-

quill and Tabula for red maps easily
"
ysocalm wrote:
hmm being newer to TR how much investment do you need realistically to push mid to high tier reds ? i see alot of ppl said before u pretty much just need a quil and carcass but since the carcass might not be as good anymore ?

Realistically you just need a 6L on either your quill rain or carcass, and +1/+2 ammy to hit red maps easily.

The cluster jewel setups can further help mapping in red maps and bossing much easier. I personally don't know the usual price for individual stuff right now, but usually just one cluster without the viridian/cobalt jewels at the end are usually on average 8-10ex more or less. (large and medium clusters go from 2-3ex more or less). Mediums still stay the same with wicked pall and student of decay, but i recommend not going tempered arrowheads/broadside large clusters and going wicked pall/unholy grace/misery everlasting ones instead.

Two setups of this is ideal, but even one setup is gonna make clearing so much easier and the increase in damage is really noticeable. Defensively, once you get both of your cluster setups and with max chaos res, you can spec into divine flesh.
"
ComfyExo wrote:
and +1/+2 ammy
+2 ammy is basically RIP with the return of chaos leech as chaos prefix. +1 is possible but probably not very budget friendly. Getting some chaos dot rolls on quiver / glove / neck could be easier obtainable, tbh it's probably easier and cheaper to prio 21/0 tr and empower 3 as soon as they start dropping prices (cheaper than amulet).
Last edited by Viktranka on Apr 14, 2021, 1:32:32 PM
Hello Remi !

I have 2 questions for you. I already try to play TR but cause of IRL issues, i stopped it (nothing to do with the build !). This time, i would like to push with it until the endgame.

Questions :
Do you want to stick to Pathfinder or it is better going to Deadeye like i could read this last hours ? => The name of the guide so i have my answer :) !
No pression, just wanted to know if there is any chance that the build is udapted for Ultimatum release with this new defensive setup ? => The build is udapting, nevermind :D !

I can't really said what will be the damage impact on the AOE of TR but i can presume that it still viable for the endgame content with Remi in control :) !

Thanks in advance for everything !
Last edited by Woodeath on Apr 14, 2021, 5:47:52 PM
So I went from about 186m dps in 3.13 to 155m in 3.14. The cluster nerfs hit hard since i'm using 3 clusters setups with 9 wicked palls and 3 exposure therapies in them, all nerfed. Lost about 17% dmg overall so I initially assumed this build loses about 20% dmg only at best. But that only applied to 3.13 toxic rain mechanics. I've no idea about 3.14 TR and how more aoe affects the spread and the overlaps since I need actual gameplay footage to see the damage done. But I would give it, along with the nerf, about a 25% dmg loss. It's a lot I can definitely say, but this doesn't mean the build is dead. Damage-wise, I can say this only really affects high-end min-maxed TR builds. TR damage at league start all the way to end game will still feel good nonetheless.

Survivability is gonna be rough without hardened scars now though. Apparently flesh and stone is still at 25% mana reserve on pob for me instead of 35%. But at 28 remaining mana right now, having the mana reserve go up to 35% will leave us with the negatives, so flesh and stone is iffy. We can still technically use flesh and stone, but we'd have to drop skitterbots for aspect of the spider to be able to have 3 auras up again and still be in the same spot as we were before the nerf mana-wise.

Since i've maxed out this build, my only concern personally is actually just the hardened scars nerf. But I guess i can just get fortify now with some general's cry + vigilant strike combo. It uses 2 gem slots though, but it's about 13 sec of fortify instead of our usual 4 sec, and about 25sec if the vigil is used. Other than that, the build is still the same as it was. You can still get to really good damage numbers since clusters are such a big damage boost.

I'm excited to see remi's take on other ascendancies like deadeye or maybe raider for this build as I do plan to come back to this build 2-3 months into ultimatum.
So concentrated effect actually gives us more damage? I would think so since TR deal DoT damage in an area, not area damage like VD or BV.
"
Viktranka wrote:
"
Remicaster1 wrote:
Not 100% facetank setup, rather it is on a timer but once the buff is up, you are basically immortal. (You'll know if it you saw the video)
The one where you tank shaper beam? I thought you were using berserk there but I'm worried about rage sustain when they remove the 0.3 internal cd on rage spent and you'll be forced to spend it with every attack, with rly high attack speed that's gonna drain rage in no time.

It's not berserk actually, it's immortal call and you could see my berserk was not up at the time, so does my gale force
I cast remi - a very beginner friendly guide : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2866127
Support me if you want to! ttv/remicaster1
"
ComfyExo wrote:

Survivability is gonna be rough without hardened scars now though. Apparently flesh and stone is still at 25% mana reserve on pob for me instead of 35%. But at 28 remaining mana right now, having the mana reserve go up to 35% will leave us with the negatives, so flesh and stone is iffy. We can still technically use flesh and stone, but we'd have to drop skitterbots for aspect of the spider to be able to have 3 auras up again and still be in the same spot as we were before the nerf mana-wise.

Since i've maxed out this build, my only concern personally is actually just the hardened scars nerf. But I guess i can just get fortify now with some general's cry + vigilant strike combo. It uses 2 gem slots though, but it's about 13 sec of fortify instead of our usual 4 sec, and about 25sec if the vigil is used. Other than that, the build is still the same as it was. You can still get to really good damage numbers since clusters are such a big damage boost.

I've already fixed the survivability concern that you have, if you watched the video you will understand
I cast remi - a very beginner friendly guide : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2866127
"
So concentrated effect actually gives us more damage? I would think so since TR deal DoT damage in an area, not area damage like VD or BV.

Yeah, since the reduce AoE from conc effect is no longer a drawback from using it.
okay just for my brain -> Build still very nice just swap Awakened Increased Area of Effect with Concentrated Effect late gamne nd go?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info