with a regular setup (still missing 20% mana recovery rate on belt, up to 40% flask mana recovery rate on tree, ~8.8% more mana recovery if using a divine flask.)

Your mana recovery gets shredded so bad you can't keep your mana spent up. With fully stacked mana recovery and basalt flask reducing the degen by another 25% it's probably pretty great. You lose unnerve/culling/glove stats and can't max conversion without a ridiculous sceptre though (probably have to dump 120ex to do it.)

Testing Nexus Gloves vs. Fingerless and the Nexus Gloves made it a lot easier to hit max stacks. If you're fully spec'd into mana recovery it would probably be almost no benefit and you lose 30% mana though. Fingerless are still probably better at the highest gear level I think. Any thoughts?

I did some testing with Agnostic and it really doesn't seem to hurt your recovery at all unless you're using Hand of the Fervent which shreds your life so fast. Even with RF it doesn't hurt you. You could argue it does absolutely nothing when Indigon recovers your life basically instantly. On reduced recovery maps it would keep you alive though.
I was wondering what the optimal setup for large cluster jewels are? I see a lot of variation and currently have 2 vengeful comnmander, widepsread destruction and prismatic heart.

Also hit this synthesis implicit on my boots, does this work for rage regen? Been having trouble maintaining rage stacks and was hoping to find out some ways of boosting uptime
Last edited by EU_Rogue on Feb 26, 2021, 10:54:58 PM
Looking for the last build of league.

I have around 120ex, would that make a good enough build for end game content? I have very little knowledge on crafting so buying is preferable but I can learn to craft.
It would very well.

Unless you are super unlucky like me and spend 35+ ex on trying to hit t1 hatred on a sceptre and still havent hit it!
"
EU_Rogue wrote:
I was wondering what the optimal setup for large cluster jewels are? I see a lot of variation and currently have 2 vengeful comnmander, widepsread destruction and prismatic heart.

Also hit this synthesis implicit on my boots, does this work for rage regen? Been having trouble maintaining rage stacks and was hoping to find out some ways of boosting uptime

Only "#% increased mana regeneration rate" is applied to rage instead of mana. All other mana-related stats still affects only mana.
hello guys! this one got my interest for long time but i always avoid playing coz of high budget requirement. but its enough and i just wanna try the build; just wanted to ask that with 15ex entry budget, which gears i should get first ?

this one always tempted me by its defensive capability but the fact we all need dps to progress at the end.. so for a decent overall entry, beside explode chest, wwhat order should i follow for gears ? watchhers eye, hatred wands etc..
There a guide how to craft sceptre a bit more SSF friendly, ie no redeemer exalting and rollbacks.

It looks like bound fossil to get hatred mod, hope to get mana, clean prefixes, block attacks, aug phys x 2. Not sure after that
"
sabermetrics wrote:
"
Ladoona wrote:

I going to assume that you have no issues mapping, since you have an explody chest and the necessary hatred aura stacking. If you're talking about boss DPS, your main source of dps comes from your Indigon. You get most of your damage by ramping up your mana usage through repeatedly spamming blade vortex at the boss, which in turn gives you more spell damage. So your dps is always going to be limited by how much mana you can regen/recovery, which is why most people now run double clusters to maximize the Liquid Inspiration notables.

Indigon only takes into account the mana you've spent in the last 4 seconds, and since the maximum bonus you gain is 2000% spell damage, you can achieve that by spending 16,000 maximum mana spent over 4 seconds. There are other factors that you would need to take into account to reach these numbers (like your mana pool cast rate, etc.). So, the faster you can recover your mana, the faster you can spam your BV and ramp your damage up.

For now though, all you need to know is that to maximum your dps, you need to spam your BV and don't move too much under the boss.

I now have got the hang of it thanks, managed to do the feared (one death) sirius deathless, mapping still feels a bit clunky so i think i might make a mapper and maybe drop the explode chest and go for something else any reccomendations?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info