3.11 - Stress-Free PoE! RF HAPPY: No Required Items! 1-Button Play! SSF League Start-End!

"
c3rement wrote:
Spoiler
For anyone interested, I think I’ve found a decent option for leveling: Incinerate

Still in early levels, but it’s going a lot smoother than trying to rely on melee-physical or melee-fire skills. Two main caveats: 1) not a league starter or early SSF, you will need get a Templar, Witch, or Shadow up to Siren’s Cadence quest for the skill gem (and support gems), and 2) it’s very INT heavy, needs a Lapis amulet pretty much immediately
Despite the cons, it's a great suggestion. Thanks c3rement!
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
"
glittertron wrote:
Spoiler
Hi there,

I have loved playing your RF build for two seasons now. And I struggle deeply with the end game. I was wondering if you could take a look at my gear/tree and give me some idea of where I went wrong? I am at level 89 on this particular chieftain. I just find, when there's a group I get zapped hard. I love the podcast, btw!

The character for this build is erisharvestchorson, thanks for any advice.
Hey glittertron! Thanks for playing the builds and sticking with them. I'm sorry endgame is not doing well for you. I took a look at your gear and my guess is that damage isn't the issue but survivability. Most of your gear is better than mine. I love your sceptre! I would expect you do better damage than me as well. I think the issue, though one thing, impacts much of your gear...it'd be your life rolls. With RF, your life mods can't be secondary. It'll take time if you're going the SSF route, but prioritize life, then resist, then damage on your gear. Your gear is absolutely awesome. Some life mods don't need to be replaced. But some most definitely do.

I know it's a lot and it'll take time, but it'll come. Keep grinding (if you're enjoying it) and the drops will come. For some encouragement, here's my last play session with this build (https://youtu.be/rwv6qObCA34?t=2602). I don't have any fancy or expensive gear and I'm on a 5 link. This is an A7 Drox. I prioritized the same way, life, resists, then damage.

I hope that helps. Ask anything you like as you keep going.

And thanks for the podcast note :). I'll pass it along to Tagz. I'm happy to hear you like it!
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
Last edited by Wrecker_of_Days on Aug 1, 2020, 7:52:38 PM
Can anyone please tell me how to link an item to a thread?
I got a chest with recover 4% life on kill. How good is this chest for our RF build? I'm not really sure :/

Oh and wrecker, I'm short 1 passive point on both your RF & necromancer build. I did all quest, any idea where 1 passive point is usually missing?
Last edited by Hansen_Haryono on Aug 2, 2020, 1:42:43 AM
"
1. Some people miss the levelling section that I have because it's actually in the post below the original post of the guide. If you did see it, what recommendations would you make for the SSF experience? I honestly consider all content but likely won't bend on the mentality with which I "guide". But I've likely missed stuff and I'm all ears for ideas and such!
But StandardFiend summarized RF well. It's not a fast levelling experience. It has a huge payoff...and the price you pay is getting there.

For starting out this build in SSF, I did make a Templar, but took him only as far as the medicine chest. That got me Purifying Flame and Arcane Surge Gems. (All the flasks were a bonus.) The Marauder gets Onslaught from the medicine chest quest, which can also support Purifying Flame.

The Marauder can also buy Holy Flame Totem, which fits in well with the build.

The other thing to do early on is *shop*. It's common to look for movement speed boots in case you don't get the currency for the quicksilver recipe. But for this build, at early levels wands, sceptres and spirit shields with +1 to all Fire skill gems or +1 to all Physical skill gems are not uncommon.

Purifying Flame and Holy Fire Totem are Fire/Physical skills so can benefit from both +1 Fire and +1 Physical.

In fact Nessa sold me both of these in Harvest SSF:

Leveling with Purifying Flame and Holy Flame Totem went smoothly on 3/4 links. I did allocate a +30 Intelligence node which I later respecced. My damage fizzled out right when Righteous Fire became sustainable.

The only real snag was meeting Alva - I would have been happier if I'd just skipped all Incursion encounters before maps.
Running heists fully zoomed in... because
Care take a look at my build? Can do Tier 5 easily, haven't tried higher maps though. How can I improve damage? Also have problem killing AL Hizman, any suggestion?
Hi Wrecker! Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions! :)

Spoiler
"
If you watch any of my play sessions with this build, you'll see Ball Lightning going off ALL the time. It also doesn't have a limit to how many enemies it hits while Arc only hits 7 enemies I think? But then, that's not really an issue because we only really care about the bosses anyway.

