3.11 - Stress-Free PoE! RF HAPPY: No Required Items! 1-Button Play! SSF League Start-End!

"
timcooper wrote:
Spoiler
Hi Wrecker! I'm a big fan of your guides, and a long-time lurker. Congrats on finally making me post!

Here's my question: What's the value in having both the Summon gems linked to CwDT?

I don't think that's been asked/discussed here yet, but pardon me if I missed it. It seems like it would be more beneficial to swap Summon Stone Golem with Enduring Cry (and put Immortal Call before Enduring Cry in the 4-Link). I haven't been able to test this yet since I'm not far enough along in-game, but I often get things wrong with CwDT.

I'm thinking CwDT would proc Immortal Call (consume Endurance Charges, grant bonuses) and THEN proc Enduring Cry (restore some Endurance Charges, etc). Which makes the build even more automatic than it already is and makes it stack a TON of bonuses during intense fights.

Anyone have thoughts on that?
Hey timcooper! Thanks for your kind words :). I really appreciate it! I love that you "had to post"! ha ha! For all you Lurkers out there, don't every feel like you have to say anything :). Lurk away.

The only reason I have the minions on CwDT is because it's less to worry about. I like as few active buttons as possible. When those minions are on CwDT, I know that they'll be up "all" the time. We don't invest in minion life so I didn't want to have to constantly check to see if they're alive or not. So you can most definitely make any socket changes you want to suit your style for sure. The "less lazy" a build, the more efficient it is if you're on top of your buttons.

Unless I misunderstood your suggested setup, it sounds perfect except for one thing, Warcries aren't spells. So they can't be triggered by CwDT. So unless you get a fancy mod that can cast Warcry skills, it'll need to be manually cast.

Thanks again for your kind praise and thoughtful words. I really appreciate it. Let me know if I misunderstood your idea. Great post either way!
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
Hello there Wrecker!

I must say the build is very solid and I'm absolutely in love with how you present it through the guide; neat, fun, and very informative.
I have one question to ask though if it isn't at all disrespectful or defeats the chill purpose of the build, is there a way to make a faster version of this?
I am using a quicksilver flask but it doesn't feel fast enough and I was wondering if you or anyone can help.

Thanks for your lovely guide <3
Last edited by Aeldren on Aug 5, 2020, 5:47:12 AM
"
Aeldren wrote:
Spoiler
Hello there Wrecker!

I must say the build is very solid and I'm absolutely in love with how you present it through the guide; neat, fun, and very informative.
I have one question to ask though if it isn't at all disrespectful or defeats the chill purpose of the build, is there a way to make a faster version of this?
I am using a quicksilver flask but it doesn't feel fast enough and I was wondering if you or anyone can help.

Thanks for your lovely guide <3
That's not offensive at all Aeldren! Thanks for your kind words and about the guide and build! I'm glad you like them and I really appreciate you taking time to let me know :). Thank you.

What most people do to speed up this build is use Flame Dash. We have the Int. for it and it also does some Fire DOT. It does Hit though so hopefully those that use it still see the benefits of EE more often than not. I would suggest an unset ring for whatever movement skill you want to use. I think Lightning Warp is perfect for the build just as long as the cast time is fast enough for you. Shield Charge is really good to since you don't need accuracy for the movement but people usually want something that can jump gaps.

On a really fun note, you could find a way to link a CwDT level 1 to a Lightning Warp and see what happens ;).

But ya, gap jumping movement spells in an unset ring would be the easiest way to add speed without disrupting the synergy of the build.

Thanks again for your great compliments. I really appreciate it.

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
"

Unless I misunderstood your suggested setup, it sounds perfect except for one thing, Warcries aren't spells. So they can't be triggered by CwDT. So unless you get a fancy mod that can cast Warcry skills, it'll need to be manually cast.

Ah, darn. Okay, thanks Wrecker!
Please forgive me if all the following items has been discussed before, I didnt read all the pages.

It's amazing you got RF to work without any items, so my imagination is blowing up on what we can do with gear!

I'm going through your POB to check for gotchas. One mistake I made before was having immortal call in my POB, then wondering why it didn't work in my real character in game. I turned off things that required a hit like immortal call, and we are still near break even (like only -35 hps), so good deal!

I also wondered what if we used Balefire (unique weapon that grants level 25 scorching ray). You can add 500K burning damage with just 3 support gems in the weapon!

I saw the section about sustaining RF as soon as possible, but you mentioned all the steps which involves getting to act 7 for the major god. What is the earliest where we can turn on RF and not die?

Thanks again! Your guides are a very different breath of freshness. So many guides are OP because their gear is OP.

EDIT: Balefire sells for 1C right now :D Balfire (level 25 scorching ray) with 3 support gems is about the same as damage as level 20 Balfire with 4 support gems!

