[3.14][Nerfed] Blade Blaster Assassin | 10m Sirus DPS | Zoom Zoom | Tanky | Deathless Sirus

"
xmlviking wrote:
Looking to try this build out. You mentioned in your "leveling section" that the Paste bin included notes on leveling this build.

--> https://pastebin.com/CdP1jCgU

This is what i'm seeing?

"Only take the Mind Over Matter node if you are going Divine Flesh from Glorious Vanity"

That is it? LOL

Yeah haha, levelling is pretty straight forward. I may add more in the future if needed, but for now, that's the only thing I thought may be confusing.
Really enjoying the build and working on crafting the max res and crit Shield.

Is the +1 to all Physical Spell Skill gems prefix really hard to get or am I just unlucky on 10 tries?

Edit: Worked it out. 4.9% chance with Augment physical.
Last edited by netherall on Aug 20, 2020, 8:05:23 AM
Hello there ! Very nice guide, thank you :)

I am currently leveling the build and I have a few questions:

- Why do we need +1 Unleash ? On bladefall gem, it is written maximum 40 lingering blades, and with 3 seals we already generate 3 (seal) * 3 (spell cascade) * 5 (volleys) = 45 lingering blades per cast, which is reduced down to 40 due to the limit I guess.

- I have currently 11ex budget, what should be my first big items ? By big items I mean the ones from the 40ex PoB, considering I will get 100c budget as a baseline and already have a +2 tabula.

- Right now I'm using HoP+Pride only, without EB and with a permanent mana flask to sustain. I guess I should only take EB in end-game with gear set up, and in particular chest ?
"
Zankai wrote:
Hello there ! Very nice guide, thank you :)

I am currently leveling the build and I have a few questions:

- Why do we need +1 Unleash ? On bladefall gem, it is written maximum 40 lingering blades, and with 3 seals we already generate 3 (seal) * 3 (spell cascade) * 5 (volleys) = 45 lingering blades per cast, which is reduced down to 40 due to the limit I guess.

- I have currently 11ex budget, what should be my first big items ? By big items I mean the ones from the 40ex PoB, considering I will get 100c budget as a baseline and already have a +2 tabula.

- Right now I'm using HoP+Pride only, without EB and with a permanent mana flask to sustain. I guess I should only take EB in end-game with gear set up, and in particular chest ?

- You want +1 Unleash because if you cast Blade Blast right after you cast Bladefall, you will consume blades before you hit the blade cap; Bladefall's blades do not all appear at the same instant so we won't hit the cap if you are casting them right after one another. You can capitalize on this further by double tapping Blade Blast after a single Bladefall.

- The biggest thing would be a 6L explode/frenzy chest IMO. It'll give you good damage and clear speed. Beyond that, a Bottled Faith or a good wand + shield would be solid choices as well.

- Yes, EB should be your end-game goal, being able to ditch a Mana flask is a big deal, and it lets you not worry about running out of mana in longer boss fights where you may run out of flask uptime.
"
Chazua wrote:

- You want +1 Unleash because if you cast Blade Blast right after you cast Bladefall, you will consume blades before you hit the blade cap; Bladefall's blades do not all appear at the same instant so we won't hit the cap if you are casting them right after one another. You can capitalize on this further by double tapping Blade Blast after a single Bladefall.

- The biggest thing would be a 6L explode/frenzy chest IMO. It'll give you good damage and clear speed. Beyond that, a Bottled Faith or a good wand + shield would be solid choices as well.

- Yes, EB should be your end-game goal, being able to ditch a Mana flask is a big deal, and it lets you not worry about running out of mana in longer boss fights where you may run out of flask uptime.

Thank you for your answers ! In particular for the tip regarding double cast of blade blast after bladefall.

I've made progress since last time, and now have a 6L explody chest (vaal regalia base, no frenzy on hit) to start. I solve frenzies by annointing Disciple of the Slaughter for now. I still plan on having a chest like you for it is very costly. Any insight on how to craft one ?
I've managed to craft a decent weapon, and still need to craft the shield. Bottle Faith is on my buy-list, along with other expensive items like awakened gems and empower 4 ^^. Just need more money.

Also, I've checked in PoB and it is a damage increase to use a watcher's eye with pride double damage compared to a rare jewel with life/spell dmg/crit multi. They are cheap right now (50c) so I will probably get one.

Finally, do you think it would be worth to add one cluster jewels area to the build ? I've identified some good ones:
Large Physical Damage : lot of %inc phys (scale explosions so very nice), 10% overwhelm, 5% double damage, 10% all res.
Large Spell Damage : good %inc spell dmg, Arcane Surge on bosses (13% more dmg, 13% cast spd), and moreover 30% increased seal gain frequency which I think is a 30% more multiplier in pure DPS situation, isn't it ?
Larg phys seems to be best for clear damage, and large spell for boss damage. Right now I think the build is more lacking boss dmg than clear dmg so maybe large spell is the best one.

Various possibilities for medium clusters : Curse Effect, Critical Chance, Area Damage (I just ticked all interesting passives, comparison in PoB not done yet, but wil be complicated to take %inc AoE into account for DPS)
Small clusters: either pure life with Fettle (+20 Life, 10% inc life) or Towering Threat (10% inc AoE, 8% life), OR an interesting one would be chaos res with Born of Chaos (+3% max chaos res) for the synergy with Divine Flesh. However that does not help mitigate phys dmg where the build already struggles.