I guess I'm going back to Ball Lightning now and see how it feels. Now that I'm mapping the Vaal Arc doesn't really make much difference other than applying the curse but then that should happen anyway as Vall Cyclone hits incoming trash. I just like to experiment with stuff. :)

Spoiler
"
Increasing Fire, Elemental, and DOT all apply to RF damage. DOT Multipliers are the strongest of the mods for sure.

"
We don't want to add fire damage to our Spells or Attacks.

I think these weren't mentioned in the guide, or did I just miss them? In the former case they may worth the addition - in the latter, my bad.

Speaking of them tho, got some really nice gear lately:
Spoiler
Found and enchanted this beauty:

Cold and Lightning for Cyclone, and lots of Ele/Fire dmg :)

Also traded this amulet with +1 to Minimum Endurance Charges and lots of Life:

Then found this head which gives a significant boost to Life and Life Regen:

(Tho I feel I could get more out of a Rare with some crafting and lucky rolls.)

I'm pretty happy with these now!

Speaking of gear, I'm thinking about two things now:

1; Anointment. One thing I'm considering is to allocate Elemental Equilibrium this way, and have some more Int on gear and then so I'm saving 4 passive points that could go into Cluster Jewel for example. Or do you think there is something more useful to allocate via Anointment?

2; I've just found this and I want to try it:

This sounds like it would synergize perfectly with the mechanic of gaining and losing charges using Enduring Cry, but I have two fears: That I may reach max charges and lose them faster than the cooldown of the cry, even with the reduction, and that I would end up not being able to cry manually when I need that sudden burst of Life to save my ass.

And finally a suggestion: While the build is not depending on specific gear, there are obviously certain types of items and Uniques that benefit it much more than most. It would be really nice to have a section added with a bunch of these to look out for, especially for us multiplayer folks because we may be able to get them via trading relatively early. And generally, any advice on choosing gear you think may be useful for people - especially noobs like myself.
"
Can anyone please tell me how to link an item to a thread?

When in the "Post reply" editor, click your Character on the top-left of the website (or Switch to the one first). This opens your inventory/stash etc. and you can simply click on any item to insert the link in the message body where your typing cursor is (the vertical blinking line) is.
I'm in a quandary now. This dropped in SSF, so I feel obliged to use it:

I have Righteous Fire and Purity of Fire in my staff, so my current armour has Cyclone/Inspiration/Fortify/Enduring Cry in a four link and Malevolence and Leap Slam in other sockets.

Compared to my current body armour (58 life) it gives me 21% more life. I also have an armour with 122 life that I need to give sockets. Kaom's Heart would still be 18% more life than that.

The higher life basically makes up for Malevolence (20% more damage over time). An unset ring could also work, and if it had +2 gem levels, it would make Malevolence 21% more damage over time.

A belt with Elder influence can grant a level 22 Enduring cry skill. (It can also grant increased life recovery.)

Having 20% more life is essentially the same as Fortify's 20% less damage from hits.

That leaves Cyclone, the Inspiration charges, and hitting so the Holy Relic triggers.
I've noticed a few other people are looking to switching to Kaom's heart. What I've been thinking of doing once I have a helmet I'd be happy to put RF in is. Get boots with Fortify (easy to make) then put Cyclone, Inspiration, Curse on Hit and Flammability there. I'd be using + cold/lightning on attack to trigger EE with Cyclone. What I had in my helmet, The Purifying/Wave would move to a scepter, though I am thinking of dropping Purifying to make it fit. My helmet is still a ways off from what I want so I haven't put too much time in checking everything out.
"
Domzors wrote:
I've noticed a few other people are looking to switching to Kaom's heart. What I've been thinking of doing once I have a helmet I'd be happy to put RF in is. Get boots with Fortify (easy to make) then put Cyclone, Inspiration, Curse on Hit and Flammability there. I'd be using + cold/lightning on attack to trigger EE with Cyclone. What I had in my helmet, The Purifying/Wave would move to a scepter, though I am thinking of dropping Purifying to make it fit. My helmet is still a ways off from what I want so I haven't put too much time in checking everything out.

I'm only looking because one dropped in SSF. So it would be wrong (not to) do that here.

Since my ring/amulet adds cold/lightning damage, that will proc Elemental Equilibrium. From looking in Path of Building, the Flammability curse is the best thing for me to drop.

So in place of the curse on hit CWDT, I have Cyclone/Inspiration/Fortify and Enduring Cry. If/when I can get Enduring Cry on a Belt, I'll bring Malevolence back.

And I happen to be wearing all armour items now - zero energy shield - I feel more Marauder-like. :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info