EDIT2: If we used a Malachai's Artifice we can save 4 skill points on the passive tree for Equilibrium

EDIT3: Pyre ring adds about 14% more DOT DPS

Yes now I'm piling on the gear but all these are super cheap :)

EDIT4: Balefire is a sceptre so we can still cyclone with it. I'm considering leap slam if I'm going to be using scorching ray!

Sorry, you guide got me excited :D
Last edited by Chubbypuppy on Aug 7, 2020, 3:58:25 PM
"
Chubbypuppy wrote:
Please forgive me if all the following items has been discussed before, I didnt read all the pages.

It's amazing you got RF to work without any items, so my imagination is blowing up on what we can do with gear!

A lot of the focus has been on sustaining Righteous Fire in SSF where you don’t have access to most uniques (or even someone else’s crafted rares).

Trade league is a whole different ballgame, but in previous leagues, most of the comments have been on regeneration uniques to sustain RF as early as possible:
• Araku Tiki Coral Amulet
• 2 ✕ Kikazaru Topaz Ring
• Springleaf Plank Kite Shield → The Oak Plank Kite Shield → Rise of the Phoenix Mosaic Kite Shield
• Watcher’s Eye Prismatic Jewel (with mod for bonus to Vitality)
Thanks for the reply!

I recognize the guide is targeted for SSF, I was just trying to put my own spin on it with cheap uniques.

It seems like the POB has so much regen that we can change purity of fire to skitterbots (with no gear) and still sustain, while getting more damage from shock
"
Chubbypuppy wrote:
Spoiler

I'm going through your POB to check for gotchas. One mistake I made before was having immortal call in my POB, then wondering why it didn't work in my real character in game. I turned off things that required a hit like immortal call, and we are still near break even (like only -35 hps), so good deal!

I also wondered what if we used Balefire (unique weapon that grants level 25 scorching ray). You can add 500K burning damage with just 3 support gems in the weapon!

I saw the section about sustaining RF as soon as possible, but you mentioned all the steps which involves getting to act 7 for the major god. What is the earliest where we can turn on RF and not die?

Thanks again! Your guides are a very different breath of freshness. So many guides are OP because their gear is OP.

EDIT: Balefire sells for 1C right now :D Balfire (level 25 scorching ray) with 3 support gems is about the same as damage as level 20 Balfire with 4 support gems!

EDIT2: If we used a Malachai's Artifice we can save 4 skill points on the passive tree for Equilibrium

EDIT3: Pyre ring adds about 14% more DOT DPS

Yes now I'm piling on the gear but all these are super cheap :)

EDIT4: Balefire is a sceptre so we can still cyclone with it. I'm considering leap slam if I'm going to be using scorching ray!

Sorry, you guide got me excited :D
Hey Chubbypuppy!

Haha! Nothing to be sorry about :). I'm glad the guides are a breath of fresh air for you and that you're enjoying the concept of them too.

The build itself, as you upgrade your gear, will be able to take you through all portions of the game except for HoG. But the freedom I provide in the builds definitely encourages you to make the build your own as well.

If Scorching Ray is a comfortable way to play for you, Balefire is an awesome Sceptre as long as you can keep the core Synergy of the build together. It is a huge Damage increase for sure. A side note on that, Exposure does not stack. So Wave of Conviction would only have value when SR isn't being channelled.

Malachai's Artifice's Artifice has some huge cons to it, like no life or resists, but it does free up some points. So just make sure those points are worth it, another way to look at it is, are the number of points leading to EE on the tree, worth the removal of Malachai's Artifice? As is the choice with every Unique in the game, it's up to you. Same with Pyre. Good offence, no defence. Up to you. I don't think we Ignite too often with the build (RF skips that stage) but the damage increase is nice for sure.

Make any gearing changes you like! If you find survivability starts lacking, start replacing the least exciting ones with decent Rares.

I love seeing your brain gear up ;).

Thanks c3rement for a good levelling response. As mentioned Chubbypuppy, there isn't really a flat level that you can sustain RF at since gear will always be different per playthrough. But with a Ruby Flask, Enduring Cry, maxed fire resist, a stone golem, and some life regen per end. charge, a button happy player should be fine in act 3 or 4. But that's too much work for me ;).

Ask as much as you like! I'm glad you're enjoying yourself so far!

Annnnnd

"
Chubbypuppy wrote:
Spoiler
Thanks for the reply!

I recognize the guide is targeted for SSF, I was just trying to put my own spin on it with cheap uniques.

It seems like the POB has so much regen that we can change purity of fire to skitterbots (with no gear) and still sustain, while getting more damage from shock
I almost had Skitterbots instead of Malevolence in this build. To have both would be great :)

Annnnnd

Thank you for your replies and good points about the rings. Definitely got a bit POB warrior there :D

Malachai adds a lot of lightning resist, and Pyre is 12% more DOT damage, but as you said I'll have to see how the rest of my gear looks like. I only play in trade league so I have a lot more latitude than this guide, but this guide definitely sets the foundation of getting RF working in the first place!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info