Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

[3.13] Scarfuncle's Shield Charge Impaling Gladiator -Max Block, Great speed, Pack Explosions

Guide updated with helmet enchants. Here is the order of preference, from best to acceptable:

Dread banner effect
Shield Charge att speed
blood and sand
Blood rage
Shield Charge damage
Punishment effect

Get what you can - craft league, go nuts!
Just want to say that this build is the perfect blend of chaotic button mashing and first-hand damage. Great guide!
Currently leveling with this build and since i got level 20 and my double praxis its insane! im gonna reach map tomorrow and see how it goes ! Nice build Scarfuncle :) Thanks
wich passive tree to use now?your PoB,passive tree section and the character you are leveling right now all have different tree so...do you have any finale version?

"
wich passive tree to use now?your PoB,passive tree section and the character you are leveling right now all have different tree so...do you have any finale version?

Use his profile, I reached out to him and referred me to poe profile not pob. But I am level 71 and just destroying things right now.
"
zakariusqc wrote:

Yes, it is leaguestart so we're going off what worked last league, accounting for what has changed in this one. Go with the POB to level, but check in once you're a higher level to see what new things are incorporated. This is not a stale build - it has a base and evolves from there. I will gladly help you with anything you need.
Quick update from OP - The build is going fantastically at level 86, my impale damage is 1 mil in POB already and my block chance is 75 in my base.

I'm starting to believe that warcries may not be worth it on this build. I haven't taken the node to get 3 exerts, but kinda don't want to. It is clear that Exert and warcries are intended for slow attacking builds and since we attack so fast it's not that compatible with our playstyle.

If I don't see something compelling on warcries, I'll be dropping intimidating cry once I get awakened melee physical damage.
Love the diablo III Crusader feel in this build,
Was looking for a build like this after i tryed chain hook last league

I'm currently cruising in maps, leveling was ok
In my opinion the build really started getting safe and fun
with Versatile combatant

Im sort of a noob so don't trust me but anyway
Thanks for this great detailed build,
Helped me understand lots of things.
and im pushing endgame thanks to it

Onwards !
After a few days of testing, I couldn't make a Champion version of this build that went anywhere. Any map with some magic damage, baran influence or whatever would usually 1shot me, so I respec'd into the original gladiator ascendancy, which feels much more powerful and more resilient from the get-go. I believe the spell block alone makes gladiator a better ascendancy, but the added attack speed more than compensates for the banner/impale focused champion nodes, which makes the champion build a worse choice by far.

If anyone can make a workable champion version of this, I'd love to see the results.
Thanks so much for an interesting and 'off-meta' build Scarfuncle!

I'm currently playing on Hardcore Harvest and wondering if there is any recommondation (gem changes/curses etc), passive changes/pathing or warnings in general :P.

I see you don't use Fortify, so my thinking was to try put it on Leap Slam so not to waste a link on Shield Charge itself?

With regards to the CWDT Curse, instead of a damage one - was thinking Temp Chains/Enfeeble could be wise?

Currently following your live tree/links and goning well - look forward to your findings/updates!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info