3.11 - Stress-Free PoE! RF HAPPY: No Required Items! 1-Button Play! SSF League Start-End!

Wrecker, I want to share something I've been working on, and it has some relevance here.

Spoiler
Holy Crusade Guardian
(POB Pastebin)

This is a build I've been working on, taking some inspiration from you and this RF build. It's pretty much the first build that I've made myself.

The idea is to run at the head of an army of crusaders. Holy Relics with Geofri's Legacy provide the lion's share of the damage, but you have to hit with something to trigger the relics, so I thought Dominating Blow was particularly synergistic, and the minion damage it provides is far from irrelevant.
Mainly, I want to be an absolute tank, with highest life and regen, letting the relics and the minions do the damage.

Gems
The main damage source is Holy Relic, so should run as a 5/6L:
Holy Relic
Minion Damage
Deathmark
Controlled Destruction
Meat Shield

Brutality

Dominating Blow's damage is largely irrelevant, but I've found the following set up to provide pretty good QoL:
Dominating Blow
Ancestral Call
Multistrike
Melee Physical Damage

I also really liked the CwDT/Purifying Flame/Wave of Conviction setup you had here, so slotted that right in. I happen to be running a shield that adds a ton of physical to fire; without that, I'd take out Wave of Conviction and run probably Tempest Shield instead, but for the time being it just happens to work perfectly.

I'm also running a CoH setup as follows:
Reckoning
Curse on Hit
Vulnerability

This is not ideal because Reckoning doesn't go off that much, so when I have the gear/sockets to do so I plan to also borrow your CoH setup, probably replacing Ball Lightning with something more melee-oriented.

As for miscellaneous gems, I'm also running:
Herald of Purity (more crusaders!)
Vitality
Enduring Cry

So, if you have a few minutes to look over the build and the gems and offer some of your expert advice, I'd surely appreciate it. Mainly I need help optimizing the tree for maximum life/regen while not making damage too poor to work properly, as well as optimizing my gem setups.

The reason I ask you specifically is because I designed this to work under your philosophy of Stress-Free PoE. It's not exactly one-button, as you need a second button for Deathmark, but, close enough :)

As for the part relevant to the build here, I want to share my levelling experience while working on the above build.

Keep in mind the tree I was going for is very similar to this RF tree, so I believe there would be no difference in being a Marauder and obviously selecting fire damage nodes and not minion damage nodes.

I set up Holy Relic and Herald of Purity as soon as I had access to them, and tried various melee skills (Sunder, Static Strike, Consecrated Path) until I was able to get Dominating Blow, which then carried me through the entire rest of the campaign.

I beat Act 10 Kitava yesterday with 62 unspent passive points. That's just 33 points into the tree, mainly life and various stats I needed for gear/gems. At first I was just hesitant to commit points as I was unsure of my build, but eventually it just got to the point where I was like, can I actually beat this game without allocating my points? And the answer turned out to be, yep.

Dominating Blow and Holy Relic are a hard carry, man, and I can guarantee I'll be using them to level my next RF guy. They make up the damage while you work on your life and regen to sustain RF.
Last edited by StandardFiend on Aug 7, 2020, 6:02:17 PM
"
Chubbypuppy wrote:
Thanks for the reply!

I recognize the guide is targeted for SSF, I was just trying to put my own spin on it with cheap uniques.

It seems like the POB has so much regen that we can change purity of fire to skitterbots (with no gear) and still sustain, while getting more damage from shock

My variation of the build is even more defensive. I helped Oak for more regeneration. I took Annointed Flesh for max resists and 50% reduced effect of shock on my character.

I like being able to run Vaal side areas with less life recovery or minus maximum resist - so far, 40% less recovery and -11% max resists have been okay. Ditto for those mods in the Temple of Azoatl or a Zana mission.

Running heists fully zoomed in... because
Last edited by CelticHound on Aug 8, 2020, 11:59:11 AM
"
Chubbypuppy wrote:
Spoiler
Thank you for your replies and good points about the rings. Definitely got a bit POB warrior there :D

Malachai adds a lot of lightning resist, and Pyre is 12% more DOT damage, but as you said I'll have to see how the rest of my gear looks like. I only play in trade league so I have a lot more latitude than this guide, but this guide definitely sets the foundation of getting RF working in the first place!
:) Thanks Chubbypuppy! Enjoy making whichever changes. You have the guide to fall back on if the changes don't work out. Have fun!
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
Last edited by Wrecker_of_Days on Aug 8, 2020, 1:51:58 PM
"
StandardFiend wrote:
Spoiler
Wrecker, I want to share something I've been working on, and it has some relevance here.

