[3.11] CI CoC Ice Nova Assassin - Max Block

im doing your build and still lv 83 but wondering if its just low level or something im doing wrong because im having some death to bosses on t16 and sometimes take time to kill, can you help me with some hints, i´ve spend all my money now, the watcher is just temporary because the one you use is really expensive

https://pastebin.com/kPVP67Uu
"
Alderionn wrote:
im doing your build and still lv 83 but wondering if its just low level or something im doing wrong because im having some death to bosses on t16 and sometimes take time to kill, can you help me with some hints, i´ve spend all my money now, the watcher is just temporary because the one you use is really expensive

You aren't max block. Fix up the right side of your tree to path down towards deflection.

Your belt is pretty bad... If you are on a tight budget, you can skip the awakener craft and just roll a crusader belt for good ES + ES%, and you can still add on the spell damage during flask effect suffix.

Fix up your shield and boots, its not difficult to get them to T1 ES + crafted ES, and they should at least be 28%. When you are picking up lots of ES% nodes in the tree and on your jewellery, every bit of ES helps. Likewise you should remove defence on your amulet and craft ES%.

You also don't have awakened cast on crit or any source of CDR, so your attack speed is well over the threshold. You need to get some kind of CDR somewhere, a roll on the belt would be good enough (can roll on both crusader or shaper). When you do pick this up, you will also need to get a cospri that has 9% AS.

A single mod damage pen watcher's eye is good enough.
Last edited by BrettLee on Aug 12, 2020, 11:53:30 PM
"
Alderionn wrote:

Hmm... there are couple big problems.

First, your attack speed with cyclone doesn't seem right.
You don't seem to be using any CDR gear, so your cyclone attack rate should be 6.06/sec MAX.
POB shows 7.05/sec with silver flask.
You either need to drop some attack speed, or pick up 14% CDR from belt or boots and raise attack rate to 7.57/sec MAX.

BTW, I recommend that you drop silver flask for now.
Onslaught effect give you 15% increased attack speed.
Edit: 20% increased attack speed. My bad!
There is no problem if you can maintain onslaught effect and kill the boss while you still have onslaught effect.
However, your dps will drop by a noticeable amount when you lose the 20% increased attack speed from onslaught effect.
Some bosses have immune phases, some don't have any adds that lets you refill your flasks, some bosses have huge life from map mods.
Lose it for now, and bring it back later with cinderswallow flask when you have more dps and have gotten more familiar with CoC mechanic.

Second, your hit/crit rate isn't 100%.
It's very easy to reach 100% hit/crit so try to reach 100% for both.

For crit chance, drop added cold damage for increased critical strike support gem.
Also drop diamond flask for a bottled faith.
When your precision gem reaches lvl 20, your crit chance against enemies within consecrated area will be 100%

For accuracy, you are currently at 98%.
If you want 100%, either:
1. path down to Depth Perception node
2. add >=13% increased global accuracy on your helmet or ring
Do whatever is easiest for you to work with.

Attack/crit/hit rate adjustments will bring up your dps to near full potential with your current gear.

Few more minor things to change are:
1. Gems socketed in cospri. Frost bolt 1st, then ice nova. maybe swap out frost bomb with culling strike. Frost bomb is very, very good. But most trash mobs should be dead by the time it goes off, and boss move/teleport out of range sometimes.

2. I don't see +1 curse limit but you are using 2 curses. frostbite and assassin's mark. get +1 curse with anointment/hunter influence.

I think that's about it.

If you need more info, or want to go through this one step at a time, feel free to contact me in game @bamelok_coc.

good luck~
Last edited by ywhuh86 on Aug 12, 2020, 11:57:36 PM
"
Alderionn wrote:

I would say drop all the nodes by Coldhearted Calculation if you can manage the dex and try to build into your cluster jewels. In your extra jewel slots invest in some 48% crit multi/8% ES jewels as those will be big damage. Your gear is pretty good.

I found OP's tree on poe.ninja when looking for the tankiest build version that could still do good damage and used it to hit 100 (mostly without breachstones.) Highly recommend. Switched to more AoE at 100 now that death doesn't matter anymore.
"
VBIF52 wrote:
Hello, guys
What can I do to improve my build? Maybe I got some mechanics extremely wrong? https://pastebin.com/48DJM9dn
I'm extremely lacking DPS and I don't know where to get it from.
P.S. I have ~20-30 ex to improve this build

I only see CDR from awakened CoC.
If this is correct, you can add CDR to boots and belt and go for 52% CDR setup.
Your current attack rate is 7.36 while elusive + onslaught.
If nothing else, you can adjust attack speed to raise this near 7.57.

You can also add "unnerved" status ailment to glove and arcane surge to flame dash.

Also consider upgrading rings to circle of fear with damage attributes.
You'll need to make up for the loss in accuracy rating elsewhere, but those rings add quite a bit of dps.

Since you are already using a silver flask, try out cinderswallow flask and add fire damage somewhere. abyssal jewel is a common place where you can find it.

You can also upgrade helmet with 40% ice nova damage enchant and add redeemer influence to get "nearby blah blah -9% cold resist"

those things are some stuff off the top of my head.

i would prioritize 52% CDR and upgrade belt and boots along the way.
Quickest/cheapest noticeable dps upgrade will probably be the rings.

Now go and burn those exalts~!!!
Yo man, this is pretty cool build, I was really frustrated when I got around 82 with this build died so many times, then I read the guide through again and fixed the block, ever since then I've been having a blast. Got my first ever deathless A8 sirus kill, thanks man!
Would HH without self curse feel good with this build?
have you tried t16 100% deli on this build?
Just did a 100% Delirium T17 on 180 ping with 2 party HP (guy couldn't clear the map, so invited me, not an aurabot).

Was pretty easy, although admittedly my gear is quite good. Whilst I might have more ES than most, I would imagine overall DPS would be similar, even on a much smaller budget - and ES on hit watcher's eye (mine is terrible) would probably help too.

Last edited by BrettLee on Aug 15, 2020, 7:06:46 AM
Hi, how much the budget to start with this build?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info