[3.13] Scarfuncle's Shield Charge Impaling Gladiator -Max Block, Great speed, Pack Explosions

Hey Scarfuncle, I've been following your guide this league and really enjoy the build! I just read through your latest version for Harvest and it looks great. I have a question, since I'm still a bit on the poor side (unlucky), and have a 5L Carcass. What is the best setup here for a 5L as I am currently running Shield Charge / Impale / Brutality / Melee Damage / Ruthless, but I'm wondering if Pulverise could be a better option in general instead of Ruthless?

By the way, I managed to get all white sockets from a lucky temple corruption, so colors don't currently matter.

Thanks!
Hi there!

Pulverise will give you slightly less damage but more aoe than ruthless. Pulverise tends to use less mana since it lowers attack speed, so it could be good if you're having trouble with mana. Since you already have devastator and the great one's gloves, I would say that you'll probably stick with ruthless for now.

If you want more damage, you can instantly do this by speccing out of revelry and using the 3 free passives you now have to get command of steel and the jewel slot above command of steel. That will add 12% increased damage (!) and maybe 7% max life if you find a good jewel.

The carcass jack 6l will run you 3 ex, but the price is dropping. Keep in mind that the jump to 6 link can cause mana issues if you don't have the -mana cost jewelry, so be sure you get that before you make the jump to 6 link.
Last edited by Scarfuncle on Jul 13, 2020, 6:12:37 PM
Hi, can i ask you to elaborate on the best ways to craft a shield like yours?

Thanks in advance
"
Parser7 wrote:
Hi, can i ask you to elaborate on the best ways to craft a shield like yours?

Thanks in advance

See "Leveling Guide - Gearing for maps and beyond" and the spoiler for "shield."

For the shaper version, I bought a shaper shield ilvl 86+, use t3 haku syndicate craft for 28 quality, spammed essence of dread until I got t1 armour and % increased armour. I used randomize prefix/suffix/implicits as lucky craft to get good rolls from there. Then, I crafted a lightning resist suffix on my shield and used a remove lightning add lightning to get the shock on block. I added chill on block in a similar way. Then, I did augment life (i think) to add a prefix that gave life and increased armour (though I got a crappy roll).

That'll do it. Harvest league is a little crazy but you don't need all this to make a good build by following the guide.
Still enjoying the build. I'm more on the casual hours of playing, but this build has been great blasting everything to t16. Struggling a little with some bosses, but that may be more on me learning their mechanics.

Currently rolling dread essence on a new shield.

If you have any tips on how to improve outside of shield i'm all ears :)

Still charging and upgrading.
Currently almost done crafting my new shield. Just replacing life mod until I hit 5% life on block.
Also crafting a new ammy. Just waiting to remove lightning + add good life and chaos res.
Finished gathering all the orbs.
Just more min/max crafting with Harvest. Pretty fun.

Feel very strong defensively. DPS is slowly getting better.

I found another dude who was running shield charge with some interesting differences.

https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds/char/Glorfindal/HadEnough?i=1&search=class%3DGladiator%26skill%3DShield-Charge

I'm curious how he is able to still use Shield Charge while running all those auras (Pride, Herald of Purity, Dread banner, B&S, F&S) I see he is using 2x enlighten 4/20 + Pride ammy + Master of Command. All of that with 3x -9 mana cost crafts. Doesn't seem to still add up? I really want to try this but 2x 4/20 enlighten is quite the investment to experiment. I tried looking at his PoB but it seemed to show Shield Charge costing more than the available mana. So I was confused.
Yes, Glorfindal definitely has some elite gear and is able to slot herald of purity on top of everything else - he has been the first to exceed 10million damage with shield charge. I think it is the passive tree that's giving him a little more mana reservation. Try messaging him to ask about it - he's a nice guy.
Last edited by Scarfuncle on Jul 25, 2020, 1:55:47 AM
Bump
I've been juggling the tree and gear for a hot minute now and am wondering how viable this could be for SSF AND as a league start. Usually I have a good sense of what to look for when gauging how viable a build is for SSF league start but shield charge is such a whack ass skill to use for damage that it's hard for me to tell.

What are your thoughts?
This was my league starter and it works great as one. Many people did this as league start for Harvest.

SSF is untested, but I have played a little SSF and can make some assumptions. I don't see anyone completing the new buffed shaper in SSF without some real time into the grind. I'm certain in SSF you could do T16 maps though.

SSF is always better for spells in my opinion. The damage scales on the gem rather than on the "weapon." The weapon in our case is the shield. You'd have to find a way to get an Ilvl 86 Colossal shield and I think you'd need boxes in a t16 map to get that. The battle with this character is the damage (max block protects from so much) and SSF will nerf you quite a bit for damage.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info