[3.11] CieOnDancer's Bane Occultist build - speed farm t16 maps with 1ex budget!

Hi! I come up with my variation of Bane Occultist build. What's so special about it you ask? Well.. you can clear your atlas with 1 exalted budget - with pretty good clear speed. Before you start to read the rest of post: Build was invented to be cheap and clear fast, I will not upgrade it with fancy uniques and stuff, because it's only to fast farm currency at start of league.

PoB (thanks for help MobileForce): https://pastebin.com/w6S80Cn1

Skill tree for people who dislike PoB:

PROS:
- can do all map mods
- all charges up (with using enduring cry)
- very fast map clear
- pretty decent survivability
- 1ex for all gear

CONS:
- not a boss killer
- can be oneshoted
- can't do atziri because of curse reflect (or use atziri mirror if ur rich)

Annointment, Bandits, Pantheon:
Spoiler
Freedom of Movement, Kill bandits, Brine King and Gruthkul

Ascendancies:
Spoiler
1. Profane Bloom (core mechanic to our build - pooping)
2. Void Beacon (some damage)
3. Malediction (we're starting to using more curses)
4. Withering Presence (great damage boost for endgame content)

Links:
Spoiler
Chest 6L: Bane - Despair - Controlled Destruction - Efficacy - Swift Afflication - Void Manipulation (or link Empower lvl 4 if ur richboi)

Staff 5L: Vaal Blight - Controlled Destruction - Infused Channelling - Efficacy - Void Manipulation (optional in 6L put Empower lvl 4, for bossing you can swap Blight for Essence Drain and Infused Channeling for Swift Affliction)

Gloves: Temporal Chains - Poacher's Mark - Malevolence

Helmet 4L: Wither - Faster Casting - Spell Totem - Multiple Totems

Boots 4L: Dash - Second Wind - Arcane Surge - Enduring Cry

also put Malevolance in some free space, you can use Vaal Grace too to be speed boi

My current gear (I suggest swap sulphur flask for basalt flask):
Spoiler

You can also check it on my profile: wyje_BANE

Boring mechanics of build:
Spoiler
On low tier maps you just dash and spam Bane, everything should die in 1-2s including bosses. On higher tier to keep nice survivability you should use Enduring Cry for Endurance Charge generation, also using it with Dash will give you arcane surge. Use Vaal Blight in danger or bosses to slow them. On bosses you use wither totems, bane (remember it doesnt stack) and then blight.Keep up rumi;s flask and basalt flask for phys damage reduction

It's my first build so i really don't know what to add. For leveling you can check thi3n's Bane Occultist build, I used it before I created my version of build. Purpose of build was to make currency farmer with budget gear but It exceeded my expectations.

Here is clear speed of build and little showcase:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYytSh4mELg

Some tips, credits for MobileForce:
Spoiler

- keep your arcane surge level 5
- swap bisco belt on boss fights
- corrected PoB! thanks!

feel free to give suggestions because i don't know all poe mechanics yet
Last edited by cheekym8 on Jun 30, 2020, 6:18:04 PM
Last bumped on Aug 11, 2020, 9:22:05 PM
nice first build!
Its Great! Love it so far
Yesterday i try this build and really nice. So how can update this build ?
Thanks for the feedback guys, great to hear you enjoy it.

"
TrHabesha wrote:
Yesterday i try this build and really nice. So how can update this build ?

Upgrading is not the purpose of this build but since few people ask for it, I will add PoB with turbo expensive endgame version. I probably won't test it since I don't play a lot this league but in PoB it looks pretty nice so far.
Last edited by cheekym8 on Jun 27, 2020, 2:57:00 AM
hmm just one question, does not just gives more damage linking bane with more curses than regular support gems? Bane tooltip says 47% more per curse and i guess if u push bane lvl even more with staff or corrupts it will be even more?
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/172043 SELLINGSHOP
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/148812 UNARMED RAIMBOW TEMPLAR
Dobra nazwa postaci :D
Switched over to this build this morning (my occultist I was leveling was not as fun as I had wished).
Really liking the build, even though I only had enough regrets to partially respec for now :)

Quick question, opinion on ascendancy order?
I only have Profane Bloom currently and will finish Acts 9 & 10 tonight and do my next labs.
"
Lhigtingtopo wrote:
hmm just one question, does not just gives more damage linking bane with more curses than regular support gems? Bane tooltip says 47% more per curse and i guess if u push bane lvl even more with staff or corrupts it will be even more?

DoT and chaos damage are more valuable ones than raw "increased damage" for DoT builds. PoB show greater numbers with actual gems anyway. Also 3 additional curses in gloves gives you additional power to weak monsters with no sacrificing damage at all!

"
zab9k wrote:
Dobra nazwa postaci :D

:)

"
Raykyre wrote:
Switched over to this build this morning (my occultist I was leveling was not as fun as I had wished).
Really liking the build, even though I only had enough regrets to partially respec for now :)

Quick question, opinion on ascendancy order?
I only have Profane Bloom currently and will finish Acts 9 & 10 tonight and do my next labs.

Great to hear you enjoy it. You picked first Ascendancy right! The second one is Void Beacon, then Malediction and at last Withering Presence for great damage boost!
Last edited by cheekym8 on Jun 27, 2020, 11:38:57 AM
Oh thanks for your answer, Im thinking about rerolling my soulrend ocultist to bane cursebot so i can support my farming party and i was wondering if linking more curses and an empower on a skin of the loyal would improve the dmge enough compared with your settup but im bad at POB

Also i dont know how crit works with dots, my soulred build runs assa mark but i dont know how it scales with dots, do you know something about crit scaling with dots?
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/172043 SELLINGSHOP
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/148812 UNARMED RAIMBOW TEMPLAR

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info