Blizzard Games died yesterday!

I edited back to 'try not to insult people'.. which is a reasonable message. Carry on.
If you have account problems please [url="http://www.pathofexile.com/support"]Email Support[/url]
"
zeto wrote:
I edited back to 'try not to insult people'.. which is a reasonable message. Carry on.

Hah, it has quite a comical effect to it now.

Kinda like me and miljan acknowledging that this discussion isn't going anywhere.

EDIT: It was never meant as an insult in the first place.
I just thought it was fitting because you (miljan) suggested slapping people with a bunny.
''Stand amongst the ashes of a trillion dead souls and ask the ghosts if honor matters.
The silence is your answer.''

IGN: Vaeralyse
Last edited by Tagek on Apr 23, 2012, 9:57:53 AM
This is beginning to get ridiculous. D3 will be great, POE is already great, I promise you if you have both on your hard drive that the maw of Hell won't open up and unleash tentacle demons in your place of residence.

"
Disillusioned wrote:
This is beginning to get ridiculous. D3 will be great, POE is already great, I promise you if you have both on your hard drive that the maw of Hell won't open up and unleash tentacle demons in your place of residence.

That is assuming I am choosing one or the other.
I am doing exactly the opposite. :)

Just tired of people bashing D3 in general.
''Stand amongst the ashes of a trillion dead souls and ask the ghosts if honor matters.

Last edited by Tagek on Apr 23, 2012, 10:00:56 AM
"
Tagek wrote:
"
Disillusioned wrote:

There is a lot for people to bash, mind you. It was a strong deviation from D1 and D2, which justifiably made a lot of people angry.

Whether any individual likes the changes or not is purely their individual whim, and there will be many many opinions on the matter... so it's not really surprising is it?
If you have account problems please [url="http://www.pathofexile.com/support"]Email Support[/url]
"
Disillusioned wrote:

I can only wish....sigh....

Cthulu, Master, hear my call!
Destroy the Blizzard and free its squall!
We'll ravage and turn all straight to madness,
And then we'll dine on feast of gladness!

"
zeto wrote:
"
Tagek wrote:
"
Disillusioned wrote:

There is a lot for people to bash, mind you. It was a strong deviation from D1 and D2, which justifiably made a lot of people angry.

Whether any individual likes the changes or not is purely their individual whim, and there will be many many opinions on the matter... so it's not really surprising is it?

I still think it's not fair to bash the game, or to be more precise, call it 'bad' or whatever else.

For example: I used to be a big halo fan back in the days of halo 3. I played the hell out of that game.

Then came halo reach. It was not what I expected, as they had removed very skillfull elements from the game (Just like they removed build elements from D3).

However, despite me not liking Reach as much as Halo 3, to this day I have never, and I will never, bash the game or it's developer.

In fact, I acknowledge that it's an amazing game.
You can see the amount of love, detail and hard work bungie (the dev) has put into it.

My point: Even though you don't like the next iteration of a series, it doesn't mean it's a bad game, and acting like it is quite frankly makes you an A**.

"
zeto wrote:
"
Tagek wrote:
"
Disillusioned wrote:

My thoughts exactly. The main problem for me is the whole feel/look of the game not being the same as D1/D2 and as someone that loves not just art but has a fascination with the macabre, I'm thoroughly disappointed. There is little that can be done to change that.
"
Disillusioned wrote:

Ridiculous is that Blizz name this abomination they make Diablo that's what ridiculous and not only ridiculous it's an insult to Blizzard North devs and sacrilege for hardcore fans, that's what all those WoW devs deserve for mess with Diablo franchise & ruin it to the bone:

"
Tagek wrote:

My point: Even though you don't like the next iteration of a series, it doesn't mean it's a bad game, and acting like it is quite frankly makes you an A**.

I approve of your general message. And you know me, now comes a however:

However,
for many people it's neither just about a game nor just any developer.

The game in question is Diablo. Which for many gamers was what for others was Santa Claus, TMHT or maybe even He-Man: A very important part of their growing up.
Noticed the outrage about Bale and TMHT? I think this case is similar.

And the same goes for Blizzard as a whole. For many of us, they were not just another game developer. They were "one of us", they were special. They were your favourite uncle that always not only gave you the best toys but made damn sure you enjoyed them. Which is what every company out there dreams of: Customers loyal to the point of worship.

And the way Diablo fans have been treated by "their" Blizzard for their criticism of the change in art style, just to take an example, was callous, to say the least.
For many it may have felt like their favourite uncle had suddenly kicked their favourite puppy.

I think if you demand that you demand to view it as "just a game" it's a bit short-sighted. To some (many, even?) the Diablo franchise was much more.

And being disenfranchised from that against your will tends to foster anger, resentment and maybe in extreme cases even hate.

I'm not saying that to justify that behaviour, but to offer an explanation as to why feelings over Diablo III tend to be more extreme.
12/12/12 - the day Germany decided boys are not quite human.
Last edited by Avireyn on Apr 23, 2012, 10:35:12 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info