[HC] Righteous Fire Marauder (Ampiii lv. 89) Useless as of 0.11.0!

I'm going a similar route on my Marauder. Leveling as Ele Cleave for now, will respec around 68-70.

But I'm going to be going the Spellcaster route. I love the freedom the +86% MORE gives you, especially once new Spell gems get released (I'd be able to play around with them, instead of respecing/rerolling.)

My main concern, is if I'd need IR+Grace+Determ or not. I think I'd be too squishy without them, but even at 70 I wouldn't have much Life nodes, so Passives are tight. And even at 90 I don't think I'd have enough Life nodes, let alone some to spare for IR.. If I could even afford to Reserve Determ at all..

Link to my thread if interested.
What would you recommend? ^.^
IGN: Golem_Antsy, Harvest
Last edited by Sheriff_K on Apr 2, 2013, 11:24:36 PM
IR isn't necessary for the spec to work, the one concern I have with your build is that if you're planning on using some sort of primary spell and relying on RF damage at the same time you're going to have a hard time supporting the ability. Either you'll have to use one of your 4l to support it (and most likely need BM gem since your regen will be crap with a high life build) or you'll have to sacrifice Kaom's Heart which will make your RF damage noticeably lower. I'm sure you can make it work, but I'd need more information to go off of to help you.

Also, avoid casting interrupt is terrible and I would recommend you skip out on that point.
HC - Ampiii Bow Marauder
HC - Ampv Righteous Fire Marauder
Last edited by Amp93 on Apr 3, 2013, 12:14:57 AM
"
Amp93 wrote:
IR isn't necessary for the spec to work, the one concern I have with your build is that if you're planning on using some sort of primary spell and relying on RF damage at the same time you're going to have a hard time supporting the ability. Either you'll have to use one of your 4l to support it (and most likely need BM gem since your regen will be crap with a high life build) or you'll have to sacrifice Kaom's Heart which will make your RF damage noticeably lower. I'm sure you can make it work, but I'd need more information to go off of to help you.

Also, avoid casting interrupt is terrible and I would recommend you skip out on that point.

The RF damage is more icing on the cake for me, but I'd use the Kaom's for the added survivability regardless of more RF damage (on high lvl maps, mobs can hit as high as 6k from what I hear.)

I was hoping that Mana Flows and the Templar mana regen passive would be enough to use a 4-linked FP. I was thinking FP+LMP/GMP+IronWill+(LifeLeech, ManaLeech, FasterCasting, ColdPen, or AddedChaos, ManaLeech if I run into mana problems.)
I just feel like your FP damage will be too low to warrant using it over RF for dmg but you can try it.
HC - Ampiii Bow Marauder
"
Amp93 wrote:
I just feel like your FP damage will be too low to warrant using it over RF for dmg but you can try it.

Unless my math is wrong, with a decent enough weapon and Iron Will, I'd have ~420% Increased Spell Damage. That is way more than even a pure caster build could get.

Mathz:
~420 Strength

+41% from Templar Passives
+84% from Iron Will (420/5)
+100% from Weapon
------
= +225% Increased Spell Damage
+ 100% Base
------
= 325% Spell Damage
* 1.87 More Spell Damage from RF
------
= ~608% Spell Damage

Hmm, that's not "420%"... o_0
(Halp! I must be doing it wrong, cuz that doesn't sound right..)
Last edited by Sheriff_K on Apr 3, 2013, 4:30:02 PM
"
"
Amp93 wrote:

Unless my math is wrong, with a decent enough weapon and Iron Will, I'd have ~420% Increased Spell Damage. That is way more than even a pure caster build could get.

Mathz:
~420 Strength

+41% from Templar Passives
+84% from Iron Will (420/5)
+100% from Weapon
------
= +225% Increased Spell Damage
+ 100% Base
------
= 325% Spell Damage
* 1.87 More Spell Damage from RF
------
= ~608% Spell Damage

Hmm, that's not "420%"... o_0
(Halp! I must be doing it wrong, cuz that doesn't sound right..)

+ 100% base? what's that from? without that added you get 420%.
IGN: Dmillz
Your base spell damage. Still, 420 seems really high..
I tried out FP today with my spec, speccing into Inner Force as well and I'm doing 1.5k dps with GMP and RF up.

FP linked with GMP, LL, Iron Will
HC - Ampiii Bow Marauder
Last edited by Amp93 on Apr 4, 2013, 1:11:22 PM
"
Amp93 wrote:
I tried out FP today with my spec, speccing into Inner Force as well and I'm doing 1.5k dps with GMP and RF up.

FP linked with GMP, LL, Iron Will

What'd you use as a weapon?

(So your dps would be 7.5k when all 5 hit right?)
Last edited by Sheriff_K on Apr 4, 2013, 1:18:35 PM
Same gear as posted in the guide, and yes 6.1k dps with RF and 7.5k dps with FP point blank
HC - Ampiii Bow Marauder

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info