In Depth Arc/BL Mines Leaguestart Leveling Guide [Videos Included]

"
Strooder wrote:
Can you skip some of the mine nodes on the tree and still level decently well with this?

Depends which ones you have in mind, but yeah, some of them are definitely not necessary during leveling.

For everyone asking, I've also updated PoB on top of the original post, but the old leveling tree will work fine as well. Cheers! Good Luck with the league start everyone!
Superb lvling guide! Thanks, now if only i had read that before doing the first 4 acts the hard way. Getting the missing gems added now, looking forward to seeing how much it helps. You've earned a sub frol me on YT.

Side note: I would enjoy seeing a guide or short video on how we can use the harvest crafting to dial in on the gearing we need. Wasted too much time with it, myself, and not sure its much different than using a cheap essence during early game. And we dont have currency to dump into rerolling items over and over, so getting some free chances at rolling a better wand is nice, but without currency to put with it, i couldnt get anything worthwhile. But I am probably not going about it in an ideal way. Just a suggestion, im sure someone else will make it if you dont. But it would be a good guide to have to go with your build. Since its popular this season, might drag a good amount of new subs your way. Good luck!
I'm a noob just trying to follow a guide so I don't really know what's right and what's wrong.

I started out following Beerleague's guide here: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2660573

But the gearing/levelling section is all over the place.

So I looked at this guide that's all about levelling. It's clear enough but I'm already level 10 and the passive tree is already different to his...

After the first 2 nodes, he takes Trap & Mine damage nodes along the top, whereas this guide goes elemental damage (the bottom nodes of that wheel). And he takes the crit node on the way to saboteur.

I can't understand these choices being different in the two versions - I was expecting two BL builds would make the same choices on early nodes like those.

Maybe I should just make a new character?
Last edited by SpontaneousCombustion on Jun 21, 2020, 5:43:40 PM
Thanks for the in depth guide. I'm fusing this with builds from poe.ninja and my own knowledge of the game and it has been going nicely. I'm phasing conqueror's using gear that I found while leveling and an Agnerod West staff that cost 4 chaos. You don't need chaos resistance and poison immunity if Al-Hezmin is dead before he can even attack. I got a cospri drop this morning, and used the proceeds from that to buy a 5 link tremor rod. Things are about to get real!
"
I'm a noob just trying to follow a guide so I don't really know what's right and what's wrong.

I started out following Beerleague's guide here: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2660573

But the gearing/levelling section is all over the place.

So I looked at this guide that's all about levelling. It's clear enough but I'm already level 10 and the passive tree is already different to his...

After the first 2 nodes, he takes Trap & Mine damage nodes along the top, whereas this guide goes elemental damage (the bottom nodes of that wheel). And he takes the crit node on the way to saboteur.

I can't understand these choices being different in the two versions - I was expecting two BL builds would make the same choices on early nodes like those.

Maybe I should just make a new character?

You don’t need to make a new character; those nodes work just fine early on. You’re new to POE so focus on enjoying the game and understanding how the mechanics work. Don’t worry too much about optimizing everything. Without a good base of knowledge, it will be difficult to optimize a build, even if you’re following a guide. Here’s my more detailed answer to your question:

BL Mines scales it’s damage off critical strikes. That means you want #% increased critical strike chance and #% to critical strike multiplier. This doesn’t help much early in the game because you’re going to have very low crit chance. #% increased trap and mine damage and #% increased elemental damage will be more at level 10. #% increase damage is easy to come by. Eventually it will be optimal to take the intelligence nodes to trickery and spec out of the #% increase mine/elemental damage nodes because it saves you a passive point. But seriously, don’t worry about optimizing everything, just enjoy and try to understand why the build creators do what they do.
Hi, thanks for the build, currently playing it. Love it so far.

I am just a bit confused. Do you stay with 2 wands? Do you switch to Tremor Rod? When yes, why? You use Phase Acros and then not, why? etc. etc. quite dont get it.
When do you switch arc out? why then only play with ball lightning and not arc anymore?
First time playing miner.

Sorry for my english
Last edited by Saufkopp on Jun 23, 2020, 1:44:50 PM
Thanks Asmodeus, I've watched the speed run courses on youtube and while its very informative, i still took 20 hours (LOL) to get to map because im a bit slow :)

Finally found a corrupted 6L on SSF and it feels good.

thousand thanks again!
Thanks a lot for writing this! I've never before played miner and while I usually "get" the higher level setups when looking at builds, getting a build running for me is more complicated and really important! I had a really smooth leaguestart :)
This is my first post here so "Hello Poe World"!

As a former D3 player (2000+ h) this is my 3rd chance for this massive game. During previous two attempts (Blight, Delirium) I hit the wall of complexity and eventually got discouraged, not even reaching the 5th Act.

However after finding this thread I've decided to try once again, this time using "Arc/Mine Shadow bomber" path. To my surprise the gameplay is super smooth and juicy, gearing not that complicated and even the Harvest league itself is interesting!

Thank you so much @Asmodeus!!! The guide is AWESOME, so much easy to read and understand.

A "noob question #1": Does the SFF mode grants you any higher chance of finding a better gear?

Cheers!
Is there some reason that the No Witnesses node shouldn't proc Elusive? I thought if mines were excluded it would say "by you" or some such? For example Jewels with Knockback on Hit work. Is this a bug?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info