-

"
Oh, we have 3 builds for this ascendancy, but 3/4's of players are only playing one of those builds, THERES NO DIVERISITY!

Let's destroy that one so nobody plays, and then they play the other 2, so theres MORE diversity because they play 2 builds now, instead of 3!.

If you really think Pathfinder only has 3 playable variants then you already dismiss yourself from this discussion.

- Toxic Rain
- Mines/Traps in different variants
- Cold Conversion BV
- Pestilent Strike/Viper Strike
- Lightning Strike
- RF Bane/Blight

and those are the ones actually being damn strong, not even talking about some other shananigangs people are able to come up with. Take this into consideration as well:

"
TL:DR from the execpted nerfs : 10 - 20% damage lost, depending on your setup.

Statement from Remi, if you cannot handle 20% dps-Loss then u might want to farm and build better items.

"
Recent leagues had actually pretty decent spread between skills and ascendancies and not like Legion where 40% was Slayer cyclone or Blight where Zombie Baron Necro was dwarfing all the builds (combined with how strong it was for league mechanic, blighted maps). Not mentioning the delirium herald aura stacker Guardian / Scion, that was busted, we're having like 3rd wave of nerfs to aura clusters now?

I don´t see that. 40% of players were running with BV in some way, the split with ascendancies is allright but it basically was BV + Carrion Golems and you have 50% of the playerbase. I don´t see any build diversity in that regard.

And my point was if you check out pathfinder on its own. Take away the BV then you are left with 75% Toxic Rain, as if there aren´t any other spells. It is overperforming in comparison so it has to be nerfed. And seeing those reactions they did exactly that though ironically TR seems to be still more achievable than the Melee-Gems who got hit harder.

edit: If you´re wondering - I won´t be rolling necro or assassin as there are tons of other strong and interesting builds in the game, u just have to keep your eyes open for those ;-)
Last edited by Vennto on Apr 13, 2021, 6:03:47 AM
"
idkwat wrote:
For instance, they tried to nerf the "endless" supply of master missions by removing the master mission bonus from the Awakening Level, insteead of hitting the actual source of that endless supply: the new watchstones, so the result is absolutely nothing, we can still endlessly get master missions like we did in Ritual.
They're "balancing" in a way that you have to work more for the same results. Every time they add new content, you're expected to do it (extra work) but when you get more rewards than before, then it gets nerfed. So the rewards stay similar but the work is extra.

For example, unlocking passive trees on every region and uncharted realms is much more work than just completing 150 awakening objectives. But now you'll be pushed into doing uncharted realms for the extra master mission per day (if that stays... some stuff will be nerfed, probably Zana path).

I already plan for Ultimatum to take 24 challenges and bail because I cba regrinding hundreds of maps for stuff like Maven unlock. This game is already casual unfriendly as it is, and GGG only listens to people who invest 100s of exalts into their builds so no nerf really cripples them, they just trivialize the content a bit less. I've seen some "boss killer" characters and they have so much damage it doesn't even compare, if their kill time goes from 5 seconds to 7 seconds it won't change anything, but if the kill time of average build goes from 5 minutes to 7 minutes that's much less efficiency and higher chance to make mistake and die. Even worse, nerfs to bottom line of the build usually means your kill time goes from 5 minutes to 20 and it's not even worth trying, or you end up erasing your tankiness to chase a droplet of extra damage without spending 100s of exalts, especially without harvest crafting.
Last edited by Viktranka on Apr 13, 2021, 6:33:43 AM
"
Viktranka wrote:

Even worse, nerfs to bottom line of the build usually means your kill time goes from 5 minutes to 20 and it's not even worth trying, or you end up erasing your tankiness to chase a droplet of extra damage without spending 100s of exalts, especially without harvest crafting.

I had potentially solved both damage and survivability issues.

Survivability issue had already been solved, I tested some stuff out on STD earlier, attempt to tank sirus die beam on A8, on both occasions I take 0 damage. Like actual 0 damage and that's 2 times in a row.

For the damage, I'm still looking ways to mitigate the nerf but I need to see exactly what hits TR. But a few methods I would be using such as abyss jewel, Maloney's, changes to clusters etc etc.

I cast remi - a very beginner friendly guide : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2866127
Support me if you want to! ttv/remicaster1
"
Remicaster1 wrote:
I had potentially solved both damage and survivability issues.
I'm looking forward to your build update, I guess we'll know tomorrow the detailed patch notes what was changed and how much (I expect wicked pall and broadside will get reduced).
Been shadowing this build guide (no pun intended) as a Trickster version of Toxic Rain. Kinda sad that I managed to get my stuff setup to where I had just hit the 6-Pod AOE breakpoint and had my defenses all setup and the like and was running well.

Will check the patch notes when they come out and see what changes we can come up with. What I am most concerned about is how hard the AOE, Skill Duration, and Toxic Rain damage scaling is going to get hit by. Those to me seem to be the most crucial and depending on what happens, I'll have to switch gems and passives around, and potentially some Cluster Jewels as well. Thankfully, have a few extra in the wings, but...ugh...the anticipation is never fun. ><
"
* The spread range of spore pods from Toxic Rain is now affected by Area of Effect modifiers. This means that having higher Area of Effect causes the resulting spore pods to spread out more. The base spread range of the spore pods has also been slightly lowered.
* Each Spore Pod now applies 5% less Movement Speed to nearby Enemies (previously 10%), to a maximum of 30% (previously 60%).
Last edited by destroyermaker on Apr 13, 2021, 7:26:14 PM
"
The spread range of spore pods from Toxic Rain is now affected by Area of Effect modifiers. This means that having higher Area of Effect causes the resulting spore pods to spread out more. The base spread range of the spore pods has also been slightly lowered.

Well. It was a good run boys.
rip toxic rain :( with that and the cluster nerfs

i had fun with it at least!
"
"
* The spread range of spore pods from Toxic Rain is now affected by Area of Effect modifiers. This means that having higher Area of Effect causes the resulting spore pods to spread out more. The base spread range of the spore pods has also been slightly lowered.
* Each Spore Pod now applies 5% less Movement Speed to nearby Enemies (previously 10%), to a maximum of 30% (previously 60%).

I mean that basically means we dont want area of effect mods anymore coz we want spores to be close to each other and not spread out right? So stuff like concentrated effect instead of efficacy/mirage archer could be a thing and going wicked pall, unholy grace, misery everlasting cluster jewels instead of broadside, tempered arrowheads for just more damage.

The slow nerf is literally inconsequential.
Last edited by ComfyExo on Apr 13, 2021, 7:49:50 PM
i think deadeye will be viable for Tr league start. Honestly though with this league just screams low life glad as the new op just need to find a build guide for the new skills.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info