-

"
Roadside22 wrote:
G=G=G what is this?

I thought maybe it's socket colors? Maybe not though...
"
Roadside22 wrote:
G=G=G what is this?

Gem's color and its links
"
Mentoya wrote:
"
Roadside22 wrote:
G=G=G what is this?

I thought maybe it's socket colors? Maybe not though...

Yeah, socket colors and links
I cast remi - a very beginner friendly guide : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2866127
Support me if you want to! ttv/remicaster1
Alternate Quality gems of interest:

Blink Arrow: Alternate Quality 3
+1 Cooldown Use

Flesh and Stone: Alternate Quality 1
Buff grants 10% increased Evasion Rating and Armour

Malevolence: Alternate Quality 1
You and nearby allies have 10% increased Skill Effect Duration

Smoke Mine: Alternate Quality 2
Buff grants 10% increased Attack and Cast Speed

Summon Skitterbots: Alternate Quality 2
Minions have 10% increased Effect of non-Damaging Ailments on Enemies

Toxic Rain: Alternate Quality 1
10% increased Skill Effect Duration

Toxic Rain: Alternate Quality 2
Fires 2 additional Arrows
20% reduced Debuff Effect

---

Mirage Archer Support: Alternate Quality 1
Mirage Archer lasts -2 seconds
Mirage Archer fires 2 additional Projectiles with Supported Skills

Mirage Archer Support: Alternate Quality 2
Supported Skills have 20% increased Skill Effect Duration

Second Wind Support: Alternate Quality 1
Supported Skills have 10% reduced Cooldown Recovery Rate
Supported Non-Instant Skills have +1 Cooldown Use

Swift Affliction Support: Alternate Quality 1
Supported Skills have 5% increased Attack and Cast Speed
Supported Skills have 10% increased Projectile Speed

Void Manipulation Support: Alternate Quality 1
Supported Skills have 5% increased Area of Effect
IGN Iiyoru (Ambush League)
Notable questions here:

Is the Toxic Rain debuff effect both the DoT and the slow, or only one of either?

Would it be worth it to give up 10% AoE for 10% Skill Effect duration? (I suspect with Carcass Jack, yes, but someone not me would have to do the math :D)

Mirage Archer how buff can you get???

In total we can get 40% skill effect duration and 10% attack speed through alternate quality gems, while losing 10% AoE. Seems like a very worthwile trade to me.
Last edited by DLimited on Sep 17, 2020, 5:03:58 AM
"
DLimited wrote:
Notable questions here:

Is the Toxic Rain debuff effect both the DoT and the slow, or only one of either?

Would it be worth it to give up 10% AoE for 10% Skill Effect duration? (I suspect with Carcass Jack, yes, but someone not me would have to do the math :D)

In total we can get 40% skill effect duration and 10% attack speed through alternate quality gems, while losing 10% AoE. Seems like a very worthwile trade to me.

I believe it's only the slow

The AoE and Skill effect duration really depends, but in most cases Skill duration > AoE

Mirage archer can be proc by hitting the enemy, this usually start to appear after the pods starts exploding.

I cast remi - a very beginner friendly guide : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2866127
Support me if you want to! ttv/remicaster1
"
Remicaster1 wrote:

I believe it's only the slow

The AoE and Skill effect duration really depends, but in most cases Skill duration > AoE

Mirage archer can be proc by hitting the enemy, this usually start to appear after the pods starts exploding.

If it really is only the slow, then that'd be an easy way to get +2 projectiles, before upgrading into 21/20 and awakened gems for endgame - by then you should be able to get +1 quiver and +1 bow to make up for it.

"How buff can you get" was tongue-in-cheek aimed at the 20% skill effect duration from the Mirage Archer alternate quality, because that's an amazing upgrade over the 10% attack damage that it usually has. :D
Gamer = Geek = Gosh !
"
DLimited wrote:
Notable questions here:

It's only the slow.

