[3.14] Gryph's Thirsty Archmage Cremation Necromancer

Gryph, how do you feel about Kitava's Thirst and Crusader anointed vs Crown and Arcane Swiftness anointed? Seems like the latter has higher base damage and adds some life etc. but loses out on the triggers, which I'm not sure how they'd add up. My WoC looks like it might hit with either fire or lightning depending on the roll, etc.
Hey Gryph,

What cluster jewel are you using? I don't seem to see it on the list. Thanks!
Here's what I've got so far: https://pastebin.com/cagFskjQ
Rerolled a couple days ago, looking moreso for skill tree improvements if there's any. I've seen a lot of variations on poe.ninja, mostly following PapilloUlysses.https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds/char/belhelmelhel/PapilioUlysses?i=0&search=item%3DAtziris-Foible%2CCrown-of-the-Inward-Eye%2CRumis-Concoction%2CThread-of-Hope%26skill%3DCremation%26allskill%3DDesecrate%26keystone%3DThe-Agnostic%2CElemental-Overload%2CScintillating-Idea%26cremation-support%3DArchmage-Support

I plan to unspec out of the Holy Dominion nodes as my gear improves. Thinking Lightning Walker or likely the Medium Cluster previously mentioned for Cull/Unnerve.

I know weapon/shield, rings can have improvements in terms of just more damage/max mana. Life flask can probably be swapped out but I feel more comfortable with it atm. Also Dying Sun is mandatory.

I plan to switch GMP to Awakened Lightning Penetration but I also use this character for mapping and does anyone have any comments on how much of a difference it makes?

Also I did manage to get both Arcane Surge and Blade Blast belt enchant, looking for thoughts on that as well. Thoughts on whether running Blade Blast over Tempest Shield (don't really like the tankiness loss though) for the Unnerve belt enchant (gives 50% Spell Crit Chance)

Last edited by Rainbowish on Jan 28, 2021, 1:56:12 PM
"
Zhain wrote:
Gryph, how do you feel about Kitava's Thirst and Crusader anointed vs Crown and Arcane Swiftness anointed? Seems like the latter has higher base damage and adds some life etc. but loses out on the triggers, which I'm not sure how they'd add up. My WoC looks like it might hit with either fire or lightning depending on the roll, etc.

I like Kitava's because I'm a hipster :P

and also I like having the extra triggered spells being spammed around. This is just a personal preference and there are pro/cons to each. Both are very viable and strong. Crown or rare helmet will give more eHP though. Damage is a little more murky as Kitava's spams spells that apply debuffs that is just not an option on Crown. But crown has higher damage potential if you don't mind pushing more buttons. Kitava also is easier to get the helm enchant as you can chance the helmet.

But really, it comes down to preference and both are great.

"
Rainbowish wrote:
Here's what I've got so far: https://pastebin.com/cagFskjQ
Rerolled a couple days ago, looking moreso for skill tree improvements if there's any. I've seen a lot of variations on poe.ninja, mostly following PapilloUlysses.https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds/char/belhelmelhel/PapilioUlysses?i=0&search=item%3DAtziris-Foible%2CCrown-of-the-Inward-Eye%2CRumis-Concoction%2CThread-of-Hope%26skill%3DCremation%26allskill%3DDesecrate%26keystone%3DThe-Agnostic%2CElemental-Overload%2CScintillating-Idea%26cremation-support%3DArchmage-Support

I plan to unspec out of the Holy Dominion nodes as my gear improves. Thinking Lightning Walker or likely the Medium Cluster previously mentioned for Cull/Unnerve.

I know weapon/shield, rings can have improvements in terms of just more damage/max mana. Life flask can probably be swapped out but I feel more comfortable with it atm. Also Dying Sun is mandatory.

I plan to switch GMP to Awakened Lightning Penetration but I also use this character for mapping and does anyone have any comments on how much of a difference it makes?

Also I did manage to get both Arcane Surge and Blade Blast belt enchant, looking for thoughts on that as well. Thoughts on whether running Blade Blast over Tempest Shield (don't really like the tankiness loss though) for the Unnerve belt enchant (gives 50% Spell Crit Chance)

GMP adds 4 projectiles fired per second, which can overlap. 165% mana multiplier also means good damage. So with no extra projectiles anywhere it's theoretically 100% more DPS from projectiles alone.

I lost my typed out response a minute ago but here goes regarding trigger wand, tempest shield, etc...

Don't swap Tempest shield out for Blade Blast. You really want to stick to duration skills in the trigger weapon:
Bone Offering
Tempest Shield
Wave of Conviction

Curse on hit ring/gloves work better than triggering the curse from wand if you want to go way of curse cluster jewel as well.

AOE is probably more impactful than 50% crit chance. Check your POB to see if that boosts cremation projectil radius. Remember, more AOE=More Overlap

The tree you linked is totally fine btw. There are a number of ways to make the skill tree, use what works best for you. Cluster tree is probably most efficient place to put points though.
Last edited by Gryphenprey on Jan 28, 2021, 2:17:55 PM
"
at a glance:

You can drop a ring for Essence Glutton and use Wrath as a temporary damage boost.