Spoiler
Holy Crusade Guardian
(POB Pastebin)

This is a build I've been working on, taking some inspiration from you and this RF build. It's pretty much the first build that I've made myself.

The idea is to run at the head of an army of crusaders. Holy Relics with Geofri's Legacy provide the lion's share of the damage, but you have to hit with something to trigger the relics, so I thought Dominating Blow was particularly synergistic, and the minion damage it provides is far from irrelevant.
Mainly, I want to be an absolute tank, with highest life and regen, letting the relics and the minions do the damage.

Gems
The main damage source is Holy Relic, so should run as a 5/6L:
Holy Relic
Minion Damage
Deathmark
Controlled Destruction
Meat Shield

Brutality

Dominating Blow's damage is largely irrelevant, but I've found the following set up to provide pretty good QoL:
Dominating Blow
Ancestral Call
Multistrike
Melee Physical Damage

I also really liked the CwDT/Purifying Flame/Wave of Conviction setup you had here, so slotted that right in. I happen to be running a shield that adds a ton of physical to fire; without that, I'd take out Wave of Conviction and run probably Tempest Shield instead, but for the time being it just happens to work perfectly.

I'm also running a CoH setup as follows:
Reckoning
Curse on Hit
Vulnerability

This is not ideal because Reckoning doesn't go off that much, so when I have the gear/sockets to do so I plan to also borrow your CoH setup, probably replacing Ball Lightning with something more melee-oriented.

As for miscellaneous gems, I'm also running:
Herald of Purity (more crusaders!)
Vitality
Enduring Cry

So, if you have a few minutes to look over the build and the gems and offer some of your expert advice, I'd surely appreciate it. Mainly I need help optimizing the tree for maximum life/regen while not making damage too poor to work properly, as well as optimizing my gem setups.

The reason I ask you specifically is because I designed this to work under your philosophy of Stress-Free PoE. It's not exactly one-button, as you need a second button for Deathmark, but, close enough :)

As for the part relevant to the build here, I want to share my levelling experience while working on the above build.

Keep in mind the tree I was going for is very similar to this RF tree, so I believe there would be no difference in being a Marauder and obviously selecting fire damage nodes and not minion damage nodes.

I set up Holy Relic and Herald of Purity as soon as I had access to them, and tried various melee skills (Sunder, Static Strike, Consecrated Path) until I was able to get Dominating Blow, which then carried me through the entire rest of the campaign.

I beat Act 10 Kitava yesterday with 62 unspent passive points. That's just 33 points into the tree, mainly life and various stats I needed for gear/gems. At first I was just hesitant to commit points as I was unsure of my build, but eventually it just got to the point where I was like, can I actually beat this game without allocating my points? And the answer turned out to be, yep.

Dominating Blow and Holy Relic are a hard carry, man, and I can guarantee I'll be using them to level my next RF guy. They make up the damage while you work on your life and regen to sustain RF.
That looks pretty cool StandardFiend! Nice job! That's crazy that you beat the campaign with 60 points to spend!

In regards to your tree, you have awesome life and defence so it'll simply take gameplay to find out if you have enough minion damage for the hardest content.

Your gem setup looks good. Regarding Holy Relic, Holy Relic can't Taunt, so Meat Shield would only be there for the behaviour preference. Deathmark would also only be for the damage bonus as Relic's constant AoE doesn't need to be aimed. Unless you have more gems you're considering, using a level 1 CwDT with CoH would get your curse out more frequently. And there is nothing wrong with Herald of Purity using up a lot more mana if you only reserving mana with Vitality.

I think it looks great! Try it out in gameplay and see how it goes. That's the best feedback you'll get for sure. Give the build patience, ascend, note your gear...it looks solid! Nice job!

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
"
CelticHound wrote:
Spoiler
My variation of the build is even more defensive. I helped Oak for more regeneration. I took Annointed Flesh for max resists and 50% reduced effect of shock on my character.

I like being able to run Vaal side areas with less life recovery or minus maximum resist - so far, 40% less recovery and -11% max resists have been okay. Ditto for those mods in the Temple of Azoatl or a Zana mission.
I hear defence wins championships CelticHound ;) so I'm with you. I'm trying to find a way to add both Crystal Skin and Anointed Flesh to the build for 3.12 without hurting damage too much. It'd go a long way for sure. Nice job on not needing to avoid those map mods!