What do you think about these possibilities ? What would you drop in the current passive tree to obtain the points ?
Last edited by Zankai on Aug 25, 2020, 3:49:36 AM
"
Zankai wrote:
"
Chazua wrote:

Thank you for your answers ! In particular for the tip regarding double cast of blade blast after bladefall.

I've made progress since last time, and now have a 6L explody chest (vaal regalia base, no frenzy on hit) to start. I solve frenzies by annointing Disciple of the Slaughter for now. I still plan on having a chest like you for it is very costly. Any insight on how to craft one ?
I've managed to craft a decent weapon, and still need to craft the shield. Bottle Faith is on my buy-list, along with other expensive items like awakened gems and empower 4 ^^. Just need more money.

Also, I've checked in PoB and it is a damage increase to use a watcher's eye with pride double damage compared to a rare jewel with life/spell dmg/crit multi. They are cheap right now (50c) so I will probably get one.

Finally, do you think it would be worth to add one cluster jewels area to the build ? I've identified some good ones:
Large Physical Damage : lot of %inc phys (scale explosions so very nice), 10% overwhelm, 5% double damage, 10% all res.
Large Spell Damage : good %inc spell dmg, Arcane Surge on bosses (13% more dmg, 13% cast spd), and moreover 30% increased seal gain frequency which I think is a 30% more multiplier in pure DPS situation, isn't it ?
Larg phys seems to be best for clear damage, and large spell for boss damage. Right now I think the build is more lacking boss dmg than clear dmg so maybe large spell is the best one.

Various possibilities for medium clusters : Curse Effect, Critical Chance, Area Damage (I just ticked all interesting passives, comparison in PoB not done yet, but wil be complicated to take %inc AoE into account for DPS)
Small clusters: either pure life with Fettle (+20 Life, 10% inc life) or Towering Threat (10% inc AoE, 8% life), OR an interesting one would be chaos res with Born of Chaos (+3% max chaos res) for the synergy with Divine Flesh. However that does not help mitigate phys dmg where the build already struggles.

What do you think about these possibilities ? What would you drop in the current passive tree to obtain the points ?

- I didn't craft my chest as it was pretty easy to find a mediocre pre-made one with frenzy/explode and then Harvest craft it a bit to get some decent life/res. If you Google around, I'm sure someone has written a guide on how to make one.

- As for Cluster Jewels, there are a couple of good ones, but we are pretty skill point starved. You'd want to drop some of the small life nodes (4/5% ones), the pathing to the left of MoM, and maybe the Written in Blood wheel.

- As for the nodes to get w/ Cluster Jewels, the ones you linked are solid. Arcane Surge would be the biggest benefit. You will definitely want to grab Born in Chaos for your small cluster jewel too.

IMO Clusters aren't really worth - they don't provide much more than the passive tree already does, but it won't be a big difference either way.
Since the build is using EB with energy leech but is a life based build, may i ask how the build deal with aliment, since dot damage will continuously dry the energy shield and with no energy and no mana, you cant cast and then cant leech, there is just no fighting back, or am i missing something?
"
dd0044 wrote:
Since the build is using EB with energy leech but is a life based build, may i ask how the build deal with aliment, since dot damage will continuously dry the energy shield and with no energy and no mana, you cant cast and then cant leech, there is just no fighting back, or am i missing something?

EB effectively transforms your energy shield into a mana source which isn't reserved by auras and heralds. Your energy shield isn't effected by damage unless you have something that takes "% of Damage is taken from Mana before Life" on gear or tree. EG. you should not have Mind over matter node selected unless you have the glorious vanity gem socketed in area.
"
Chazua wrote:
Intro

This is a written guide based on the Blade Blast Assassin that was popularized by Ahhcrying who hit level 100 with it in Harvest HCSSF: https://poe.ninja/challengehcssf/builds/char/AhhCrying/Crying_BangAssBlaster?i=6

I've adjusted the build for SC trade, opting for more damage/clearspeed. The build still ends up being absurdly tanky with enough damage to decimate end game bosses and clear maps extremely quickly. I've spent around 40 ex on this build, ~25 of that has been from Bottled Faith, the chest piece and Awakened gem. This build can do all content on less than 3 ex, in SSF.

Pros and Cons

Pros
- Very tanky - HC viable
- Excellent single target
- Excellent map clear
- Satisfying phys explosion chains
- Can start cheap and scale with currency
- Almost all of the gear can be deterministically crafted with Harvest

Cons
- Two-button playstyle
- Levelling is a little awkward until you get more cast speed
- Might be expensive once Harvest is over/gone
- Cannot run phys reflect or slower recovery maps
- Can be hard to see mechanics due to BB spam

tl;dr Path of Building

Spoiler
Use the community fork
~40 ex PoB, my current character: https://pastebin.com/s1pqRz0N

100c mega-budget PoB: https://pastebin.com/3HcV44q8

Divine Flesh is completely optional.

Videos

Spoiler
3.11 deathless A8 Sirus
https://streamable.com/m8w1bk

3.11 T16 Map Demo 1
https://streamable.com/o5j0ax

3.11 T16 Map Demo 2
https://streamable.com/8o26cs
Spoiler

Great guide, thank you, it would help me a lot!
Last edited by zaiddillon on Sep 11, 2020, 2:55:16 AM
Hi !
im giving a try on this build and i would like to know if the gems you use for blade blast are in order of importance or not and if not, what should i aim to in first while leveling / doing low tier with 5L ?
What should i use instead of Empower 4 ? (til i can afford it)

ty for your build ^^

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info