A Foible with an Anoint is probably worth 8-10% more damage.

Arcane Swiftness or Command of Steel specifically will be worth 10% more.

Drop Fevered mind. and Faith and Steel. Spend those 4 points on Divine Judgement. It's 16% more damage vs 19% more but you also get 8% life, 20 str and lower mana cost(easier for spam casting to build intensity stacks).

Your flasks could use some work.
Wise Oak if lightning res is greatest and Atziri's promise are decent for damage boost.

Build doesn't need life flask or diamond flask.

You can also run Righteous Fire for DPS as needed, not JUST Vaal RF.

Love the build and guide, Gryph. Played your CwC VD until the big nerf. I kinda know where I need to improve my character atm but had a question regarding this post of yours:

Referring to your reference of lowered mana cost, doesn't that lower the overall damage of each cast? Or is it calculated before the reduction? Was curious as I just picked up a pretty good 'xopec's' ring with the -non-channel mana cost and am not sure how big a deal it would be to use it.
Last edited by Thunderbus on Jan 28, 2021, 4:49:02 PM
"
Thunderbus wrote:

Love the build and guide, Gryph. Played your CwC VD until the big nerf. I kinda know where I need to improve my character atm but had a question regarding this post of yours:

Referring to your reference of lowered mana cost, doesn't that lower the overall damage of each cast? Or is it calculated before the reduction? Was curious as I just picked up a pretty good 'xopec's' ring with the -non-channel mana cost and am not sure how big a deal it would be to use it.

So what I meant by that was that there are better ways to boost damage than just increasing the mana cost via Fevered Mind. 4 points for 20% more damage and 20% increased mana cost is worse than jsut spending 4 points for 16% more damage and 8% life+20dex

-9 flat is almost nothing though, so you should be fine to use the ring.
"
iFx_ wrote:
Thanks for the build, I love it!

After spending 8ex worth of Scourings and Chances on an ilvl 47 Zealot Helmet I got curious, is there a trick to it?
Kitava's Thirst just won't come up and it's starting to get expensive, am I doing it wrong?

Edit: I bought a Trash to Treasure for another 6ex now, seems to be the better way... Anyways my Kitava's is now at 15ex, oh well. Next upgrade will be Headhunter. Not that I need it.

Hey, is there any reason you specify iLvl 47 for the helmet? I'm trying to get one going but don't want to waste all my currency using a wrong level. I have one one in the level 70's somewhere - is that too high? Is 47 the lowest you can go?

Thanks
"
"
iFx_ wrote:
Thanks for the build, I love it!

After spending 8ex worth of Scourings and Chances on an ilvl 47 Zealot Helmet I got curious, is there a trick to it?
Kitava's Thirst just won't come up and it's starting to get expensive, am I doing it wrong?

Edit: I bought a Trash to Treasure for another 6ex now, seems to be the better way... Anyways my Kitava's is now at 15ex, oh well. Next upgrade will be Headhunter. Not that I need it.

Hey, is there any reason you specify iLvl 47 for the helmet? I'm trying to get one going but don't want to waste all my currency using a wrong level. I have one one in the level 70's somewhere - is that too high? Is 47 the lowest you can go?

Thanks

item level doesn't matter when chancing an item. Only the base type. You'll be fine. ^^
Okay, I just bought the zealot helmet and trash to treasure prophecy.

I've never done this before. Is there any way I can bugger this up, or is this a guaranteed shot? Like, is there a possibility it turns into some other kind of helmet? or guaranteed a kitava's thirst? I'm so stoked if this will work!!! but don't want to lose all my $$

Thanks

Rarity: Rare
Glyph Visage
Zealot Helmet
--------
Armour: 155 (augmented)
Energy Shield: 31 (augmented)
--------
Requirements:
Level: 60
Str: 50
Int: 50
--------
Sockets: R
--------
Item Level: 81
--------
Cremation can have up to 1 additional Geyser at a time (enchant)
--------
17% increased Global Accuracy Rating
30% increased Armour and Energy Shield
+12 to maximum Life
+66 to maximum Mana
12% increased Stun and Block Recovery
15% increased Light Radius
"
Okay, I just bought the zealot helmet and trash to treasure prophecy.

I've never done this before. Is there any way I can bugger this up, or is this a guaranteed shot? Like, is there a possibility it turns into some other kind of helmet? or guaranteed a kitava's thirst? I'm so stoked if this will work!!! but don't want to lose all my $$

Thanks

Rarity: Rare
Glyph Visage
Zealot Helmet
--------
Armour: 155 (augmented)
Energy Shield: 31 (augmented)
--------
Requirements:
Level: 60
Str: 50
Int: 50
--------
Sockets: R
--------
Item Level: 81
--------
Cremation can have up to 1 additional Geyser at a time (enchant)
--------
17% increased Global Accuracy Rating
30% increased Armour and Energy Shield
+12 to maximum Life
+66 to maximum Mana
12% increased Stun and Block Recovery
15% increased Light Radius

Yeah, you're good to go. Scour the helmet so it's white, make sure the prophecy is procc'd, and use a chance on it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info