[3.18]Bleed Explosive Arrow Ballista totem| league starter| cheap | 2m+ w starter gear

Anyone else starting with this?
Last edited by Sazzbot on Apr 16, 2021, 10:38:27 AM
"
Sazzbot wrote:

This is my current thoughts for a fully endgame 'finished' version of this build: https://pastebin.com/36BQdJzf

There's lots of room for adjustment if you want more life, defence, damage etc
A lot of the gear is totally over the top and won't be necessary for clearing endgame content but I've added it there for fun.

Main things to note is that most of the extra jewels aren't necessary, they just add more damage or survivability, I am thinking of swapping out the watcher's eye for a Green Nightmare(this gives us dodge) but don't know how easy they'll be to get this league.

The cluster jewels I haven't touched from the original author's PoB as I'm not entirely sure what I want on them yet and it's hard to gauge DPS numbers without an updated PoB so I'm just leaving them as is and will adjust when PoB is updated. The same applies for the weapon/quiver, I'd probably keep the Rearguard with this setup and see how much of a nerf crafting a rare bow would be.

One major thing I have added is a Replica Farrul's Fur, this should give us more tankiness, consistent frenzy and endurance charges aswell as Onslaught, this will help with damage and keeping us alive with enduring cry. I've also added Vitality into the setup and have planned the tree around grabbing more regen(unnatural instinct) as I'd like to try playing with the new skills at some point and figured I'd need the regen for it to be viable.

I've also decided to drop Frenzy as we already have a way of getting Frenzy charges which leaves us with room to play with other things. I'm not entirely sure what to replace it with apart from a CWDT+Immortal Call but this still leaves us with a few sockets left over.

Hope anyone trying this has fun with it, I'll post back here with how I'm finding the build to be.
"
Narelen wrote:
"
Sazzbot wrote:

This is my current thoughts for a fully endgame 'finished' version of this build: https://pastebin.com/36BQdJzf

A lot of the gear is totally over the top and won't be necessary for clearing endgame content but I've added it there for fun.

Main things to note is that most of the extra jewels aren't necessary, they just add more damage or survivability, I am thinking of swapping out the watcher's eye for a Green Nightmare(this gives us dodge) but don't know how easy they'll be to get this league.

The cluster jewels I haven't touched from the original author's PoB as I'm not entirely sure what I want on them yet and it's hard to gauge DPS numbers without an updated PoB so I'm just leaving them as is and will adjust when PoB is updated. The same applies for the weapon/quiver, I'd probably keep the Rearguard with this setup and see how much of a nerf crafting a rare bow would be.

One major thing I have added is a Replica Farrul's Fur, this should give us more tankiness, consistent frenzy and endurance charges aswell as Onslaught, this will help with damage and keeping us alive with enduring cry. I've also added Vitality into the setup and have planned the tree around grabbing more regen(unnatural instinct) as I'd like to try playing with the new skills at some point and figured I'd need the regen for it to be viable.

I've also decided to drop Frenzy as we already have a way of getting Frenzy charges which leaves us with room to play with other things. I'm not entirely sure what to replace it with apart from a CWDT+Immortal Call but this still leaves us with a few sockets left over.

Hope anyone trying this has fun with it, I'll post back here with how I'm finding the build to be.

Interesting. Lots of more dps but spellblock went down a little
Last edited by Sazzbot on Apr 16, 2021, 2:23:04 PM
"
Sazzbot wrote:

Interesting. Lots of more dps but spellblock went down a little

Yeah I think that's just because the Timeless Jewel on the previous PoB set what should've been Chainbreaker into Glancing Blows, could be a choice if you want more spell block but also means you take damage from blocks. Another possibility for more spell block would be from an influenced helm.
"

Hi, I just got back into Path of Exile. I never really understood too much, and now that I'm using path of building, how do I know what gems to slot into what? Trying to figure my way around it. Is there anything that should be done with the Pantheon? Thanks for the help!
"
badaxe123 wrote:

Hi, I just got back into Path of Exile. I never really understood too much, and now that I'm using path of building, how do I know what gems to slot into what? Trying to figure my way around it. Is there anything that should be done with the Pantheon? Thanks for the help!

Hi there, welcome back :)

If you're having trouble knowing what gems to put into what piece of gear, generally this won't matter most of the time. The only time it will is if you're trying to create 'psuedo' 6+link items on say your gloves. Some 'influenced' items can roll certain mods that say grants 'level 20 faster attacks to socketed gems' like say in the glove slot, you may then specifically choose to slot your offense gems into your gloves over say your head which might have the mod 'reduced resevered mana' and instead put your 'Aura' gems into your helmet so that they reserve less of your mana. These are some specific examples but generally the gem system allows flexible placement of gems as long as you're able to socket them into that piece of gear. Gem colours also follow an inherent probability of rolling based on the armours base type so some gem colour are more likely to roll blue on an Intelligence base than a strength one. You can always force colours through certain means but this mostly applies to unique items which are always the same type of base so should be something to consider when planning a build.

You can read more here:https://pathofexile.fandom.com/wiki/Item_socket

As for the pantheon, this is something I feel most people overlook but can actually be a really powerful 'extra' layer of defence. They do take a little effort to get and can be a little dangerous to activate if you play on Hardcore but offer some very powerful bonuses. Generally I go for either Solaris/Lunaris as my major pantheons and Garukhan, Tukohama or Gruthkul for minor pantheon. When fully levelled up the pantheons alone can mitigate a lot of potential damage.

Also when considering what pantheons to take you should think about what gaps in your defence you have or if you want to double down on defences you already have. For example Soul of the Brine King helps you to stop being stunned but if you already have something that stops you from being stunned then taking this pantheon would be redundant.

You can read more about the Pantheons here: https://pathofexile.fandom.com/wiki/The_Pantheon

Hope this helps :)
Hi!
Anyone has an updated tree version, for this build?
"
makula8888 wrote:
Hi!
Anyone has an updated tree version, for this build?

I updated the scion PoB
If this build focuses on bows and totems then why's there so many points in axe and sword damage?
Lionseye's Fall jewel converts melee weapon to bow damage so we can save some passive points on the tree.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info