Last Epoch latest patch feels really good

Took a break of 1+ week and played a little further today.

Noticed some new changes in the Imperial Era. New mini bosses, new areas and an updated Immortal Emperor fight.

In regards how i will play my Runemaster.

I wanted to transition later to RNG Runebolt to cast random spells with Runic Invocation.
But i switched shortly back to Fireball (as my spammable skill) instead since getting only fire runes is more consistent damage for me, especially since i'm deep into fire damage+ignite and dont have much general elemental damage runes to craft my gear to make the RNG Invocations do good dmg.

Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
Last edited by gandhar0 on Sep 25, 2023, 9:04:29 PM
Don't like Runemaster at all. Having to cast 3 specific spells for 1 big one doesn't feel great. You can't compare it to warcry slams I guess but here you need to cast stuff in a specific order.
I wanted to go for the spinny DOT beams, so I'm using Elemental Nova as the main rune-generating skill, and just have to fire off one other skill out of order once when I load the game up, to get it generating in the right order from then on. I thought EN, once individual novas were allocated, would give you the rune associated with the nova it randomly chooses, but it doesn't, which is kind of odd but nonetheless very convenient in terms of consistency.

Yeah, if you wanted to commit to having full control over invocations at all times then you'd have to commit to three skills (or perhaps two with some well-timed uses of a multi-element skill, I'm not sure), but that's okay, that's the nature of builds in this genre.
"
I wanted to go for the spinny DOT beams, so I'm using Elemental Nova as the main rune-generating skill, and just have to fire off one other skill out of order once when I load the game up, to get it generating in the right order from then on. I thought EN, once individual novas were allocated, would give you the rune associated with the nova it randomly chooses, but it doesn't, which is kind of odd but nonetheless very convenient in terms of consistency.

Yeah, if you wanted to commit to having full control over invocations at all times then you'd have to commit to three skills (or perhaps two with some well-timed uses of a multi-element skill, I'm not sure), but that's okay, that's the nature of builds in this genre.

Tested it shortly and got lucky with the (3-element)spinning beam around me but:

Elemental nova generates the runes in a randomized order and thus the Invocations you call afterwards generate random spells. I would rely more on consistency and use 3 damage type spells instead to get the effect you need at the right time.

This EN or (to some extent) runebolt playstyle is highly ineffective even if you have general elemental damage because in the heat of a fight you want maybe big AOE or big single target effect you like but instead are at the judge of the RNG god.

Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Last edited by gandhar0 on Sep 28, 2023, 2:50:03 AM
"
gandhar0 wrote:
Elemental nova generates the runes in a randomized order and thus the Invocations you call afterwards generate random spells.
That sucks. I don't know what to tell you man, this is just not the case on my character. I'm literally doing it right now (went to check in case there'd been a patch changing the behaviour, but thankfully there hasn't). Three casts of EN, invocation gives the beams, over and over and over. Character is only level 38 but it's been playing like this just fine since I got the mastery.

It generates the same cycle repeated forever (FLI), but to start with, the cycle is going in the 'wrong direction' for the spell I want (FIL). But I found that it also tries to give me the rune I don't have in the previous two, and I can use that to switch the cycle's direction (I cast EN twice to get F, L, then Flame Shield to get FLF, then EN makes it LFI, and the next cast brings it to FIL). After that the new order 'sticks', making the invocation 100% reliable.

Only issue so far is that if I'm not paying attention to my runes, casting Flame Shield for, you know, actual defence is likely to mess up the order again, but that's okay, I'm going to get something from Invocation to get through the fight if I can't be bothered fixing it then and there.
Last edited by GusTheCrocodile on Sep 28, 2023, 3:12:08 AM
Cheers. Your video shows what I'm talking about: it's not random, you're getting a consistent order. You started off in the order FLIFLIFLIF..., same as me. (You 'pushed' that first F off the chain and so invoked at LIF insteaad, but it's the same cycle, you can run it as long as you like and invoke at any of the three possible skills for that order)

Later you switched the order of this cycle by forcing fire after lightning by casting Volcanic Orb. Afterward you were getting ILFILFILF.

I think it's choosing the next rune based on whichever is least present in the previous X runes, where X is probably 3-5.
Last edited by GusTheCrocodile on Sep 28, 2023, 7:22:45 PM
"
Johny_Snow wrote:
Don't like Runemaster at all. Having to cast 3 specific spells for 1 big one doesn't feel great. You can't compare it to warcry slams I guess but here you need to cast stuff in a specific order.

After further testing and finding a good Invocation for my fire ignite build there is a way to automate it.

Here a list of all Invocations:

https://www.lastepochtools.com/skills/runic_invocation/invocations

You have to allocate the passive Immutable Order in the Runic Invocation skill tree.
Doing that and placing elemental skills in a specific order (to match the Invocation) in your skill bar will make it so when you cast any spell it will always cast the runes in the same order.

Less headache imo and makes it more fluid, especially if you found a nice invocation for your playstyle. In my case it's Igneous Rain which can stack ignites really fast.
Masterpiece of 3.16 lore

One thing that turns me off is how cool new builds are locked behind uniques you need to farm and can't just buy. Annoying
A few more months to official 1.0 launch! Item factions is going to be really interesting to see how well it works out for the genre.
IGN: JerleNecroDD/JerleNecroRuthless
Harvest is the BEST league EVER. Deterministic crafting ftw.
How will POE2 and POE coexist?
"
I'm switching to Last Epoch.

I'm sick of GGG and their "make it frustrating design" and "if it's fun kill it" policies.

RIP PoE, thanks for some years of fun.

Yes. I don't take the project seriously either. they can't be serious.

I just watched videos and a few reviews. There are also loot filters..?!
and can you play it with others without any problems? Because I don't feel like solo mischief. And if so, what is the fps in the group and loot distribution? And can you instantly join a public game there or is the team search there too complex?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info