[3.12] Elemental Hit Wander (Assassin) | 40mil+ DPS | Durable | Screenwide Clear

"
toddliestew wrote:
I am looking for a build that maps fast and has good boss damage. I can invest about 50 ex. Would you recommend this build?

I have invested 5ex into this build and it melts maps already boss's drop quickly with 50ex you would probably delete them
Hey, stumbled upon your build and do really like it. One question though - Chaos damage will insta gib us, doesn't it?

Also (going over your budged build):

4k life
2k es
54% evade chance
phys red. 11%
block 17%
attack dodge chance 58%
spell dodge chance 48%

when reading this (and your min/max is 2x the dps but no change in defense if I don't overlook something) I feel like hitting the ground pretty often... is this more a glascannon style? Thus you'd have to know the Boss mechanics pretty well to not die all the time, is that right?

meaning - can you elaborate on the "never die" a littlebit?
(just coming from a spectre necro with 6.5life + 500 es and dying sometimes to weird mechaniks but don't see anything will all those minions)

Thanks and keep it up!

Update: the budged version is like 1-2ex + armor, what does a min/max cost approximately?
Last edited by snietschie2 on Jul 14, 2020, 1:34:01 PM
"
Tilduh wrote:

I have invested 5ex into this build and it melts maps already boss's drop quickly with 50ex you would probably delete them

do u die very often? what does boss melting mean for you? guardians, sirius, what can u do with this build?

Thanks!
How is the survivability for this build so far?
"
snietschie2 wrote:
Hey, stumbled upon your build and do really like it. One question though - Chaos damage will insta gib us, doesn't it?

Also (going over your budged build):

4k life
2k es
54% evade chance
phys red. 11%
block 17%
attack dodge chance 58%
spell dodge chance 48%

when reading this (and your min/max is 2x the dps but no change in defense if I don't overlook something) I feel like hitting the ground pretty often... is this more a glascannon style? Thus you'd have to know the Boss mechanics pretty well to not die all the time, is that right?

meaning - can you elaborate on the "never die" a littlebit?
(just coming from a spectre necro with 6.5life + 500 es and dying sometimes to weird mechaniks but don't see anything will all those minions)

Thanks and keep it up!

Update: the budged version is like 1-2ex + armor, what does a min/max cost approximately?

Use both chaos pantheons and try to get chaos wherever you can. I made sure to put it on all my cluster jewels (very easy, just aug chaos on them). With just pantheon + elementary chaos from cluster jewels I never really felt threatened by most sources of chaos damage. You can opt for more in other spots like shield or potentially wand if you like.

"Never die" for me might be different for someone else. With 4k HP + 2k ES on an assassin with lots of layers, I don't really die. Maybe one time when I fell asleep for a few seconds in mapping from 85 to 95. It feels very tanky and safe, but perhaps the phrase is a bit deceptive as you can't simply take your hands off your keyboard completely or facetank multiple Minotaur slams. We are a soul tether build, so we need to be attacking, as long as we are moving and attacking, we will "never die" outside of freak cases.

Obviously though we aren't a Chieftain with 9k HP so it still comes down to the player often. My never die, might be someone else's die a few times, someone else's die many times. I remember I made a purifying flame chieftain with several layers and 7k HP and I had people complain about the survivability, so I made a specific section. It confused me though because I never died on that char, but it makes you realize survivability is very much tied to player and will vary player to player depending on their style of play, reflexes, game knowledge, etc...

All that being said I wouldn't say this is a glass cannon build. It's one of the tankier builds I've played because of the sheer amount of defenses, but yes, you cannot simply afk or take your mouse off the keyboard, and the player still has to be aware of potentially big incoming damage. I'ma change the title about as "never die" can be misleading and "never die" for me might not apply to someone else with a different playstyle or less experience.

Two noteworthy bullets missing in your defenses are Vaal Pact and Wind Dancer. Vaal Pact + Soul Tether allow for near instant refill of life/ES pools as long as we are attacking, and Wind Dancer for the most part acts as a flat 20% damage reduction because of how infrequently we get hit, especially against bosses. Not to mention assassin's innate flat damage reduction on both Mistwalker and Opportunistic, alongside the ability to easily have Fortify by subbing out Dash for Shield Charge (for me, fortify wasn't necessary).
Last edited by Anbokr on Jul 14, 2020, 2:21:48 PM
So, I think I just rolled a pretty GG timeless jewel for this build...

Seed 2617

Arcane Visions becomes Revitalising Falmes = 33% Inc Fire damage + 0.2% of fire damage leeched as life

10% Increased Attack Damage x2
8% Increased Projectile Damage
3% Increased Attack Speed
1% Chance To Dodge Spell Hits

Lots of good stuff in the unallocated areas too... some res nodes, more damage, movement speed...
Last edited by zz9za on Jul 14, 2020, 3:15:04 PM
Thanks a lot @Anbokr for the elaboration!
Hi OP. On the guide you are using glorious vanity but in the POB, it's intuitive leap.

Which one do you recommend or do we use both?
Hey why are we using the pyre if we block elemental hit from choosing cold in the first place?
"
DrPineapple21 wrote:
Hey why are we using the pyre if we block elemental hit from choosing cold in the first place?

1. Converts BEFORE the element is "chosen" so we get full benefit. Ele Hit has a metric SHITTOWN of base damage so that's alotta damage. The damage we get via Pyre is converted at 100% rather then the 50% for AoF
2. Fuck porcupines... we ignite everything with the clearing setup, and this makes all the corpses go away.

So to actually work an example...

Let's say our Ele Hit gem does 1000 of each element.

F: 1000 C: 1000 L: 1000

Now Pyre 40% Cold to Fire

F: 1400 C: 600 L: 1000

Now Avatar of Fire

F: 2200 C: 0 L: 0

So we deal 2200 fire damage. Without the Pyre conversion we'd do only 2000. 10% more damage is....good.
Last edited by zz9za on Jul 14, 2020, 10:42:52 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info