And the 2 extra arrows will be really nice for map clearing, but they're not going to overlap for single target. And since map clearing isn't really an issue, the +duration is going to be the way to go.

People running around with 8, 9, 10+ arrows and only having maybe 28-31 AoE aren't really adding any DPS to their build. They're still clicking/bumping up the "# of overlapping pods" in their config tab on PoB, but they're only overlapping 5-6 pods.

You can't overlap 7 unless you have 35 AoE... period. And you're only overlapping 6 with 30 AoE and 5 with less than 30. So these PoB warriors with "9 overlapping pods" and 50M+ DPS aren't really doing 50M+ DPS.

Seberus is about the only guy with this build i know of that's doing 50M+ DPS with 6 overlapping arrows. But even his claim of 81M DPS with 9 arrows isn't true. He's got 33 AoE, so he's only overlapping 6 arrows. But even his 6 are about 54M DPS. But that's mostly because he's got insane gear and jewels and has crazy amounts of DoT Multi and atk speed.

If you truly want more damage, go with as much duration and attack speed as possible and get your AoE to 30 with at least 6 arrows. THAT is the reasonable and accurate sweet spot for this build.

Any more arrows than that, and all you're doing is making map clearing easier as your arrows above your AoE threshold simply spread out further, but won't all overlap.
Last edited by SkylerOG on Sep 17, 2020, 12:29:28 PM
"
DLimited wrote:
Alternate Quality gems of interest:

Blink Arrow: Alternate Quality 3
+1 Cooldown Use
>> Dash + second wind + enhance(4) + blood rage is the setup you want. Enhance(4) adds 6% more attack speed to blood rage and like .22s less cooldown on dash, by the way. Especially with second wind Alt-Q-1 addition adding a 3rd use to dash.

Flesh and Stone: Alternate Quality 1
Buff grants 10% increased Evasion Rating and Armour
>> Yep, want

Malevolence: Alternate Quality 1
You and nearby allies have 10% increased Skill Effect Duration
>> Yep, want

Smoke Mine: Alternate Quality 2
Buff grants 10% increased Attack and Cast Speed
>> Very nice... can dump lightning golem for this now

Summon Skitterbots: Alternate Quality 2
Minions have 10% increased Effect of non-Damaging Ailments on Enemies
>> Useless? I mean it's +1.9% shock effectiveness for the skitterbots, which isn't really anything. It's not going to add but a super tiny fraction to potential shock level.

Toxic Rain: Alternate Quality 1
10% increased Skill Effect Duration
>> Yep, want. This will be better than Alt-Q-2. Even at start because you're not going to have the AoE to overlap additional arrows.

Toxic Rain: Alternate Quality 2
Fires 2 additional Arrows
20% reduced Debuff Effect

>> Nope, see above.

---

Mirage Archer Support: Alternate Quality 1
Mirage Archer lasts -2 seconds
Mirage Archer fires 2 additional Projectiles with Supported Skills

>> Nope, see below.

Mirage Archer Support: Alternate Quality 2
Supported Skills have 20% increased Skill Effect Duration
>> Yep, want. For same reason you want TR Alt-Q-1, you want this one. You don't need your MA firing more arrows than you have AoE threshold to overlap. Duration is better.

Second Wind Support: Alternate Quality 1
Supported Skills have 10% reduced Cooldown Recovery Rate
Supported Non-Instant Skills have +1 Cooldown Use

>> Yep, want.

Swift Affliction Support: Alternate Quality 1
Supported Skills have 10% increased Projectile Speed

>> Probably not. I seriously doubt that 5% atk speed will be better than 10% DoT Multi. In fact I'm already certain it's not, so this is a definite No, do not want.

Void Manipulation Support: Alternate Quality 1
Supported Skills have 5% increased Area of Effect

>> Not sure yet. Need to see if 5% atk spd is better than 20% increased chaos damage. Also depends if you're just barely short of the next AoE breakpoint for an arrow/pod overlap, too.
Last edited by SkylerOG on Sep 17, 2020, 2:41:08 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info