[3.11] HunterKee's⚡Penance Brand⚡| CI | All Content | League Start | Tanky

not sure why you grab the node to the left side before runebinder - given we don't want to increase brand duration, shouldn't you take the right hand node instead?
"
mrpetrov wrote:
not sure why you grab the node to the left side before runebinder - given we don't want to increase brand duration, shouldn't you take the right hand node instead?

We dont have brand before library. So, you don't need runebinder with lv25 leveling tree
Last edited by ahunterkee on Jun 19, 2020, 9:09:28 AM
This looks nice, but clunky at the same time :/ overally all brand skills looks bad from theory, but probably is a beast ingame.
"
Tecken1407 wrote:
This looks nice, but clunky at the same time :/ overally all brand skills looks bad from theory, but probably is a beast ingame.

For mapping with swiftbrand no duration you will have:

2.5 x (1-0.65) = 0.875s to explode itself on a single target

For mapping, when it spread it will speed up the energy building process which will easy to reach 20 energy. When it reach 20 energy, it will deal AOE base damage. The base damage you could consider deal almost same as Storm brand one tick.

For bossing, you will have 2 brand help each other to reach full energy
"
ahunterkee wrote:
"
mrpetrov wrote:

We dont have brand before library. So, you don't need runebinder with lv25 leveling tree

I'm not referring to the levelling tree - all the trees, even end game - have you taking the increased brand duration node immediately prior to runebinder. I would have thought you would prefer the brand attachment range node, given we don't actually want to increase brand duration with this build?

EDIT: this guy has done a pretty cool penance brand calculator which is worth taking a look at imo: https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/hbt9ad/penance_brand_calculator_sim/
Last edited by mrpetrov on Jun 19, 2020, 9:25:14 AM
"
mrpetrov wrote:
I'm not referring to the levelling tree - all the trees, even end game - have you taking the increased brand duration node immediately prior to runebinder. I would have thought you would prefer the brand attachment range node, given we don't actually want to increase brand duration with this build?

EDIT: this guy has done a pretty cool penance brand calculator which is worth taking a look at imo: https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/hbt9ad/penance_brand_calculator_sim/

My concept was:

Because how penance brand spread itself and increase area of effect when spreading. We don't really need attachment range node because after 1 sec brand is gone. We will need to cast ourselves. We barely receive any buff from attachment range.

The only thing matter is cast speed and enough duration when 2 brand attach to an enemy, first one could reach as high energy as possible.

Thx for the calculation link :D
Last edited by ahunterkee on Jun 19, 2020, 11:00:03 AM
I'm excited to try this out! Hopefully it doesnt completely suck and im stuck with a useless character but i will trust!
why the tree in the guide and PoB are different, which is better?
While leveling I've found it to be quite annoying to constantly recast the brands (swiftbrand support, no duration passives). Thinking about going spellslinger with penance brand. That might work alright actually if we can get cast speed (activation frequency) high enough that the 0,5s spellsling cooldown over 5 brands would allow the brands to cap out the stacks.

yeah this is rough... i cant even clear t1 maps..

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info