Annnnnd

"
"
Spoiler

this is the item that I meant (with 4% life regen on kill)

and for someone who does not know how to trade, I'm happy recently got this shield. +5% max fire resist. :D

thank you @stormhun for the info how to attach item
Great items Hansen_Haryono! Getting the 4% on Kill mod makes clearing maps so fun. Your life sky rockets! And awesome find on the shield! That's a perfect fit for the build.

I forgot to answer your question about passive nodes. One node that's a pain to get is an Act 1/2 quest. It's an Act 1 quest that gets completed in Act 2, but then you have to go back to Act 1 to turn it in. The Way Forward I think it's called? Sometimes people makes mistakes with the Bandits as well.

Have you double-checked this link https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Passive_skill#Passive_skill_points_as_quest_rewards? The only passives that can be missed are campaign-related. So I'm not sure what else it would be. I hope this helps.

I double checked every quest, all is cleared except the fractured wall quest. Cleared it and no points either. Tried to type /passives and already got 24 from quest. Weird, I'll try to check again later.
Got to lv 88 recently, and finished eternal labyrinth.
5.3K HP, decent damage. This build is less stressful than the necromancer IMO. Easier gearing and less button too.

Thank you for your help :D
Last edited by Hansen_Haryono on Aug 9, 2020, 4:19:16 AM
"

I double checked every quest, all is cleared except the fractured wall quest. Cleared it and no points either. Tried to type /passives and already got 24 from quest. Weird, I'll try to check again later.
5.3K HP, decent damage. This build is less stressful than the necromancer IMO. Easier gearing and less button too.

Although the PoB link says the character is level 90 by the time the build's complete, 114 points are allocated (level 91). Just a minor mistake on the part of the PoB; you're rocking 111 points, so you're not missing any.
"

If you watch any of my play sessions with this build, you'll see Ball Lightning going off ALL the time. It also doesn't have a limit to how many enemies it hits while Arc only hits 7 enemies I think?

For anyone who’s played around with regular Arc instead of Ball Lightning, what’s the experience been like?

I’m also curious about using Arc and can see a few advantages. At gem level 8, Arc has +5 chains and “each time the main beam chains it will also chain to a second enemy”, so 11(?) enemies each time it’s cast combined with “going off ALL the time” sounds like you don’t need to worry about coverage. The main advantage of Arc is it’s ability to go around corners and not needing to “aim”. Ball Lightning heads off in a straight line, so it’ll miss if you’re facing away from the rare/unique/boss.

Contrast that with Arc will only hit a boss once if he’s by himself whereas Ball Lightning will repeatedly hit the boss as long as he’s within range of the ball.
Spoiler
"
"
"
Spoiler

this is the item that I meant (with 4% life regen on kill)

and for someone who does not know how to trade, I'm happy recently got this shield. +5% max fire resist. :D

thank you @stormhun for the info how to attach item
Great items Hansen_Haryono! Getting the 4% on Kill mod makes clearing maps so fun. Your life sky rockets! And awesome find on the shield! That's a perfect fit for the build.

I forgot to answer your question about passive nodes. One node that's a pain to get is an Act 1/2 quest. It's an Act 1 quest that gets completed in Act 2, but then you have to go back to Act 1 to turn it in. The Way Forward I think it's called? Sometimes people makes mistakes with the Bandits as well.

Have you double-checked this link https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Passive_skill#Passive_skill_points_as_quest_rewards? The only passives that can be missed are campaign-related. So I'm not sure what else it would be. I hope this helps.

"
Dragei wrote:
"

Although the PoB link says the character is level 90 by the time the build's complete, 114 points are allocated (level 91). Just a minor mistake on the part of the PoB; you're rocking 111 points, so you're not missing any.
Thanks Dragei! I didn't realize that I forgot to update that detail in PoB. Thanks for pointing it out. I'm sorry for the confusion Hansen_Haryono! I'm glad you're enjoying the build though and that it's Stress-Free. Congrats on Ascending!

Annnnnd

Playing my second char here (first was the awesome Slow-Mo-Zombies build) and since one hour I can sustain RF, hell that is fun! Thanks for your brilliant guides.

I didn't read all 30 pages, sorry if someone else mentioned it already, but just noticed that you wrote
"
Minor God:
- Anything you want.

but I discovered that Soul of Abberath reduces Fire Damage taken while moving by 5%. And from my testing, that works!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info